Shining Force RPG session 2
===== SESSION START =====
The Shining force now stand face to face with Darksol, the wizard... He is
holding the king of Granseal's neck and laughing morbidly... Vankarin lying on the
floor unconscious by a lightning bolt, Yogurt growling at Darksol, the Shining Force
Darksol... I should have known..
* FlameStrike growls
Darksol? I thought you were killed centuries ago.
I am immortal, little one! All evil is!
He's NEVER killed. Only banished for a certain time.
* Indigo blinks.
* Darksol cackles evilly!
then feel the wrath of a demon hunter.
* Lara places her left hand to the inside of her right fist. "Sword of my soul,"she
exclaims,"APPEAR!" Lara then pulls her hand from her fist as the mystic blade appears
in her right hand.
Evil is always defeated by goodness and light.
HALT! One more step and i KILL this puny king of yours!
After which he returns, and another Shining Force kicks his sorry evil
ass into oblivion for another 500 years.
you ain't got the guts.
* FlameStrike grins
I beg to differ. He has the guts. I've read up on this guy...
* Darksol laughs! is that a challenge, weakling?
You cannot! He is the rightful king!
gee..thanks for telling me, Erin...too little too late.
He has, unfortunately. Don't challenge him.
We are seriously out of our league here...
you're not lying.
But he is evil and we are good so we are destined to triumph.
My Grandpa told me about you, Darksol.
* Indigo stands up.
You'd better listen to that pegasus... She tells the truth!
(switching to Indigo) We ARE supposed to win... But NOT NOW.
As our chief strategist, I can tell you that at this point in time, we can't
hope to win. We have to go along... as much as I don't like it...
Oh? And what did he say? This shall be amusing...
Lets just slit his puny little throat
* Baine sneers
you're right, Erin.
* Indigo blinks.
What do you want, Darksol?
That you are big, bad, and you smell REALLY BAD.
And you are disgusting.
* Darksol sneers... Pitiful attempt to anger me, mortal.
(turns to Darksol) Well, when we have the power of goodness you'll be really
And a freak. And your mama (censored)
* Indigo nods self-righteously.
I'm here to see your puny "Shining Force" in action!
* Baine chuckles to herself and mutters..
*Two knights of Granseal rush towards Darksol, spears at the ready!
you want to see the Shining Force in action? Then bring it on, pal.
* Darksol knocks them down with the flick of a wrist...
Words. All words..
*Their flesh slowly dissolves, leaving bones where they once stood...
Well, let's see: Lara can beat demons, I can summon the elementals of nature,
Flamestrike is a dragon, Baine is a really good fighter, and Erin's smart, so you can't
* Baine smirks
Fools... You shall all perish...
Mr Darksol. Scary. Not.
Uhmmm.... I bet on him.
* Indigo blinks.
* Darksol dissapears, dropping the king and summoning a horde of monsters.
===== COMBAT =====
I knew it
all right...time to rock and roll.
How did they get here?
* Baine grins darkly
* Erin spreads her wings and launches herself into the air, so gracefully, that one
would not suspect the deadly advantage she holds in the skies... *
Lets kick some ass.
===== 6 Orks, 2 hellhounds =====
I'm with ya, Baine.
* Baine unsheathes AmeShi
* FlameStrike cracks his knuckles and neck
* Indigo is preparing to curtesy.
* FlameStrike is preparing to slap Indigo
hey, how about a Katon on that first hellhound, Baine?
* Baine grins wolfishly and nods.
== Erin has the first attack!
* Erin unleashes a rain of deadly arrows upon Hellhound 1 !*
Go get em, Erin!
== attacks Hellhound 1... Most of the arrows burn to dust, dealing only 1
Oh oh... I knew this was bad...
anyone got ice magic?
Well, I think I could summon the elemental of water.
* Baine grins
===== Lara and baine attack simultaneously! =====
== Lara slices at Hellhound 1...
* Lara rushes in with the deadly soulsword!
== Baine slices at Hellhound 1...
* Baine laughs and runs towards Hellhound-1. She slashes viciously upwards with the
enchanted blade of AmeShi, leaving a huge burning gash on Hellhound-1's body.
