Shining Force RPG session 20
===== SESSION START =====
The Shining Force heads towards the tower of Granseal inside the Caravan,
not knowing what awaits them there... the whole area surrounding it seem to be frozen
in time... As if it's the only similar point between the two worlds...
* Crest has fallen asleep inside the caravan
* Kodah continues reading
* Erin makes notes in a journal... *
* Baine has stopped leaning on Chamolo and is talking idly under her breath to herself
* Chamolo tries to listen in =D
* Crest begins to snore lightly
* Indigo is thinking, her head on Crest's shoulder.
*mumble* shower... *mumble* bed...
Shower? Bed? Didn't we just have that back at Creeds?
* Chamolo shakes his head.
* Baine blinks
Uhm....yeah...heh heh heh.. ^_^;
* Lara is at the controls, BlackHawk at her side...
* Baine coughs and blushes lightly
* Kodah flips back a few pages 'cause he forgot part of the last section
* Baine drums her fingers on the seat..
What page are you on now, Kodah?
*muttering* I wonder why Mitula spoke to me and not the others.
* Kodah flips to the back of the book, "230"
The tower seems to be oddly deformed...
That's not bad. ^_^
* Baine sings softly to herself.. o/~ Listen as the wind blows.....from across the
great divide....voices trapped in yearning...memories trapped in time.. o/~
* Indigo looks up at the tower.
* Kodah squints a bit, trying make sense of some of the larger words
* Indigo blinks and looks over at him, then sits up.
Its okay, I didn't mind
Oh, I was thinking. Everything in this world seems to be a warped reflection
of our reality. I was also pondering why Mitula spoke to me.
o/~ Through this world I've stumbled...so many times betrayed.. o/~
o/~ My body aches to breathe your breath....your words keep me alive.. o/~
* Baine snaps out of the song :P
* Chamolo looks at the tower..."Eerie"
* Kodah realizes that trying to read while in a moving vehicle gives him a headache,
and gives up
Well, the gods have their ways, besides, you did say you have some sort of
mental link with her right?
* Indigo nods thoughtfully.
* Baine mutters and buries her face in her hands. -_-
She helped me work through a good part of my.......instability.
* Kodah looks glumly out the window, rubbing his temples
* Baine blinks at Kodah and touches his temple. "You okay?"
* Indigo looks at the tower.
Just a headache, that's all
I think he has a headache....
* Chamolo chants a healing spell, and Kodah's headache goes away.
Fires, screaming and large squirmishes are ahead... It seems that two
opposing teams are fighting for access to the tower...
* Baine blinks
I have never been sane. I still have problems with mental stability.
...Don't thank me too soon...we've got company
* Darton looks out the window "Fun..."
* Indigo looks at the fighting.
* Chamolo's face pales.
All those innocents...
Well, everything should turn out alright in the end, I'm sure of it.
* Baine raises an eyebrow at Chamolo..
On each side of the fighting, the leaders of opposing sides can be
Of course. In our reality, the political situation is stable, so in this
warped reflection, it would be unstable.
We make the guilty pay..for the innocents.
* Chamolo nods at Baine.
* Kodah looks at the carnage
* Crest looks out toward the oppossing parties "Can we avoid them?"
* Baine has a shadowed look..
This is not our fight.
On one side, Kodah... On the other, Chamolo...
Hey, who're the two leaders of the groups?
We're the Shining Force, therefore, the answer is no.
Or should we intervene?
Kodah? O_o Chamolo?
Kodah! Look! It's us!
* Baine gapes..
* Indigo blinks.
...I can't tell, am I wearing armor? I never wear armor!
Our mirror images! Kodah and Chamolo are nice in our reality, so they would be
vicious in this one.
* Darton grins
The two of them glare at eachother through the fighting...
* Crest looks back at the two and their alternates "Hmmmm, they don't look as nice as
This has to be my mirror image...
