Shining Force RPG session 11
===== Session start! =====
The shining Force is now heading towards Tristan in the hopes of
finding an alternate route to Bedoe...
* Lara walks toward Tristan..
The road ahead is covered in rocks, thus quite a hard road...
* Baine follows, alert..
* Indigo is staying far back, looking lost and scared, like a little girl.
* Chamolo follows silently.
I don't remember this road being this rocky...
well, we are passing through a mountain range.
That's all right, I always liked a good climb...
* Baine flexes her hands, eyeing them...
But the road was well maintained before... Well.. Before Tristan's
temple of Mitula was destroyed...
As I said before....an ambush?
who knows...maybe it just got this bad over time...but keep alert.
I am. Don't worry, Lara..
* Baine nods slightly..
What is an ambush?
* Vankarin walks on, not really caring if there's an ambush...
Go ask mommy and daddy, dearest.. *smirk*
* Lara whispers to Baine. "is it just me or is Vankarin not himself lately,
Something bad, Indigo..
Mommy and daddy? I....don't remember them.....
* Baine whispers back. "Who cares...maybe we'll get lucky and he'll fall down the
* Vankarin turns to Baine and says, "You would be the one to wish that, Baine..."
* Baine sneers. "Yeah...yeah, I would.."
Don't think whispering will make me deaf to your conversation...
* Baine is very very icy towards Vankarin..
* Chamolo looks rather confused.
Maybe I wanted you to hear me, old man..
* Indigo falls to the side, looking warily at Baine.
* Vankarin snickers and continues to walk along the path, which now seems to
You.....you sound like a bad person...someone said something about
avoiding bad people, but I don't know who....
* Darton is sitting upon the path ahead, looking out towards the rest of the
world at large, and probably blocking your path now.
* Baine smirks
this seems like the perfect place to stage an ambush.
* Vankarin stops and places his hand on the hilt of his sword...
Oh grand. An overgrown dustmop.
* Indigo taps her head, then looks at Darton.
* Darton twitches an ear and stands up
* Indigo whirls over and curtsies.
* Baine eyes the stranger coolly
Hello. I'm Indigo Mysteria, a....sorceress I believe the word is.
* Darton looks down at the polite young lady
* Vankarin clenches and unclenches the hilt of his sword...
* Lara places her left hand on the inside of her right fist...beginning to
concentrate on summoning her soulsword.
Who are you?
My name is Darton...
Pleased to meet you!
* Indigo smiles and curtsies again.
* Baine makes gagging noises
Nice to meet you... I am Vankarin... *lets the other introductions to
I'd tell you more about myself, but I don't know anything else.
* Yogurt fumbles through his pouch for a ring...
* Darton raises an eyebrow at Baine "And exactly what are you looking at?" A hint
of anger has crept into his voice
* Baine smirks. "A really hairy being."
I'm Lara Mano. That's Kara Baine, Chamolo, Kodah, Yogurt, Erin,
* Lara starts pointing.
* Darton twitches an ear at Vankarin, acknowledging his presence
did I miss anyone?
We are heading to Tristan... Would you know of an easier path than
* Indigo looks really confused and wanders off.
really, did I miss anyone?
This is the only path... in or out...
great...this is the ideal place for Darksol to stage an attack.
* Vankarin turns to Lara... No you didn't miss anyone...
* Indigo turns to Lara.
* Baine nods to Lara..
Who is DarkSol?
* Indigo looks really innocent and confused.
* Baine looks at Indigo. "An asshole, kid."
Interesting question she has there...
baine, will you explain to Indigo what's going on?
I just summed it up, Lara.
What is an.....
* Indigo looks reluctant to say the last word.
* Baine snickers
A very bad person
Indigo, let's just say that Darksol is the essence of evil.
Oh. What is evil?
* Darton snorts... this group is weirder than most
* Vankarin shakes his head... We've got to move on... We're vulnerable here...
* Baine gahs
I agree, Vankarin.
* Indigo doesn't look like she understands at all.
Can I please throw Indigo off the mountain?
I didn't see anyone...
* Indigo turns to Baine.
Why would you want to do that?
Well sir Darton, we're not taking any chances... Darksol wants us
dead, you see...
* Vankarin looks back at the Shining Force and heads towards the path...