* Indigo blinks, looks at the damage and pales.
== The two attacks leave the hellhound totally defenseless on its flank,
causing him 16 damage total... Hellhound 1 dispatched!
* Baine grins almost evilly
* Lara smirks almost mockingly of the monsters.
===== FlameStrike and the 2nd hellhound attack simultaneously! =====
== Hellhound 2 leaps at Indigo...
== FlameStrike attacks Hellhound 2...
* FlameStrike jumps on the HellHound, trying to Shield Indigo
* Indigo blinks.
But, why would....
== FlameStrike intercepts Hellhound 2, blocking his attack... FS takes 2
damage, Hellhound takes 5...
get a clue, Indigo...it's one of Darksol's monsters. Of course it wants to kill
* FlameStrike lands on the floor and gets back up
You're not going to touch them, Monster.
* Indigo frowns, seeming close to tears.
good hit, FlameStrike....
* Baine glances at Indigo
== Indigo's turn to attack
Not until FlameStrike is HERE.
If I must harm you, I'll try to have him be as gentle as possible, but he got
away from my control once....
just do it, whelp.
* Indigo reluctantly summons Dao, elemental of the Earth to attack Hellhound 2.
just kick it's ass, Indigo.
== Indigo summons Dao on Hellhound 2... Dao pounds the miserable hellhound
for 6 points of damage...
== The orks attack the Shining Force...
* FlameStrike stands ready for the incoming beasties
* Erin flies a bit higher...
* FlameStrike stands in the front, ready to take blows
== Ork 1, 2 and 3 attack Lara, while Ork 4, 5 and 6 lash out at Baine...
* Baine remains stoic
* Indigo looks at the orks.
This is gonna hurt.
== two of the Orks lash out at Lara, one fumbles, dealing 3 points of damage...
* Indigo goes to the back row.
oh come on...IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?
== Ork 4, 5 and 6 beat on Baine, dealing 5 damage... Baine counter attacks!
* Baine rushes in and slashes at Ork-6's arm and leg, then jabbing at Ork-6's face with
the hilt of AmeShi!!!
* Baine leaps back
== The ork grabs his face and groans before drowing in his own blood... 15
* Baine grins evilly
== Monster call... 1 hellhound, 5 orks...
== Erin can attack!
OK..I've got the hellhound...
* Erin knocks an arrow, raising her bow, and drawing it back. With uncanny accuracy,
she unleashes an arrow at Orc 1 !!*
== Erin fires at Ork 1... The arrow penetrates his shoulder and stays
planted there... 7 damage, + 1 damage inflicted per turn until Arrow's removed...
===== Baine and Lara attack simultaneously! =====
I sure could use a Legendary Nazca Cannon right about now...
== Lara attacks Hellhound 2...
* Lara leaps high into the air, diving at the hellhound, delivering a punishing
* Baine snarls and twirls AmeShi in her hand, the black flames on the blade growing
more and more angry. With a loud roar, she launches AmeShi at Ork-1 and AmeShi imbeds
itself in Ork-1's stomach. The black flames send agony through Ork-1's body.
* Baine rips the blade out slowly
* Baine grins
== Lara slashes the Hellhound's skull open, Baine impales the Ork... HH
receives 8 combat damage, dispatched... Ork is... Well... Dead... :P
not bad, Baine....
* Baine smiles kind of frigidly at Lara
* Indigo seems to become very rigid and cold for a moment, then reverts to her normal,
== FlameStrike can attack!
* FlameStrike looks at the hellhound
He he... Do you know how to fly?
What ARE you talking about? Go hit an Orc!
== FS casts strength on himself, boosting his attack by 10, and moves
towards the orks...
* Baine smirks.
* FlameStrike 's muscles grow like Hulk Hogan's :)
* Baine pops the muscles with a pin
== FS picks up a hellhound and throws it at the orks...
* FlameStrike takes up the HellHound's still flaming body, and ignoring the flames,
throws it at the band of Orks, knocking them down and scorching them
== The orks all fall under the Hellhound's weight, burning them all for 3
== Orks are at the Shining Force's mercy...