* Baine stares at the other Chamolo. O_o
* Kodah blinks some more
* Chamolo looks at Baine
But, if Kodah and Chamolo meet their opposites, they should cancel each other
* Baine 's eyes are fogged a bit.. ^_^;
. o O ( I can't believe it. She's fallen for my mirror opposite..I am so
The other Kodah takes a step forward, as does Chamolo... They suddenly
charge at eachother, slashing their way through!
* Darton enjoys watching the carnage
Um....this could be bad ^^;
Go Chammy! Go Chammy!
That looked like it hurt o_o
Well, there is a magical law which states that in a situation like this, if
one meets one's alternate, both cancel each other out.
Uh? Erh... yeah. ^_^;
I'm not cancelling anything o_O
The two collide in a grand surge of power which freezes everyone and
everything in its place... Even the Caravan!
But this is an alternate universe...maybe WE are the opposites..
Magic... damned nuisance it is... :/
* Kodah freezes
* Chamolo is frozen
* Crest can't move
* Baine is frozen :P
* Darton is paralyzed and annoyed
* Indigo is frozen.
The two seethe in dark gray colors, their auras causing the paralysis... The
two continue fighting, everyone around them spectators to this dance...
. o O(Just peachy keen here)
* Baine stares.
If one kills the other...is there a chance we could die?
A moment frozen in time....
What are they trying to accomplish?
I want to move, dammit!
Like, if Kodah killed me, would I die?
I can't feel....my... legs
er...my opposite...I meant.
He'd better not!!
Or, my whole body....
I'm not going to kill Chammy!! O_O
There's not a damn thing we can do...
Kodah slashes low... Chamolo throws his staff down to block the attack and
pulls his staff up to try and disarm Kodah!
It....is possible. Nothing in my research indicates that it cannot happen.
* Baine stares at the battle.....mostly at Chamolo.. :P
* Chamolo sighs. Maybe we should draw their attention away from the battle at hand.
* Indigo looks on.
Don't be stupid. They're different people. They only look alike. What happens
to one is not going to affect the other. :P
Maybe we should interrupt..
I'll do it. ^_^
Kodah, with great skill, jumps back and returns to an offensive position,
slashing madly at Chamolo...
Why can't I do stuff like that? o_O
But what about my opposite? Or Baine's and the others, maybe they're already
Yeah...maybe my opposite is dead. -_-
I don't know. I wish I could use my staff that well.
If they were dead, then we, their alternates, would not be here....I think.
Chamolo casts a spell... A dark beam of energy slams on Kodah and plows him
across a mile's distance!
......I think I'm dead O_O
* Darton tries to shrug, and fails because of his paralysis "Does it matter? We're not
going to be here long..."
* Baine whistles...
* Crest is looks amazed
That is impressive..
How'd you do that Chammy?
* Baine's voice is low and throaty. ^_^
Chamolo, looking smug, does not see the character coming in from behind
O_o Look out!
Chamolo, your opposite is....quite deadly. Oh dear.
* Chamolo can't look!
Chamolo turns around, only to see his killer's face as the sword plunges
through his chest...
* Crest glances back at the Cham from his world.
I had to look...
Cham, are you all right?
I...I think so.
* Baine gapes.
Do you feel, ummm, dead?
I wouldn't know. I never died.
* Darton watches mostly unemotionally, waiting for the paralysis to drop
The face becomes apparent to everyone... A likeness of Darksol was the
* Kodah continues to look out the window, "Poor Chammy....."
* Kodah begins to sputter
* Baine narrows her eyes
Hey! He looks like that guy back at Creed's place
Darksol? Well, I guess some things do not change, no matter the reality.
Unless he's the one that invaded this reality..
Everyone on the battlefield stops and stares at Darksol... The Caravan
resumes its course, driving towards the scene...
* Crest moves his joints the feeling slowly returning to them
* Baine draws AmeShi, the black flames flickering madly..
Because wouldn't Darksoul be an angel?
* Baine growls..
* Chamolo can move!
Angel or not. He is dead.
