Shining Force RPG session 3
===== SESSION START =====
The Shining force, having defeated the
fire Gizmo, now stand face to face with the king
of Galam and a small regiment of survivors...
* Indigo curtsies to the king.
* Lara places her left hand to the inside of her
right fist. "Sword of my soul,"she exclaims,"APPEAR
!" Lara then pulls her hand from her fist as the
mystic blade appears in her right hand.
Who are you people..?
Hello your Majesty. I am Indigo Mysteria, a
Lara Mano, Demon Hunter extraordinaire.
Erin Gallant, Chief Strategist of the
Shining Force, your Magesty.
Your friend, the King of Granseal, sent us
here to investigate the big fireball.
* Baine looks coldly at the king..
You don't need to know who I am.
Shining force..? You mean it's already
Yes... it's begun anew...
Oh yes. We met DarkSol too.
You've met Darksol?! He was reborn?!
that he was.
Yep, and we cleared out a cave of monsters,
and saved the King of Granseal.
Yes. But he was no match for us.
He still lives... he's planning something...
* Indigo frowns and then spins happily, tapping her
Then you really are the shining
that we are...
I sent a messenger to Granseal to
ask for an alliance...
I just realized something! Now I know how
to summon Neptune, the Elemental of Water!
I gather you received it?
* Indigo stops spinning.
No. We found the messenger, and I had Dao,
the Elemental of Earth, bury him.
He was slain en route. We found his body
May God save us all..
* Baine rolls her eyes
Shut up and get on with it
Oh, the gods of good send their blessings.
* The king strains on the word, God...
* Indigo smiles at the king.
* Erin mumbles... * You can hope...
* The king shakes his head... Could you
escort me to Granseal? We have no more shelter...
The castle is in ruins...
I don't see why not.
* Lara causes the soulsword to disappear.
If only I knew how to summon the elemental
of fire. Between the elemental of fire and the
elemental of earth, we could restore your kingdom
in no time!
Thank you, kind souls... You shall
be rewarded for your bravery...
Even elementals couldn't restore
this place, I fear...
* Baine's eyes are cold
thank us after we get you to Granseal...
Why would we need a reward? We are doing
what is good and right.
Who cares, Baine... there are bigger things
at stake now...
* The king looks at Baine... Whatever is
needed, young one...
* Baine growls.
Shut up, you four legged twit.
* Baine looks at the King.
How about you not calling me young one?
Baine, we have a job to do.
Oh, please don't mind her. She's always so
* Baine glances at Lara
Majesty, if you'll stay close, we'll get you
* Indigo smiles.
* The king nods to what little soldiers
are left... They go about collecting things for
Don't worry, your Majesty. Everything will
be fine now.
* The king looks at Indigo and gives her a
smile... I'm sure it will...
* Indigo pulls out one of her spellbooks.
Do you want to read it, your Majesty?
===== Cut Scene =====
During this time, Darksol, back in his
lair, awaits word of one of his greater demons...
A man, wearing a black armor, walks in...
Sir... The Shining Force has
arrived in Galam... They've dispatched the Fire
Good, Good... Everything is
going according to plan...
* Dorak raises an eyebrow at Darksol...
Don't you get it, you groveling
twit? I WANTED them to kill the Fire Gizmo!
Assert their strength! Now I
need you to make sure they find the shrine... You
must NOT fail...
* Dorak nods, bows to Darksol and leaves
===== End cut scene =====
The Shining Force are now ready to leave
Galam, with the survivors...
OK...let's head out..
* Baine smiles coldly....more coldly than usual.
Majesty, stay close.
Yesss....stay very close.
* The King assembles the people behind
the shining force and then moves more to the
* Indigo is showing the King her spellbook.
all right...to Granseal.
I suggest we pass through the
mountains to get to Granseal more quickly... And
there might be some of Darksol's men waiting for
us on the road...
You see, Your Majesty? Magic is really
easy. Anyone can learn it. I could teach you to
summon elementals if you want.
* The King looks at the spell book, not
* Lara heads out, taking the road through the
The walk through the mountains is not an
easy one... No road is built in the stone...
That's what I do best.
Many of the town folks complain of the
Oh, shut UP!
Just walk you twits!
* Lara slices through the brush with her soulsword.
* The villagers grumble and do not dare
madden Baine any further...
this road is probably the worst I've ever
They are good people, Baine... They
lost their homes and are having a hard time
getting used to that fact... Try and understand
* Baine seemingly softens..
* Baine looks down and keeps walking
* The King nods greatfully to Baine and
looks at the road up ahead...