So you'll learn to taunt a DRAGON's friends.
* Baine snarls with a sudden cold fury
== Indigo can attack...
* Baine sneers and sheathes the powerful blade of AmeShi in the black scabbard she
wears on her back.
* Indigo summons Dao again, then says in a sad voice, "Do as you please Dao."
* Lara 's eyes narrow to mere slits as she concentrates on her nex attack.
I friend of mine, Lawrence, put it best... No prisoners.
I don't want to take prisoners.
* Indigo turns away so she doesn't have to see what happens and silently begins to cry
over the loss of life.
== Indigo summons Dao... Dao crushes one of the orks skulls...
== Erin can attack
I just knocked them down. Now they're yours to disembowel and dismember.
you ain't gotta ask me twice.
* Erin quickly fires an arrow at Orc 3 !!
== Erin attacks Ork 3...
== Ork 3 is punctured for 6 damage... Dispatched.
===== Lara and Baine attack simultaneously! =====
* Lara leaps high into the air, diving at the Ork, delivering a punishing downward
== Lara busts up Ork 4, while Baine casts Katon on Ork 4...
* Baine remains stoic as she gazes upon her enemy. She clasps her hands together,
bringing her two index fingers out in front of her and pointing at Ork 4 and she casts
the spell of ¤Katon. Black fire surges up from the ground under Ork 4 and scorches it
with the darkness of pure hatred.
Ork 6 is mine...
== The ork is dead... Of course...
== Monster call : Ork 5 only.
* Lara causes the Soulsword to disappear.
== FlameStrike can attack
* Baine snarls, her eyes flashing with cruel animalistic pleasure at the killing of the
* FlameStrike suddendly appears to move faster
* Lara gets the strong impression that Baine needs to learn how to relax.
* FlameStrike takes the Ork, throws him in the air and then begins slashing super-
fastly at him, hitting 25 times and reducing the ork to a bloody pulp
== FS casts haste on himself...
== The blows inflict 20 damage, overkilling the ork...
===== Victory! =====
Lara: 48, Baine: 48, FlameStrike: 25, Erin: 20, Indigo: 20
* Indigo turns, no longer hearing the sounds of combat. "I take it that this waste of
life is over then?"
* Vankarin stirs, after the battle is over...
Wha.. What happened?
Welcome back, old man.
* Indigo goes over to him, blinking away tears.
* Vankarin holds his head and squints...
* FlameStrike goes over to get yogurt
Darksol defeated you, and sent monsters after us, but we.....we.....we.....
* Vankarin looks around...
* Erin quickly drops back to the ground, stepping lightly back onto terra firma.
We kicked their asses! Dorah!
* Baine smirks
* Baine hides partly in the shadows
* Yogurt scuffles through the remains of the monsters, looking for items and/or gold...
It was a slaughter.
Darksol.. I can't believe it...
We lived. I'm sure DarkSol has much more powerful things he could have hit us
* FlameStrike lifts Yogurt up by the neck
"What did you find?"
But you are restored to us, so now everything is perfect again!
ACK! LEMME DOWN! I'm still looking, ya big lug! :P
* FlameStrike lets Yogurt down
* Vankarin shakes his head... I'm too weak..
* Baine sneers
What do we do now, old man?
* Two guards, whom were tending to the king walk over to Vankarin to help
I don't know how to summon the elemental of healing...
* FlameStrike looks around with Yogurt
I need to rest... The king should tell you what to do next...
* FlameStrike hears this, and gets back.
* Baine looks coolly at the king :P
* Vankarin is escorted by the two guards out of the throne room...
* Indigo turns to the king and curtsies formally and politely.
* Erin looks about the room....
Shining Force... What is left to do now, is to gather an army against Darksol to
try and defeat him....
I have done research about Darksol.
To the best of our ability, your Magesty.
* Indigo nods.
And i've come to two possible conclusions
I shall send you north to Galam... *hands a scroll to Lara* Give him this...
* Lara nods and pockets the scroll...
