Shining Force RPG session 4
===== SESSION START =====
The Shining Force RPG now stands in front of the grand shrine which once
housed worshippers of Mitula...
I thought Mitula's shrines were all destroyed...
Obviously you were wrong, my friend
I thought so too. Stay close folks...let's check this thing out.
Oh! One of those people mommy talks to.
Mitula was a Goddess back in the days of Zeon's revival...
She was killed during the resealing of Zeon, by using her energy to recharge
the gem of Mitula..
* Lara turns to the King of Galam. "Majesty, stay close to us. We'll make sure you get
to Granseal..but first, we need to check out this place."
I have a bad feeling about this...
Her shrines were destroyed afterwards, since they seemed useless...
It is an old temple, nothing to fear.
* The king nods at Lara...
* Indigo skips along happily, humming a tune.
so do I, what with Darksol still kickin.
* Yogurt moves towards the giant double doors which seal the shrine...
If Mitula is dead, then her shrines may have been desecrated
* Lara walks over to the double doors.
* FlameStrike goes with Yogurt
* Yogurt glides his paw on the door...
Oh, I do hope that this place is okay.
Well, it seems to have been sealed for a long time...
* Yogurt looks up...
Let's look in then
* Yogurt points to carved stone on the entrance...
Well I mean, Miss Mitula would be awfully upset if this place is disturbed.
What's that stone, Yogurt?
maybe the stone on my sword will open it up.
It seems to be carved crevice for a sword...
Indigo, Miss Mitula is DEAD :)
* Lara places her left hand to the inside of her right fist. "Sword of my soul,"she
exclaims,"APPEAR!" Lara then pulls her hand from her fist as the mystic blade appears
in her right hand.
Not my business then...
Mitula is long gone... the age of the Gods ended a long time ago...
Wait, Lara... I wanna read this...
* FlameStrike makes space for Lara
Really? Hmmm....I could've sworn that I heard mommy talking to her.
* Baine looks coldly at the group and at the little chipmunk.
* Yogurt tries to read the symbols on the door...
* Lara compares the crevice to the shape of her soulsword while Yogurt reads.
It did? Wow. Then....who is that mommy talks to?
Uh... Can someone lift me up to the crevice..? I hate being short... :p
* Indigo starts rattling off some of the names of the gods and goodesses.
* FlameStrike lifts Yogurt up
Maybe your mommy was in need of psycological help...
I agree Erin *smile*
In need of....what's that?
* Yogurt examines the shrine door...
* Baine mutters something about slack-jawed idiots
From what I can decrypt, it speaks of the gems and the chaos breaker...
It's a science... sorta like magic... it's would make your mom stop hearing
I never heard of...science, before.
* Indigo goes over to the stone.
It says that the chaos breaker, during the sealing of Zeon, was destroyed...
well..I'm going to try my soulsword in the crevice...
Chaos Breaker... it's the Sword that the first Shining Force used to beat
up Dark Dragon, right?
Maybe I can help decrypt it. I know ancient languages.
Well, that's cause you live under a rock... but I'm not holding that against
Or was it the second with Zeon... or both?
* Baine smirks
The Chaos breaker was used to seal Zeon... I do not recall its name for Dark
So, what do we do, little furry raT?
It was just the Light Sword, or something to that effect, I believe...
The old language is hard to translate.
* Indigo peers at it.
It's not that hard Erin.
I don't know, Baine... And as for the sword of light, I only remember that the
sword of light and darkness were used to create the ancient Chaos breaker...
No, Erin... there were the Light Sword and Kane's Dark Sword, that fused
into a single sword
I beg to differ. But then again, your mother hears voices in her head...
It looks like a very ancient dialect of the runes in my spellbook.
so, we're gonna just stand here?
not if I have anything to say of it, Baine.
* Yogurt blinks as he sees both of the gems side by side, carved next to the crevice...
Lara... Try putting the sould sword in now...
With a little time I could decipher it.
* Baine smiles a little less frigidly at Lara.
* FlameStrike unfolds his wings
* Lara puts the soulsword in the crevice.