* Erin is in the air... * And it doesn't look like
the road'll be getting any easier for you any time
* Lara keeps slicing through the brush. Clearing a
path is getting to be an impossibility.
The path starts to Narrow up the front...
* Lara keeps walking and slashing. "I've got to
sharpen this blade later."
* Baine looks up, eyes gone back to being cold
Hey, Baine. How about a hand up here?
* Baine unsheathes AmeShi
* Baine cuts through the brush easily
* Lara just keeps slicing.
Suddenly, a rumbling can be
heard coming from the top of the mountain...
* The King looks up and his
eyes widen in terror!
Huge boulders are rolling down
the side of the mountain.
If we don't move back,
we'll be squashed!
* The King sends the men back,
to avoid getting crushed by the boulders...
Fall back, folks.
* Indigo blinks.
* Erin flies a bit higher, worried about her
land-bround friends below. * Run!
* Lara runs back through the pass.
* Indigo summons Dao to cause the boulders to move
The people run back, trying to avoid
being crushed by the boulders...
Good thing we cleared a path.
Dao's summons goes unanswered...
* Indigo frowns.
INDIGO! COME ON!
Dao, Elemental of the Earth, I command you
* Baine ponders letting herself get crushed.
* Indigo blinks, then moves along.
ERIN! GET INDIGO!
* Erin swoops down and grabs the girl, flying back
through the pass and dropping her on the ground.
* Baine shrugs and goes to Lara
* Yogurt runs from the boulders...
The boulders crash down behind the
Oh my... That was close...
too close...*huff* I'm almost out of breath.
* Baine shrugs.
Sorry about that. Dao can be stubborn. Next
time I'll try summoning Neptune.
The road ahead is completely blocked
* Erin launches back into the air. * Faster next
time Indigo, okay?
Hmmm? Oh, okay.
now we have to take the main road.
I think I can move the impediment.
* Baine twirls AmeShi and then quickly sheathes it
* The King points to a small cave on the
side of the mountain...
* Lara causes the soulsword to disappear.
let's check it out.
If I remember correctly, this
brings to a side road...
I may be able to cause Neptune to flood the
road and wash away the rocks.
Baine and I have the point. Erin, you and
Indigo take up the rear.
* Baine nods.
* Lara walks into the cave.
* Erin drops to the ground... * Caves... I hate
* The king and the villagers follow...
* Indigo looks confused.
Okay. Why all these techincal terms though?
Point and stuff.
* Baine follows Lara, watching for anything strange
The damp cave has a high ceeling, with
bats sleeping up ahead...
* Lara keeps her senses honed...
* Indigo skips along cheerfully, whistling a happy
* Indigo blinks.
* Lara whispers "Hush, Indigo. We don't want to wake
those bats up"
How can you be so reckless?
* The king motions for silence... Don't
wake the bats...
You're gonna get us all killed!
They're just bats though.
The villagers look up, scared of the
Don't be afraid. Bats are rather harmless.
Those vampire legends are merely myth.
* Baine growls..
Yeah, until you piss off a thousand of the
things... then you'd be sorry.
Well, they can't see in bright light. They
use sound to see things.
The soil starts to elevate and the
passage moves sharply to the left...
* Baine narrows her eyes
* Lara looks around..
I know they use sound, it can also set them
off, you your whistling and lollygagging doesn't
* Indigo blinks.
Oh....well, if you say so....
The road comes to a fork...
Hmm... 3 ways to go...
We stick together.
* Indigo blinks.
Yes, but which path do we take?
North, east or west?
We could try travelling all three in
groups. If one of us finds something, we could
come back and tell the others.
Why don't I scout ahead?
No....there's safety in numbers. We stay
We transport the King of Galam, his
maintained security is imperative.
* Indigo goes back to her spellbook.
Just do eeny-meeny-miney-moe or something,
and start on our way again...
Let me see.....what was that spell for a
meteor shower again.....Grandpa could do that so
Hmm... I think the northern path is
the one which leads to the exit... Let's try
* Baine snickers..
* Lara walks down the northern path.
The Shining Force continues north...
* Indigo has her nose in her spellbook.
* Baine sighs
The road starts to narrow as they
continue on... And light can be seen at the end
of the tunnel!
Well, we're here.
well...let's get going.
Now that the bats are no concern, if they
As the Shining Force exits the cave, a
large stone shrine, with its doors bolted shut
stand in front of them...
* Indigo begins humming happily.
Oh! Perhaps a shrine to the gods of
On further inspection, the stone markings are identified by Yogurt as
symbols of the Goddess Mitula... The lost temple of Mitula...
==== Session end! =====