* Baine smirks
Nobody wants to hear?
Do not worry your majesty. We are the representatives of goodness, so we will
defeat all evil, as is our destiny.
Will we get paid for this, your majesty? *strains the last word*
I probably know it already, FlameStrike...
* Indigo smiles at the king, blinking away her last tears.
Darksol is either a Masochist, an IDIOT or he simply needs something each
time he comes back.
You shall, Baine... All in good time...
* Baine grins wolfishly. "Good."
Think of it. He could have sent Greater Daemons after us, and he sent two
puny hellhounds and some orks, and i could've taken them on alone.
Why would we need to be paid Baine? We are saving the world. Is that not pay
He is asserting your strengths and weaknesses...
No, its not.
Of course. He's using us for some purpose we're not aware of yet.
He knows he can't defeat you just yet...
The fact is: Either he is MASOCHIST, so he likes to be beaten each time
by the various Shining Forces.
Hmmmm....I wouldn't know. Mommy and Daddy have always paid for everything.
* Baine holds back an extremely cruel insult :P
He's Too damn STUPID for understanding we'll go and kick his ass.
If he wanted to kill us, I have no doubt that he could do it. Singlehandedly
even... but as it is, we're walking into a trap, and have no choice but to do it...
Are you done ranting yet, you big dragon?
Or he's not at the top of his power.
* A knight runs in the throne room and asks for an audience with the king...
* Baine looks at Erin. "I happen to like traps."
My opinion is: He's an IDIOT.
* Erin goes off into a long mumbling rant about various strategies....
But, we can't be used. Evil is supposed to fall back before us, to surrender
or face defeat. How could they, instead of the powers of goodness, use us?
* The king waves a hand to silence the Shining Force...
* FlameStrike goes and pokes Erin
Opinion is not knowledge or truth.
* Erin trails off again, lost in thought...
Hey, that one with the HellHound corpse was good, huh?
* The knight bows to the king, glances at the people and starts... There was
report of a giant fireball in the sky, heading towards Gallam, sir!
* Erin looks at FlameStrike. * It got the job done.
I'd love to see your knowledge and truth stand against two men with dagger who
have broken both your legs..
* Baine glances at the knight
I'd still have two to stand on...
* The King looks over to Lara... Shall you investigate this?
How interesting. Did you try to talk to it?
You'd still be crippled and half helpless.
Talk to it???
Do we have a choice? *smiles*
* Indigo nods.
* FlameStrike reprimes the sudden urge to bite Indigo's throath
That's also why I'm a tactician. I don't get into situations where I'd be
crippled and helpless. I think before I act.
* The king chuckles and looks at the Shining Force... Then it's decided... You shall
venture to Gallam to see what has happened!
Yes, it may have been sent by one of the powers of good, or it may be the
elemental of fire, here for some purpose or other.
How are we supposed to win Darksol? She would COURTESY to him instead of
Good fireballs... that'll be the day...
* Yogurt returns with the loot from the dead bodies... 450 GP and 1 unknown ring...
* Baine snaps at Erin. "And if you don't have time to think, my pretty little pegasus?"
She would think he's an ARCHANGEL!
(In a sweet voice) Yes, Your Majesty.
* Indigo curtsies to the King.
Split up, man.
There's always time to think...
* Baine sneers at Erin. "shows how much you know."
Yes. It does.
* The king dismisses the shining force...
* Erin nods and exits the throne room...
Hey! Yogurt! Split the money!
* FlameStrike exits while chasing Yogurt
* Baine follows
* Indigo turns to Flamestrike as they leave. "I hold all life as sacred. What is so
wrong with that? "
Yeah yeah, ya dumb dragon... :P
* Baine overhears Indigo. "Life isn't sacred."
* The Shining Force packs up gear and starts the journey north to Galam...
* FlameStrike lifts again Yogurt by the neck
* Indigo turns to Baine.
Why do you think that?
* FlameStrike takes the money and gets the ring. 90 GP to everyone, people!
* Indigo takes the money abstractedly.