* Indigo jumps back, preparing her sorcery.
As Lara inserts the soulsword in the crevice, a blinding light shines forth
Ummmm....that's dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, you know.
* FlameStrike flaps them two or three times and then folds them back
* Lara shields her eyes.
* FlameStrike covers his eyes
The gem of darkness seperates from the soulSword and dissapears from view.
* Indigo covers her eyes.
* FlameStrike unfolds his wings and shields the others from the light
The light slowly dissipates, leaving the soulSword back in Lara's hand, and
the gates opened wide...
Well, thats great.
beats me, Indigo.
let's go in.
Maybe it was a trap...
Wow, I wonder what's in there.
Let's enter... We'll get our answers inside...
* Lara walks into the shrine.
Maybe I can read the runes and find out.
* The King seems uneasy...
* FlameStrike walks into the temple
what's the problem, Highness?
* The king shakes the fuzz out of his eyes... N-nothing...
Don't worry, your Magesty, I've never been one for enclosed places either...
can't fly very well in them...
* Indigo looks at the open temple, shrugs cheerfully, and skips in.
Well, Lara and I will take point.
Let me go first, please...
Indigo, You and Erin take up the rear.
OK...Flamestrike, you Baine and I have the point.
* Erin_ draws out an arrow and knocks it... *
* Baine nods.
Oh, okay. I guess...
* Indigo goes to the back.
* Yogurt looks in...
Careful, hairy rat.
The shrine's inside is dusty, yet the air is clean...
* Yogurt walks in slowly...
* FlameStrike looks around
* Baine keeps a hand on AmeShi..
* Lara follows Yogurt in..looking around at the inside of the shrine.
* Yogurt gasps at the grand view... I forgot how beautiful Mitula's shrines were...
* Indigo goes in, reading a spellbook absently.
Yeah... it's truly a pity that they destroyed the others
this place radiates of a holy air.
* Indigo looks up.
* Yogurt, as the Shining force walks around, tries to decrypt some of the ancient text
on the collumns...
Gee, maybe I shouldn't be here then, hm?
I feel something here....a holy power of some kind....
My worries were wrong... Good..
you're not the only one, Indigo.
* Yogurt notes that the shrine is getting dark... He spots unlit torches on the
* Baine smirks and her eyes seem to glow with cold fury. "Well....I do hope theres a
battle...blood is such a turn on."
FlameStrike... You should light them...
* Indigo eeps.
I know, Yogurt...
* Yogurt looks at Baine with a sickened face...
I'd swear I felt this before, when mom heard her....voices.
* FlameStrike lights the unlit torches with a lit one
* Baine just continues smirking, her eyes eerily cold.
* Lara tries to decypher some of the writings on a nearby column.
Probably prayers to Mitula...
The shrine's full bueaty is accentuated by the lights... Crystal statues
reflect light to all parts of the shrine...
* Erin_ looks around, staring intently into the darker recesses... *
I think they're warnings.
Crystal. Hm. That could fetch a nice price.
Baine! I won't let you deface the last of Mitula's shrine!
Don't worry, little furry rat....
I won't stoop that low.
* Yogurt growls... I'm not a rat, dammit... :P
This stuff should be in a museum...
* Indigo looks at one of the columns.
* Erin_ looks around a bit more... *
Yes....I think it's a warning, against those who would defile this place.
could this be the shrine that the second Shining Force visited during Zeon's
There are writings of the Shining Force's meeting with Mitula on this
* Yogurt shakes his head... That shrine was many miles to the north of here...
* FlameStrike points the column
* Lara looks at the column that FlameStrike points to.
Oh. Maybe we'll meet her here.
* Baine sighs
This was probably the last refuge of Mitula's worshippers...
So why are we HERE?
* Baine's eyes flicker in their coldness
Good question, Baine
Yeah... this isn't doing anything to advance our cause...
I know you say she's dead, but I am a trained sorceress, and my senses tell me
something holy is here.
And they left this for future generations...
