Shining Force RPG session 1
===== SESSION START =====
High atop the heavens, a council was taking place. All the Gods were united
to decide the fate of a vile creature... Dark Dragon.
Member:I say we send him back to the dark abyss!
The others yell in dissaproval. One of them, mightier than the others slams
his hand on the table to silence the council.
Leader: ORDER! We will do no such thing! That would only aggravate our
The surrounding people nod in aggrement.
Leader:We must send him where his power is weakened and cannot achieve its
The council finally understands and smiles its content.
Leader: Then it is settled. Prepare the vessel for his departure.
Two winged humanoids run out to fill in the God's request while the council
leader turns to a human swordsman at his side.
Leader:I leave the rest up to you... Now go.
The swordsman nods and walks out, not looking back.
[20 years after this council]
A beautiful summer sun shines ove Granseal. The people go about their work,
enjoying the weather, but all seem nervous.
In the distance, a lone woman can be seen walking towards the gates. People
hurry to the gates to greet the stranger.
Peasant: Are you Lara Mano the demon hunter?!
* Lara-Mano walks up to the gates of Granseal.
That I am. :)
Peasant: You must get to castle. The captain of the guards is waiting for
you. Shall I escort you?
* Lara-Mano smiles.
lead the way. :)
*The peasant bows to Lara and starts to walk towards a dirt road...
* Lara-Mano follows the peasant.
Lara walks down the dirt road towards the castle which is now visible in the
distance. People poke their heads out of doors and windows to stare at her as she
nice place. Quite the homey feel to it. :)
Peasant: Yes... This place is quite a haven...
but...what's with everyone just peering out. I'm not going to kill anyone.
Peasant: I am sorry, noble warrior... But the monsters keep us on our
That's where I come in...right?
*The peasant nods and smiles...
Well, you called the best. My family's been demon hunters for 300
The two arrive at the gates of the castle. Two knights await at the
Knight: Halt! Who goes there!
Hey. Lara Mano...and you are?
* Lara-Mano extends her hand to the guard.
Knight: Oh... You have arrived... Good...
Yes..now, take me to the king. This messgae said it was an urgent matter.
*The knight waves the peasant away and brings Lara to the court room...
* Lara-Mano follows the knight..looking around the castle using her peripherial vision.
* Vankarin meets the knights half way to the throne room...
Knights... Take your leave...
*The two knights depart, leaving Vankarin to escort Lara.
Hello. I'm Lara Mano..and you are?
I am Vankarin... Captain of the guards... I am the one who has summoned you.
hmmm....not much for small talk are you.
* Vankarin glares at lara... You are as bold as they say, young one...
That's for me to know and you to find out.
* Vankarin lets out a chuckle... Come! We must meet the king.
* Lara-Mano smiles as she follows Vankarin.
* Vankarin walks into the throne room, guards opening the gate for him.
Guard: All hail Sir Vankarin!
* Vankarin nods to the people as he passes by...
quite the ones for ceremony eh?
* Vankarin looks over to Lara and then advances towards the king.
* Lara-Mano follows Vankarin toward the king.
* Vankarin lowers himself to one knee and urges Lara to do the same...
* Lara-Mano bows before the king.
My liege... Here is the Demon hunter I told you about.
* Vankarin gets up and moves to the king's side...
Majesty. I'm here to serve. I understand you have a monster problem.
King: Yes... There has been rumor of monster sightings in the old gem
* Lara-Mano stands up. "Tell me more."
King: An old gem mine north of town. It has been devoid for such a long
time... But now monsters are being spotted in that area more frequently... We want this
Leave it to me, Majesty.
*The king nods and hands a pouch to Vankarin.
* Vankarin takes the pouch and tosses it to Lara... 500 gold pieces... Your troops are
waiting outside... Buy supplies for the journey outside and report back to me.
* Lara-Mano turns to leave the throne room.
hmm....the king said that my troops are waiting outside...I wonder who I'll
be taking with me.