* Baine resists the urge to chop Indigo's head open..
* Darton quirks a corner of his mouth up "Why is it that everyone that comes here
has someone wanting them dead?"
* Lara follows Vankarin.
* Baine follows Lara and drags Cham along
* Indigo looks at the personality-splitting device, then puts it away.
Kodah, grab her and bring her along.
* Darton figures he'd better keep track of these insane fools and follows them
* Vankarin looks at Darton as he stops... Maybe because Tristan houses the
remnants of Mitula's shrine...
* Indigo wanders behind them, the goes off to look for flowers like the pretty
prism-flower in her hair.
Could be... but any power there is long gone...
That's what's so sad...
* Vankarin shakes his head and walks on...
or at least I never saw any... and I've lived there all my life... I
should know, dodn't you think?
Mitula? That name strikes a chord......
* Lara keeps walking, staying alert to her surroundings.
I think I've met this Mitula somewhere before.....
* Vankarin stands back to Darton and says, "Probably, yes..."
* Indigo frowns, puzzled, the goes off flower-hunting.
* Vankarin looks back at Indigo to make sure she's following...
* Kodah makes aure that Indigo stays with the group
* Indigo is wandering around, on and off the path, looking for flowers and
* Lara whispers to Kara. "I think I liked the split personalities better."
* Indigo turns to Kodah.
Look at the pretty flower in my hair.
* Indigo points to the prismflower.
* Kodah grumbles and redoubles his efforts
I'll pick you a pretty flower too.
oh for crying out loud...just throw her over your shoulder, Kodah.
* Vankarin notices the team's slowed down by Indigo...
* Indigo smiles at Kodah before wandering off for more flowers.
* Darton keeps a distance from the loonies
Darton... How far is Tristan, exactly?
* Kodah picks up Indigo and carries her back to the group, "Come on you, enough
flowers for one day"
For you at this rate?
Hey. Put me down! I was going to get flowers for you too!
It takes me 'bout half a day... it'll be a whole day for you
.oO(She's enough to drive a person insane.)
* Vankarin sighs... We better get a move on, people...
* Indigo pouts and beats her fists on Kodah's back, kicking.
I'm moving, Vankarin.
Ow.....yeah yeah I;m coming....
* Darton grins ferally and keeps ahead
Yeah, but miss hissy fit isn't... :P
Indigo, stop acting like a baby or Kodah will feed me to you.
* Baine nods and grins a feral grin
===== Cut Scene! =====
Back in Darksol's Lair, the sounds of screaming are heard... They echo
through the halls, sending a chill upon anyone who's listening...
Oh stop screaming, child... There is no way anyone will hear you...
* Indigo growls and continues to scream
* Darksol shakes his head... You will calm down... Or I will force you to calm
Let me go, you piece of dog shit!
* Darksol laughs! That's a good one... Yes... You shall do quite nicely... As my
* Indigo lashes out at Darksol, trying to grab at his face
* Darksol walks back and casts a bolt of power upon her, rendering her
Well now... I guess I shall have to reprogram her better... The devil's
blood I added made her even more violent...
* Darksol calls for aids to bring Indigo to the ritual circle...
===== End cut scene! =====
The Shining Force can now see Tristan in the distance...
* Baine glares coolly at Vankarin's back :P
* Chamolo feet hurt. :/
* Lara glares out at the horizon. "There's Tristan."
* Chamolo blinks. "Ah! We made it. Finally, eh?"
* Indigo has fallen asleep riding Kodah's shoulder.
* Darton is still keeping his distance, his long green cape fluttering out behind
him dramatically and stuff
shortly southwest and we'll be at the river.
but first, we should stop in town...
But we need to get to town, yes...
Hmm....good. My thirst is killing me.
* Baine mutters about using Vankarin's skeleton as a boat..
* Kodah trudges along, rather sore after this whole ordeal
Hmm.. ^_^ But the town is just as well. Just don't let me near a pub.
^_^ Eh Kara?
we'll have no repeat of that drunkfest you and Kodah threw earlier,
* Vankarin glares back at Baine... Don't strech your luck, Kara..
* Darton sighs, figuring he could have gotten rid of them... NOBODY stops in
Tristran... there's nothing there...
* Chamolo glares at Kara. "You don't have to rub it in."