* Baine looks coolly at Indigo. "Because its true. Life is a cruel joke played by the
* Yogurt grabs the ring... I shall identify it, thankyouverymuch!
I try to minimize the damage that the elementals do, to preserve life. But Dao
sometimes has a mind of his own, and mommy and daddy haven't taught me how to override
his judgement yet.
Ok, Yogurt, let's do peace. Come on my shoulder, boy.
* Indigo blinks at Baine's statement.
* Lara leads the party on a dirt road that leads towards Galam, humming a cheery tune,
while admiring the rich natural surroundings...
The gods of goodness and light do not play such cruel games.
* Yogurt climbs on FS's shoulder and starts analysing the ring...
* Erin mumbles... * The Gods are dead...
Indigo, if someone menaced to cut your throat and you could save your
life only by killing him, what would you do?
* Baine yanks her facial garb down and looks at Indigo, her pretty face twisted in cold
hatred. "Indigo...life is pain."
* Lara shakes her head and chuckles... Can't you people ever agree on something?
Nothing more, nothing less.
* Baine hauls it back up
* Indigo blinks, shaken by the hatred.
Never in the history of the world, has there been a group that bickers like this
Well, I would summon Dao, or one of the other elementals. They would handle it
You've never been in the world.
* Lara whistles her tune and continues to walk north, ignoring the bickering behind
And what if you extinguishd your magic reserves and could only kill him
with a knife?
No. Mommy and Daddy, a sorceress and sorcerer, raised me in their magical
tower all my life, training me to be a sorceress.
* Baine mumbles something very dark under her breath and draws AmeShi, gazing at the
I agree, Baine.
A knife? That is for cutting food.
* FlameStrike shows Indigo his claws
Besides which, mommmy cuts all the food.
* Baine blinks as if slapped. "A knife?! HA! Foolish.."
* Baine chuckles. :P
They're not meant to cut food. And i DO NOT use them to cut food.
* Baine sounds oddly warm when she chuckles :P
I use them to kill monsters, because otherwise they will kill ME!
* The Shining force can now see smoke coming from Galam... Nothing else
unusual can be spotted...
* Baine's chuckle fades off and she speeds up a bit.
Wait. Baine, life is not pain. I've known nothing but joy and happiness my
Bah, you're hopeless. * With these words, Flamestrike flies into the air
* Baine growls.
Now that's odd... We should be seeing smoke so far away from Gallam...
I wonder what happened here.
Life is pain when your parents get crushed by a minotaur and you get ra-
....forget it, child.
You know nothing.
* Baine looks towards Galam
I shall try to sense if any elementals or supernatural forces passed through
* FlameStrike looks from my vantage point in the air, but doesn't see anything.
* Lara smells something burning... Smells like burned flesh...
* Indigo begins to scan for elemental or other energy traces, being a trained
*No elemental powers can be sensed...
WAIT FOR ME PEOPLE!
* FlameStrike begins flying at full speed towards the castle
Hmmm....that's strange. I sense no elemental energy in the area.
* Lara feels the presence of an evil spirit in the area...
Crazy dragon... gonna get himself killed rushing headlong like that...
* Indigo opens her eyes.
* The Gallam walls are still out of sight... Nothing of Gallam is seen from
this vantage point...
* FlameStrike returns back
* A pile of burning rags are spotted... The rags are a human's clothes...
Well, I suppose that something else happened then. But, if it was another
sorcer or sorceress I should be able to sense them. My senses are attuned to magic.
Nothing. Just smell of burnt flesh.
* Indigo goes over to the clothes.
* FlameStrike goes to look at the clothes
Well, these are someone's. We should try to find the owner and return them."
* A dead human body lies in the sizzling clothes...
Cretin! There's SOMEONE IN THEM!
* Indigo stares down.
Ugh... poor guy...
* Erin looks away...
* Indigo gasps, takes off a few paces, then throws up and begins crying.
* FlameStrike tries to comfort Indigo
* Yogurt stares at the pile of burning flesh...
* Baine smirks
Yogurt, don't do what i'm thinking...
Uh... Someone put that out..? It kinda smells horrible...