As Lara exits the gates of castle Granseal, Baine, Erin, FlameStrike and
Indigo away outsde...
So...are you the ones that the king spoke of?
** As Lara arrives, Flamestrike stands up
* Indigo turns to Lara.
Yes, we are. You can call me FlameStrike.
* Baine eyes Lara icily...
and you can call me Lara.
* FlameStrike extends a clawed hand at Lara
* Lara-Mano shakes FlameStrike's hand.
*In a sweet voice* I am Indigo Mysteria, a sorceress.
* Indigo curtsies politely.
I'm Lara Mano, 300th Generation demon hunter.
* Baine keeps her hand at her side. I am Kara Baine. You can call me Baine.
and you can call me Lara. Pleased to make your aquaintance, Baine. :)
* Baine nods.
* Erin simply states. * Hi, I'm Erin.
Hey, Erin. :)
* FlameStrike mutters a curse under his breath
*In a confused voice* Why am I here?
Well, there have been reports of monters in the gem mine to the north.
We're gonna check it out.
* Baine turns away from the group and stares off into the horizon. Lets go then.
Oh. What is a monster?
We should buy some supplies first
We've got to stock up on supplies then return to the king first, Baine.
We don't have healers, so some Medical Herbs should come in handy
* Baine turns back and eyes Lara. Alright....
Good call, FlameStrike...to the item shop.
I'll wait for you at the general store
* Lara-Mano leads the team to the item shop.
* Indigo looks confused.
* FlameStrike flies into the air to the general store
* Indigo follows along with a confused look.
As the team wanders in town, they pass a booth. In a large cage, a large
chipmunk is trapped in a cage.
* FlameStrike flies down
* FlameStrike lands and folds his wings
* Indigo stares at the chipmunk.
Quite a big chipmunk there.
*The chipmunk looks at Lara...
* Baine smirks and pokes at the chipmunk
Creature: GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!
Baine, leave the chipmunk alone.
*The chipmunk rattles the cage!
***Indigo's personality shifts***
Make me, miss thang.
creature: I WANT OUT!!!
It must be in there for a reason...
* Lara-Mano lets the chipmunk out of the cage.
* FlameStrike looks around for some shopkeeper
we'd better leave it alone.
The store clerk looks at Lara...
Oh...what's letting the chipmunk out gonna hurt.
Leave that alone!
* Indigo looks around confusedly.
* Lara-Mano looks around.
Where am I? Who are you?
If you want to free this creature, it's gonna cost ya...
How much do you want for that chipmunk
How did I get here?
I said, HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT?
*the clerk looks at the team's pouches.....
* Baine glares at the clerk..
Clerk: Hmm... I'd say... Around..... 400 Gold pieces!
* Lara-Mano considers summoning her soulsword.
No way! We're not gonna pass up on important supplies for this... this rodent!
That seems a bit steep.
*In a cold voice* Give us what we want this instant or else.
How about 100 and you get to keep your head.
Hear me, man. He's an INTELLIGENT creature
It's not good to imprison intelligent creatures.
* Erin stamps her hooves and mutters. * How did I ever get talked into...
Clerk: So? This is business...
good call, Baine.
We're even willing to pay you, without summoning the guards.
So, 100 and NOT A COIN MORE
*The clerk mumbles... 200!
but not too much..we have a mission to undertake here.
* Baine nods to FlameStrike
* FlameStrike has a really altered expression on his draconish face
125...no more..no less.
Clerk: Oh K'mon! Yer swindling me!
No, lara. 100
Why should we pay for this rodent? We have the power, we can simply take it
and anything else we want!
We're swindling? What do you think 400 gold for a damn chipmunk is?
Creature: Will you just GET me OUT OF HERE PUHLEEZ?
* Erin shakes her head... * I'd leave it there...
It's only a chipmunk...
Hear me man, i hate to see intelligent creatures trapped
*The clerk looks at Lara... I call that good business, doll face...