I think Mitula is not really dead
You're also a naive sorceress, and know little of the real world...
No...I think not...
A faint light can be seen coming from an altar at the end of the room...
let's check out the altar over there.
* Indigo goes towards the light.
* Lara points.
* Lara walks over to the altar
According to what i know, a god CAN be killed... but it's an arduous
job... All his followers must be killed and all his temples must be destroyed or
* Baine mutters and follows Lara
Uh? What's that?
Standing on the altar, is the gem of darkness... Next to it, the gem of
* FlameStrike goes to the altar
Oh, they're pretty!
* Indigo reaches for them.
* FlameStrike examines the Gem of Mitula
* Erin_ bats her hand away! *
They might be trapped!
A light emmenates from the gems, repelling Indigo from the gems...
You said yourself there was a warning against defiling...
Yes, but we are of the light,
Traps don't discriminate.,
* Lara's soulsword starts to glow...
* FlameStrike checks for traps
So, Mitula is of the light, and she would have attuned the crystals to the light.
* Lara examines her sword and the gems.
I can't believe how naive you are! A trap is a trap!
Normal ones, but this would be magical, and I could deal with that, or the
I don't see traps
maybe.....Yogurt, do you think my sword's glow could have something to do with
You don't have to see them... they might be magically triggered...
Try touching the gems with your sword...
* Lara touches her sword to the Gems.
The gems starts to glow more brightly...
* Baine looks mildly bored
Erin, i said that i don't see traps. I didn't say there AREN'T traps :)
They become rays of light and fuse into the soulsword...
Just clarifying that matter...
* FlameStrike pats Erin's shoulder
Still, I've never been a huge fan of messing with holy relics...
When the three touch, a great ray of light shoots out in a circular pattern,
touching everyone and everything...
* Lara tries to keep calm.
* Baine unsheathes AmeShi O_o
* The king and the survivors start to yell!
What in heaven's sake....?
* Indigo smiles.
what in the name of Mitula?
It is the power of the light.
Not to worry.
* Indigo stands.
I was referring to the KING
When the shining force turns around, a ghoul and 10 zombies stand behind the
* Erin_ turns about and heads for the entrance. * Shit... something's happened...
===== COMBAT =====
* Erin_ spreads her wings and launches herself into the air, so gracefully, that one
would not suspect the deadly
advantage she holds in the skies... *
===== 1 ghoul, 10 zombies =====
Hmmmm....oh, you're the guardians. Hi, I'm Indigo Mysteria! We're not here to
defile the temple.
hey, Baine! How about a Katon on the goul?
Kinda cramped in here...
* FlameStrike flies in the air
* FlameStrike concentrates, and his muscles grow
* Lara grips the soulsword tightly as she looks to her target, the ghoul.
I'll take care of the ghoul! Look out, they could infect you with
That's the problem with undeads....most have very little reasoning capacity.
== erin attacks 1st!
* Erin_ unleashes a rain of deadly arrows upon Zombie 1 ! *
== Erin attacks Zombie 1...
== The zombie is only mildly affected... 5 points of damage...
well, that's exactly what I'm hitting, that ghoul.
They fear Magical Fire!
== Baine can attack.
Yes, and holy energy, as well as healing energy.
Healing energy? Hmmm... that gives me an idea...
* Baine remains stoic as she gazes upon her enemy. She clasps her hands together,
bringing her two index fingers out in front of her and pointing at Zombie1 and she
casts the spell of ¤Katon. Black fire surges up from the ground under Zombie 1 and
scorches it with the darkness of pure hatred.
== Baine Casts Katon on Zombie 1...
== The zombie burns to a crisp from the fire damage... 12 damage... Dispatched.
== FlameStrike can attack
* FlameStrike lands in the middle of the zombie mob
Powers of the ancient... i summon you...
== FlameStrike casts Aura on the zombies and the ghoul...
== The zombies struggle to get away from the healing spell, but to no
avail... 6 damage per zombie...
== The ghoul is unnafected
== Lara can attack
== Lara attacks the Ghoul...