* Baine growls lowly at Vankarin and then chuckles at Chamolo
* Chamolo grins. ^_^
* Vankarin looks away from Baine and looks at the road ahead...
* Lara sorta smiles..
We'll tie you down to a bed or something, maybe. You're dangerous when
* Baine's eyes are kinda cold but she speaks rather nicely to Chamolo :P
* Darton doesn't think he wants to know.
Darton... You say you're from Tristan... Do you know where we could
find a raft?
Hmm... you could try the mayor's house... dunno, never needed a raft.
* Vankarin nods to Darton...
* Baine thinks dark thoughts about Vankarin :P
* Indigo wakes up and slides from Kodah's shoulders.
We could just steal a boat..
Nice nap. ^_^
The town is quite small... The roads aren't as inhabited as the days
Mitula was housed there... the path to the shrine is blocked off...
Looks peaceful enough.
* Baine smirks at the town..
* Indigo stretches, then looks at the blocked path, puzzled.
* Kodah rubs his back and shoulders, "Oy....."
Now I *know* that there was something I used to do in situations like
Heh, this would be Clan bait. ^_-
* Darton walks to a small house set a bit apart from the rest of the town, eager
to get away from the crazies
looks like we won't be able to get to the shrine.
* Kodah looks at Indigo, "Huh?"
* Vankarin catches up with Darton... Wait...
* Darton stops before reaching the house "Yes?"
Care to tell me where the mayor's house is?
* Indigo goes on "I think there was something I did when things were blocked
but.....I don't remember....."
It's the big one... can't miss it *points*
* Baine looks at Indigo and shakes her head.
* Vankarin nods... Thank you...
Something about earth, and....water?
* Lara gets an anime sweat drop.
* Kodah blink-blinks
* Chamolo blinks.. "I don't think we should tell her.."
* Indigo looks puzzled and shrugs.
* Darton hurries off to his house before they think of some other lame excuse to
try and get him to stay
Oh well, it probaly wasn't anything important anyway....
* Lara whispers to Chamolo "I agree."
* Vankarin walks back.... Let's head for that house... *points to the largest
* Lara nods
* Lara heads for the mayor's house.
* Baine mutters something
* Baine shrugs and drags Cham to the mayor's house :P
* Chamolo looks at Baine almost sadly, for some way. "Urk! hey! Ease up a bit,
* Vankarin follows Lara...
* Baine eases up
* Indigo trails behind, thinking but following.
* Chamolo falls over on his face. "Ooph! What was that?!"
* Baine blinks
* Kodah plods along after the group
Something pushed me down!
Your own two feet, maybe? ^_-
* Baine helps Chamolo up
* Baine nods and looks after Vankarin's back, fingering the hilt of the dagger
she used to kill Jeyer..
* Indigo walks up to Chamolo.
Ummm....hi Mr. Chamolo.
Hi Miss Indigo.
* Vankarin keeps walking, and says, "Don't even think about it, Baine..."
You seem nice, so I'll stay with you.
* Baine smirks
* Chamolo seems lost in his own thoughts, today.
I'd never think about lodging this in your spine..
* Vankarin snickers, not even turning around...
The door of the mayor's house stands in front of the Shining Force...
* Lara knocks.
Giant double doors made of rock...
* Indigo looks at it.
There is no answer for a minute, but then one of the doors opens just
Rock, stone, earth....something seems familiar about that element.
^^; Whatever would make you think that, Miss Indigo?
* Baine snickers
May I help you?
Yeah...take us to your leader.
we're here to see the mayor...
* Baine smirks
For what reason, may I ask?
He owes my bitch money. :P
* Chamolo lets the others do the talking. ^_^
Well, I don't know. But I just started getting these weird images,
and.....I think some friends of mine were connected to them...
* Indigo turns to the valet.
* Baine quiets down :P
we're looking for a raft.
we're the Shining Force.
Oh hi. We're a bunch of nice people, I think, and we want to talk to the
A raft..? Hmm... Shining Force?! Uhm... Ok... *opens the door a little
* Indigo smiles charmingly and winningly.
* Baine makes strangling motions at Indigo's neck, where Indigo can't see. ^_-
* Chamolo slowly heads inside, thanking the Valet.
* Vankarin walks in, nodding to the Valet...