* Baine places her hand on the hilt of AmeShi. "Shopkeep. We can do this peacefully or
not. Your choice."
If it's intelligent, it's probably trapped for a reason.
And when i become enraged, i become also violent.
* Lara-Mano holds her right hand to the inside of her left fist and exclaims, "Sword of
my soul, APPEAR!" She pulls her hand from her fist as the mystic blade appears in
Lara's right hand.
* Indigo prepares to summon Dao.
*A brown glow surrounds her fist.
*Ahem* I suppose we could solve this matter without violence
Clerk: Damn! Will you people calm down?!
Great... I'm the Tactican of a group that wants to go to war over a bloody squirrel...
Creature: I AIN'T NO SQUIRREL! :P
Clerk: FINE FINE! 100 Gold pieces!
*The chipmunk cheers!
That is better, puny one.
* FlameStrike frees the Chipmunk
On my shoulder, man
Clerk: Now gimme my money!
* Baine glances at Erin.. Complaining?
OK....100 gold..here you go. Now, we have a little business to take care
*The clerk closes his booth! Get away form here... NOW!
No point... not like no one listens... I can hardly wait until we run into a
let's get to the general store now.
Make us, peasant!
Indigo, stop it
Indigo, let's go.
* Indigo looks at them coldly.
* FlameStrike appears to calm down
Creature: Thank you kind people, but I can't stay with you... For your
kindness, I'll give you this.
who are you?
Why can't you?
*the chipmunk hands a golden ring with a red gem to Lara...
* Lara-Mano takes the ring.
Creature: I just can't... I... uh... Got some business to take care of!
Thank you. Now, shall we get going and stock up?
*the chipmunk runs off quickly.
* Baine watches the chipmunk go.
* Indigo shakes her head.
Great, you forked over 100Gp for that thing, and it ran away... Whatta waste...
* Lara-Mano shakes her head.."Heck of a day this has been."
***Indigo's personality shifts***
Erin, i think 100 GP are nothing compared to a gold ring with a ruby in
* Indigo looks around.
Where are we now?
Unless it's a fake.
Could i take a look at it?
Well, we can sell it for more money at the general store.
* Baine smirks at Erin. Are you always this cynical?
Lara: Possibly that could be a magical ring
* Erin looks back. * I have to be.
* Lara-Mano smiles.
Please let me take a look at it
Well....what do you folks suggest?
* Lara-Mano shows the ring to FlameStrike.
Will someone tell me where I am and how I got here?!
* FlameStrike takes it and begins appraising
* Baine grins. I think we should sell it. Maybe it'll get us some nice GP.
Let's buy what we can, and get this done with. The faster we get to the cave,
the sooner I can get back to studying.
* Indigo sits down.
Indigo, you're in Granseal...as for how you got here, I have no earthly
Hmmm. I must have blanked out again.
* FlameStrike continues appraising the ring
As i thought
what is it, FlameStrike?
* Baine leans against a wall, remaining indifferent
I am not able to recognize it fully, but it is magical
Be forewarned! Some magical items may also be cursed!
Well....we'll have to find someone who can fully recognize it.
For now, let's go to the General Store
I agree...let's get going...shall we?
* Baine nods
The team gathers their things and move on to the general store...
* FlameStrike goes by foot this time
The team arrives at the store... The market is quite empty.
* Baine mutters about wasting time
What happened here? This place is lifeless.
They fear monsters, Indigo
*The store clerk looks at the party.. Well well... This is a fine lookin
Shop Clerk: What can I do for ya people?
* Baine glares at the clerk.
* FlameStrike sharpens his claws
* Indigo simply stares at the clerk.
We wanted to buy some herbs
Shop Clerk: Herbs? Hmm... I don't have many left...
I think so, FlameStrike. We don't have a healer,so we'll need them.
*The clerk looks at his inventory list.
I said that earlier, Lara
* FlameStrike whispers to Lara
and to think that this is my first day in Granseal. Oh well...