* Chamolo falls over. ^_^
* Indigo prepares her sorcery, just in case.
* Kodah wheels away from the window, looking shocked
* Indigo frowns, moving.
* Chamolo pulls out his staff and rubs his now sore nose.
Maybe this Darksol is a good guy, after all, he did kill Cham's opposite, who
* Darton stretches and decides to stay in the Caravan, since the bloodletting is over
I just had a thought.
The Caravan arrives next to the now Inexistant fighting and freezes to a
* Baine softens a bit and rubs Cham's nose too.
* Indigo looks to Crest.
You took the words from my mouth.
I don't like this place o_o
* Crest glances at Indigo "Ummm sorry about that"
* Crest steps off the caravan
* Chamolo hops up. "We'd better go!
* Darton sighs and goes to the door, getting off.
* Chamolo hops down!
* Crest looks about the area
* Baine follows Chamolo..
* Kodah exits the caravan, looking nervous
* Baine heads for the fallen Chamolo..
* Indigo gets out of the caravan.
* Darksol's opposite stands there, thousands of soldiers gaping at him...
* Chamolo stays behind. "IF they think the warlord Chamolo is dead...maybe it's best to
Heeeeeeeere Darksol Darksol Darksol..
* Crest stays wary around the area and looks at Darksol
* Darton heads for the tower
* Indigo looks at Darksol.
* Kodah sees Darksol and hides behind the caravan
Hey Kodah. You're hiding too? ^_^
Umm, no offence, but could someone restrain her? *Points to Baine*
Oh you betcha
If we went out there...the soldiers would kill us.
The troops drop their weapons, some crying tears of joy, others simply
astonished by what happened...
* Chamolo high fives Kodah. ^_^
* Indigo prepares to summon Atlas to restrain Baine with wind.
* Kodah returns the gesture, somewhat clumsily
* Crest slightly waves to Darksol "Um, hi!"
* Chamolo watches the events from behidn the Caravan.
* Darton enters the tower
* Baine continues to walk towards the fallen body of Chamolo..
...see that, Kodah? Baine likes the fake more than the real thing...
The tower has an energy field around it, stopping anyone from entering...
* Darton snarls
* Erin is confused by this scenario... *
* Crest approaches Darksol, carefuly "Hail!"
* Darton kicks the energy field, frying his foot and then waits for someone who can
* Darksol looks at Crest... "Do I know you?"
* Baine reaches the dead body after pushing some happy troopers out of the way.. :P
* Baine kneels by it..
Ummm, no, not really
* Baine takes a pulse, just to be sure.
stupid damned force field....
* Kodah continues to hide
Nice fight there by the way
* Chamolo sighs.
The people start gathering things, uncertain what to do... Simply too
distraught by the whole situation...
* Indigo looks at the people.
* Darksol nods and turns to the warriors...
Excuse me. Do you know this person?
Definately one dead dude.. :P
* Indigo gestures to Darksol.
So, can you give us some info on what's going on here?
* Baine stands and runs a hand through her hair.
* Darksol raises his voice to address the whole crowd, "People of Grans island!"
He's loud o_O
* Baine raises an eyebrow.
* Chamolo blinks
For years, we have been at war with eachother! The war kept raging on with no
end in sight!
Well, Grans Tower is on Grans Island.....
What's he trying to do Chammy?
I have no cllue..
Today, the battle for Grans Island came to its end! The warlords are dead! We
are once again FREE!
Massive cheering breaks out from the crowd!
Okay...so...this is a good thing..?
He is viewed as a liberator of his people.....
* Darton simply waits by the tower, sitting and holding his burned foot
* Darksol looks as if he is going to speak once more...
You know Chammy, I really hate it here
You know, I have been thinking, if the Darksol in our world is pretty powerful,
the opposite must be here....
I do too. We're dead here..and evil.
The crowd silences themselves...
* Chamolo listens.
* Baine stands tall, not too far from Darksol.
* Baine narrows her eyes..