* Lara follows..
* Baine cuts it out and walks in after Lara
* Indigo walks in and smiles at the valet in passing.
The mayor is in his study... The door over there... *points to a door
north of the entrance*
* Lara nods.
* Kodah goes inside and looks around warily
* Lara walks over to the door
* Chamolo walks to the study.
Maybe we should let Chamolo do the talking?
The doors of the study are small, and made of wood...
Good idea, Baine.
* Lara knocks.
I do the talking? Whatever for?
Because you're educated.
You're smart as well, Baine..
A faint voice is heard behind the door, saying, "Enter..."
* Kodah looks nervous
* Chamolo quietly enters the study.
* Lara opens the door and enters.
* Baine smirks and mumbles something, following
Hello, Mayor? May we have a word with you?
* Indigo follows, then curtsies to the mayor and smiles.
* The mayor looks at Chamolo, as if sizing him, and nods...
* Lara bows to the mayor.
We're the Shining Force, and we ask for a small favor..
* Kodah walks into the mayor's office, still nervous
We need a raft to reach Bedoe...would you help us obtain one please?
Yes, that is us, although we may not look like it...
* Baine grins a little at Chamolo's manners. :P
* The mayor strokes his thick beard... A raft... That isn't an easy request to
fulfill... Wood is rare in these parts...
* Indigo stares at the chambers in awe.
* Lara looks at Chamolo, then to the mayor.
.oO(I would've stepped on the mayor's crotch until he finally gave us a
raft...this is a nice change. :P)
Maybe we can make one of stone.
Permission to hurt Indigo?
* Baine looks at Lara
* The mayor chuckles... A raft of stone...
sure, Indigo...it'd, not to sound Cliche, sink like a rock.
Well, the rafts we have are for fishing purposes, and I don't think we
can truly spare one...
Not really. Not if it were properly balanced.
* Baine stops from saying something really mean..
I don't know how, but I think it could be done, then the water would
carry it, and I think there was something I could do with the water to make it
I'm sorry you cannot help us, sir...
It's not I don't want to help the Shining Force, it's more like I cannot
spare a raft...
I understand sir. Thank you for your time.
* Chamolo hms. Tou have no trees or leaves anywhere?
* Baine has a look on her face that pretty much tells what she thinks the mayor
can do with his stone doors
Hmmmm......maybe we can accompany a trade mission to Bedoe....
Perhaps you can make one of giant leaves..
Well, the fishermen in Pangoat valley might help you... There's a path
south east of here leading to their settlement...
Is it far from this village?
and the river is southwest of here...but let's go.
Half an hour's walk from here...
That's not so bad..
* Lara bows to the mayor. "Thank you, sir."
The river is extended to their village... It was done a few years ago...
* Indigo curtsies.
* Chamolo thanks the Mayor politely ^_^
* Indigo goes over a puts a flower in the mayor's hair.
Thank you, bye!
* Lara walks out of the office.
Uh... Glad I could help... *looks at Indigo, puzzled*
* Indigo twirls out of the office.
* Kodah looks at the mayor again, then leaves
* Baine mutters and walks out of the office, half dragging Chamolo :P
* Vankarin walks out of the study quickly...
Don't mind her, she's rather disturbed. Harmless, but disturbed. We'll
leave you now. Goodbye, sir *Shuts the door*
Ack! You don't have to drag me, Miss Kara. I can walk.
I kind of like dragging you. ^_-
So now what?
we head southwest to the fishing village.
* Baine pales slightly
* Vankarin yawns... I say we head to the fishing village now...
Maybe I should stay here? ^_^;
* Baine stops dragging Chamolo
Ooooooohhhh, no reason ^_^;
I know that tone, Baine.
I'll stay with you then, and keep you company so you don't get lonely.
I'm going. ^_^;
* Baine grabs a really big hat and plunks it down on her head..
* Baine makes sure it covers most of her face :P
That hat looks good on you, Baine ^^;
* Kodah looks at Baine utterly bewildered
* Indigo puts a flower in it.
* Baine gaahs
* Baine sorta slouches :P
let's check the weapons shop first.
* Chamolo gets a sad look again and looks out over the town.