Shop Clerk: Well, I have about 20 herbs left...
* Baine leans on the counter and examines the rest of the party
how much are they?
Shop Clerk: 15 gold pieces per herb.
* Indigo sits in a corner and begins reading a book of magic intently.
15? That's a THEFT! No more than 8
Shop Clerk: Hey! These are rare! 15, no less!
Everyone in this damned town is out to make us broke it seems..
* FlameStrike examines the herbs
Do you have any antidote herb?
*The clerk looks at Baine... Inflation, missy... These are troubled times...
* Baine glares at the clerk. If times are so damn troubled, then maybe you'd like to
be generous and let us keep some of our coins?
Shop Clerk: Antidote... Hmm... I only have five of those... People scared of
poison... Go figure... :P
* Indigo looks up.
I can see it.
Sir, you're a thief. There is no other way to put it.
Shop Clerk: I have to pay my house and feed my 10 children! Gimme a break
And we have a mission to do!
Well, you should fuck less
sounds like someone's been busy.
* Baine slams her palm down on the counter
Shop Clerk: So give me my money, and go do yer mission!
Sorry for that...
damn, Baine...quite a temper there,eh?
Let we have a treat
How about I give you my blade in your lower intestine, old man?!
10 children? Do you not think it was irresponsible to have that many children
if you had insufficent funds to take care of them?
* Baine narrows her eyes
You give us 10 herbs and those 5 antidote and we give you 150 coins.
Shop Clerk: Don't make me call the guards on ya people...
Easy there, Baine.
* Baine grits her teeth.
We have done nothing to you?
Sir..we're working for the king.
We're here by order of the king.
* Baine goes over to a corner and leans against the wall there.
Yes, we're to gather supplies for a mission he's sending us on.
Shop Clerk: Even then! I have the right to charge anythin I bloody want to!
If you people don't like it, then find another shop...
Fine. Easily done in Granseal.
* Lara-Mano thinks this talking is getting nowhere.
* Smiling sweetly* We're supposed to defeat some monsters in a gem mine to the
north of here.
hee hee... Not so, miss... I'm the only stocked shop left!
You can reconsider now, or make a quick 150.
I said, 10 herbs and 5 antidotes for 130 coins!
* Baine lets out a low hiss...
* FlameStrike begins to roar in anger
Shop Clerk: Hey hey hey! 200 gold pieces! That's as low as I go!
Indigo, talk about your mood swings.
Now hear me mortal. You will have your goddamn bloody 150 coins and we
will have our herbs!
Of what do you speak, Lara?
Shop Clerk: Yer herbs, yeah... The antidotes are 10 each!
one moment your're as violent as a gorilla..next as sweet as a peach....:)
I was including those
* FlameStrike tries to calm down
Ok, i'll say it again
Shop Clerk: Lookee here... Gimme my money or leave... I'm closin up shop...
* Lara-Mano pats FlameStrike on the back.."Calm down, friend."
I suppose we shall have to do without then.
You give us 10 herbs and 5 antidotes, and we'll give you 150 coins...
* Indigo sighs sadly.
Shop Clerk: 175! Don't you swindle me!
I'm NOT swindling
* Baine saunters over to the Shopkeep. She narrows her eyes at him. 170.
Now your city will not be freed from whatever it is you fear.
I'm making you an offer you can NOT refuse
*The store clerk groans... OH FINE! 170!
* Lara-Mano pays the shopkeep 170 gold.
* Indigo smiles sweetly.
Shop Clerk: Buncha damn swindlers...
* Baine smirks
* FlameStrike takes the herbs and distributes them evenly
You see? Now we can help you, and you'll be a hero!
*The clerk gives the herbs to the party and closes his stall...
no...just thrifty...that's all. :) Have a nice day, sir. :)
Call me swindler again and i'll rip your head and use it as a ball
FlameStrike?. Carry my herbs for me.
* FlameStrike calms down
As you wish, but stay near to me in the fight