* Baine draws her sword..
I wonder where the others opposites are?
As the prophecies have told, once freedom would be restored on Grans Island,
the tower would be unsealed and would restore our land to us... Today... Is that day!
* Crest looks at Baine and dashes over to her "Don't"
* Darksol turns to the tower and looks at the energy field...
* Chamolo blinks...
* Baine glares at Crest.
The energy field does not fluctuate...
* Indigo looks at the tower.
* Darton kicks the energy field again with his burned foot
* Darksol blinks, uncertain of what to do next...
What's the hold-up? We can't get in there if the field doesn't go down
The crowd starts to worry...
* Chamolo just watches.
Mitula did say that we had to get in the tower or some such.
What about my sword? Maybe it'll help...
Apparently he's not that powerful.
How would it help?
* Lara summons her soul sword...
* Crest walks besides Indigo and glances up at the tower "Hmmmm, maybe the mirror Kodah
isn't dead yet....."
The gems... They might be the key to this...
* Indigo looks at the sword, beginning to gather her powers to aid Lara's attempt.
Well, use them then
* Lara holds up her sword and concentrates...
After that shot Chammy gave me? I have to be dead o_O
* Darton limps a bit away from the field
* Baine saunters back to Cham and Kodah..
Um....the other me.....not me as such ^^;;
Maybe you had on padded armor...
The crowd silences themselves, gaping at Lara and the sword...
* Chamolo shoos her away. "Poeple might see us! :/"
And they'll think we're the warlords!
What? They're too busy gaping at Lara.
* Kodah hauls Baine out of sight back inot the caravan
One person could see us and start a panic.
* Indigo flings her silver-blue energy into the gems.
Just be careful
* Baine is hauled...
* Chamolo smiles.
The energy buildup in the sword sets it aglow, unleashing massive energy...
* Crest just stands and watches....
* Baine shrugs. "Fireworks, probably.."
The burst makes some gasp in astonishment, others murmur...
Yadda yadda yadda..
Yadda yadda yadda?
"Chaos breaker.." "Chaos Breaker? Could it be?" "Yes.. It must be!"
* Chamolo blinks....
* Baine tilts her face to the ugly sky and mutters about lack of pretty birds...
This is getting too odd for me..
* Indigo continues to pour energy into the sword.
* Darksol stares at Lara and the sword...
I just want to go home o_o;;
The sword sends a beam of light to hit the tower...
Me too -_-
I dunno...this is kinda cool..
Not for me. I'm a warlord.
It suddenly stops to waver, the force field dissipating on contact.
Being a warlord ain't that bad....
* Indigo stops the beam of her power.
* Crest heads over to the tower
* Darton gets up and limps inside the tower
But...even if the field goes down...how are we going to get in without someone
Okay...now how are we going to get past the crowd...?
* Indigo blinks, emitting a silver-blue glow for a moment and throwing out arcs of
Cheering leaps from the crowd!
* Chamolo looks in a corner, and laughs
* Chamolo pulls out a two person horse costume!
Those silly past Shining Forces. ^_^
You're not serious o_O
This might work
It's either this or death.
* Crest stops just before the crowd and looks back and Chamolo and Kodah "Hmmm how are
we gonna get them in?"
* Baine falls over laughing!!
* Chamolo shows Crest the horse costume. ^_^
You can hide in my pants, Chamolo.. ;)
* Chamolo blushes..
Cham, good idea
* Kodah oogles at the horse costume O_o o_O O_o o_O
* Baine snickers. ^_^
Kodah, umm heheh, get in
This'll never work!
* Chamolo is the head part. ^_^
Just, bear with it until we get back to the otherside
Maybe Darksol can ride the horse in.
* Kodah takes the rear half, since that's all thats left
Maybe NOT :P
I think not
* Indigo is not looking sane.
* Chamolo tries to walk in the horse costume...
I'll ride the horse in. ^_^
Indigo? Are you alright?
* Darton waits inside the tower