* Lara leaps high into the air, delivering a punishing downward slash on the ghoul.
== Critical attack! The ghoul loses an arm! 20 damage!
== Indigo can attack
Well, I know you're just doing you're jobs, but....please forgive me for what
I must do...
Just fight, damn you..
* Indigo summons Neptune, elemental of the water, to wash the ghoul and zombies away.
I don't think they plan on doing that, Indigo.
== Indigo casts Neptune on the monsters...
== Neptune rains down heavy water on the monsters.... dealing 3 damage on
== Yogurt can attack
== Yogurt pulls out a ring and drops it!
== Yogurt fumbles for the ring, while the zombies attack...
Thoopid small hands... :P
Damnit, rat! Careful!
careful there, Yogurt.
== Zombie 10 attacks Baine, 2,3,4,5 attack Lara, 6,7,8,9 attack Indigo...
== The ghoul attacks FlameStrike...
this is gonna hurt
Remember i'm in THE MIDDLE :)
Only one? Ha!
yeah..but 4 are attacking me.
== Indigo receives 8 damage, Baine receives 2 damage, Lara receives 7
damage, FlameStrike receives 6 damage...
Wow.... a flesh wound!
* Baine snickers
* Indigo falls over on her face from the attack.
* Indigo is crying.
* Baine's eyes glow with incredible madness ^_-
Neptune, elemental of the water, I summon you....
* Baine prepares another Katon
== Erin can attack!
* Erin_ knocks an arrow, raising her bow, and drawing it back. With uncanny accuracy,
she unleashes an arrow at one of the really wounded Zombies !!*
== Erin attacks Zombie 2...
== Zombie 2 receives an arrow in the eye, killing him... 5 damage, dispatched.
* Lara prepares another slice on the ghoul.
* Indigo has cold eyes now, and a cruel smile.
== Baine can attack
* Baine just cannot find the strength and frowns at her own weakness...
* Baine unsheathes AmeShi
* Baine snarls and twirls AmeShi in her hand, the black flames on the blade growing
more and more angry. With a loud roar, she launches AmeShi at Zombie8 and AmeShi imbeds
itself in Zombie8's stomach. The black flames send agony through Zombie8's body.
* Baine walks over to the zombie and hauls the sword out
* Baine walks back to the group :P
== Baine attacks Zombie 8... Zombie 8 is... Shall I say... dead?
* Baine grins
== FlameStrike can attack
Nice shot, Baine.
* Baine nods
* Lara grips the soulsword tighter as she homes in on her target, one Ghoul.
Sono mama SHI-NE!
== FlameStrike casts strength and attacks ghoul 1...
== FlameStrike bashes at the ghoul, causing minimal damage... 4 damage...
== Lara can attack
== Lara attacks Ghoul 1...
* Lara rushes at the Ghoul, delivering a punishing lateral slash at the ghoul's neck.
== Ghoul 1 blocks most of the shot, but receives some damage... 6 damage...
this thing is tough.
== Indigo can attack
* Baine twirls AmeShi, her eyes dark with barely contained raw fury
It sure is... But i'm TOUGHER
* Indigo summons Neptune, elemental of the water.
Wash these irritating bastards away Neptune, I command it.
== Indigo casts Neptune...
== Neptune uses more force than usual to attack the creatures... The zombies
take 4 damage each... All dispatched.
Where am I?
* Baine looks at Indigo
===== 1 ghoul left =====
We'll talk later about this, Indigo...
== Yogurt can attack!
== Yogurt gets his ring back and uses it... No effect...
DOH! Wrong ring... *cries*
"Now there's this bastard to take care of", FS says while preparing to
deliver a slash at the ghoul's head
== Ghoul 1 can attack...
== Ghoul 1 attacks Lara...
* Indigo looks at Yogurt.
Come on, bastard!
Attack me if you dare!
* Lara tries to dodge.
* Baine lets out a low and feral growl
* FlameStrike slaps the ghoul
* Indigo prepares to summon Dao.
== The ghoul manages to hit Lara... 5 damage...