* Baine tries to look as innocent as possible :P
Surrre. Heh heh. ^_^;
* Baine grins slightly and plonks the huge hat down on Cham's head. ;)
Its totally you, dahling!
* Indigo just goes and sits down.
Weapon store: Long sword - Attack +10, 400 GP, Elven arrows attack +6,
350 GP, Mage staff Attack +13, 400 GP
* Indigo bores quickly, gets up, and goes into the weapons store with Lara.
* Baine looks at AmeShi
* Chamolo pokes at the sun hat
Its totally you, Chamolo!
I'll stay with my soulsword.
* Baine whistles lowly. ;)
* Indigo looks at the mage staffs.
== Erin buys elven arrows...
Um....can I...get the um....Longsword?
I don't really think so...
== Chamolo buys a mage staff...
* Chamolo takes it off, and puts it on yogurt.
* Indigo goes and buys a mage staff.
* Baine laughs
== Indigo buys a mage staff...
Not bad. ^_-
== Kodah buys the long sword...
What do I do with this?
* Indigo points to her old power staff.
* Baine decides to hide behind Chamolo the whole trip to Pangoat. :P
* Kodah sheaths the longsword feeling kinda proud of his new weapon
== Total of 1550 GP
* Yogurt blinks as he notices he has an ugly hat on his head :P
== The iron arrow, The short sword and the 2 power staffs sell for 600
* Kodah sells his old shortsword
* Baine hugs AmeShi..
* Baine mutters something about understanding and eyes the wall. :P
Thank you! Come again!
* Indigo wanders out and sits down, looking at the pieces of Jeyer's fake AmeShi
before reading a book.
* Lara walks from the shop and toward Pangoat.
* Darton storms out of his house, growling and acting generally pissed off...
"She's doing this to piss me off... she must be..." He snarls at the slammed door
and stomps off, apparently towards Pangoat Valley.
* Vankarin blinks
* Baine drags Chamolo merrily along :P
let's follow him.
Lets not and say we did ^_-
* Vankarin blinks yet again...
Uhm... Where are you heading?
What business is it of yours? *snarl*
* Indigo puts away her book and goes over to Darton.
* Baine stops dragging Chamolo :P
Please, let me help you.
* Vankarin blinks again... None... I'm sorry... Let's go, Shining Force...
Yes....uhm...say...why don't we go somewhere in the opposite direction?
* Darton turns and storms off on the path ahead of the Shining force towards
* Lara starts walking toward Pangoat.
* Baine slouches and hides behind Chamolo the whole way :P
Baine, why are you doing that?
The road down to Pangoat seems well maintained...
* Indigo follows, reading a book.
Noooooo reason ^_^;
* Kodah walks along, keeping a good distance between him and the more "dangerous"
members of the SF
The path is smooth, thus making it an easy walk...
* Lara hums a small tune as she walks...
* Darton is well ahead of the Force and getting farther ahead cause he knows the
area and he's very annoyed
* Vankarin looks ahead, seeing the smoke of the chimney houses already...
Can we go back? ^_6
* Vankarin looks at Baine... 1No...
I think I left something in the other inn.. ^_^ Oh wait, we never stayed
at an inn :P
* Chamolo turns around to Baine sharply. "Okay, that does it. What's going on?"
* Baine glares at Vankarin and then eyes Chamolo. "I'm afraid of being
What exactly did you do..?
Ooohhhh...stole a few things...killed a few people.... ^_^;
* Indigo turns and looks at Baine.
* Baine flinches.
* Vankarin groans...
* Darton is out of earshot by now
I could've just stayed back at Tristan..
not a pretty picture.
* Chamolo shakes his head and mutters.
But....how could you do such terrible things?
* Baine mumbles something under her breath that seems to be a reply..
Nonsense... Baine... You need to face this... Let's go...
While I don't have a clear idea what stealing and killing are, I know
they're bad somehow.
* Lara keeps moving toward pangoat.
* Baine smirks coolly at Van.. "Yeah...fate and all that.."
* Indigo says "Destiny."
* Baine follows Lara briskly...
* Vankarin follows Lara, mumbling, "Yeah... Fate..."
* Chamolo really doesn't get what's going on between those two.
Pangoat is only a few steps away from the Shining Force... Some
fishermen can be seen...
* Baine seems to be going paler and paler :P
Here we go......