Shining Force RPG session 1
===== SESSION START =====
The bolt of lightning struck right outside the Inn,
shaking its very foundations... The Shining Force are about to
leave to investigate...
* Lara rushes out of the inn.
* Baine follows, pale
* Chamolo follows Lara. "Where did the thunder strike?"
* Indigo wakes up, rubs her eyes, and groggily heads outside to see
what interrupted her beauty sleep.
Probably on Jeyer..
* Baine mumbles..
I feel a dark presence.... maybe this is the night
that the lord of Dragons has chosen to have me join him... But if I
die, i will die protecting my friends...
let's find him.
* Vankarin follows, looking dazed.
* Lara looks for Jeyer.
* Baine murmurs and gets a cold look.
* Flamestrike jumps outta the window and lands with perfect grace
Many of the townspeople surround a patch of land that is
I think he's on the path to redemption, this is probaly
something else, maybe just a normal storm.
* Baine pushes them away
* Baine kneels by the land..
I don't think so, Indigo.
* Chamolo looks at the patch of blackened dirt...
* Lara looks at the smoking land.
* Baine growls lowly..
* Flamestrike looks too
something evil's around...I can feel it.
* Indigo looks at it.
All that is left on the charred earth, is Jeyer's
mask... Torn and burnt...
I agree...but what?
* Baine draws AmeShi.
* Baine faces the party..
That was Jeyer...I fear....
Darksol did this...
I'll talk to the elemental of the air...in the morning
* Baine growls.
Uhmmm.... i think Baine's pretty pissed...
looks like Darksol strikes again. This obviously has to be
I can understand why...*Shuts up*
* Vankarin walks over to Baine and puts a hand on her shoulder...
I'm sorry, Baine..
I think Baine's seriously pissed.
* Chamolo puts his hand on her other shoulder.
Don't worry. I'm sure destiny has a plan for him.
* Indigo yawns tiredly.
* Baine squeezes her eyes shut and drops AmeShi...
* Vankarin moves away slowly..
Well, I suppose we should do something.
* Chamolo follows Vankarin's lead...
let's leave her be for a while. I think she needs to be
* Chamolo looks concerened, though.
* Baine just stands there, eyes closed and fists clenching
* Indigo nods and moves away, swaying.
* Lara walks back to the room, concerned about Baine, but leaving
her to her mourning.
===== Cut scene! =====
Darksol, not too far away from the scene, is with troops
and seems to be looking frantically for something... Or someone...
Where did he go??? *growls*
* Darksol sends 2 pegasus knights up north...
He better run... Because I will kill him with my bare
two orks come back, running towards Darksol...
Darksol! We've picked up his trace... He's headed towards
* Darksol stares at the ork for a minute, not saying a word...
Then, commands his troops towards Roft!
===== End cut scene! =====
I think we should go night-night and worry about it *yawn*
in the morning.
I agree. We can all use a bit of a rest.
* Chamolo looks sad and stares out the window.
* Flamestrike nears Erin.
* Lara , with all that's happened, can't help but think of
I think that lightning was wrong or evil somehow.
* Erin looks up. *
It was, Indigo...
I could feel it too, Indigo.
what a mission....
Hmmmmmmm.....*yawn* Well, the elemental of the air has
much to answer to me for.
Let's try to rest, people... We have to head out early
Miss Indigo...I think Darksol was the one who did
this...not the Elemental of Air...
* Indigo blinks.
Don't mind her... she thinks magic is responsible for
yes...I could feel it too. His presence hearby.
Oh. I thought that *yawn* DarkSol commanded evil, not the
* Chamolo walks slowly back to his plush chair.
Erin: Remember I did contact the divine, so I'm not crazy.
you got a recording, Indigo.
What's a "recording" anyway?
There's a balance, yes... but you look at it so one-
Yes, I'd like to know that too.
beat me...but it sounded good at the time. :P
* Chamolo just listens to everyone prattle. ^_^
* Indigo sways.
Well, I'll try again tommorrow, this time with Mitula.
The Shining force suddenly hears a scream from outside
* Flamestrike flies outta the window
Not MORE problems..
* Erin races out the door. *
What the hell?
* Chamolo grabs his staff and flies outta the room in a mad dash.
Huh? Not twice in one night, I have to sleep...
* Lara rushes out again.
* Indigo twirls and follws the others.
no rest for the weary.
How are we to save the world without night-night?
you got me, Indigo...
Baine is standing next to a dead body, her hands all
* Flamestrike flies near the racing Erin
* Baine blinks at the blood on her hands..
Baine? What happened?
* Indigo peers at Baine.
Miss Baine...please don't tell me...
You did this?
Oh, is he sleeping?
* Flamestrike .oO Uhmmm... i think this means trouble...
* Indigo totters forward.
* Chamolo blinks at Indigo's complete stupidity.
* Flamestrike nears Baine
* Baine chews on her bottom lip and kneels by the body, not
appearing to have heard the others...
Did you do this?
such a waste..
Did you do this, Miss Baine?
* Baine wipes her hands on the clothes..
* Lara looks at the corpse.
Well, maybe it'll go away after night-night. *yawn*
* Baine smiles thinly up at the group
What happened, Baine?
So what did happen anyways?
Uhmm.... let's see... There's a dead body there.
You've your hands stained with blood. All omens are against you.
Now tell me, did you kill this man?
I heard the scream and came to see...he...the blood...tried
* Baine looks at her hands again
FlameStrike's right... It all points to you...
* Indigo nods.
* Baine sighs deeply.
this does not look good. :
* Chamolo blinks. "Did you Miss Baine...?"
If she says that he did NOT do this, i believe her.
Well, it'll take care of itself. Let's go to sleep and
I'll have Dao bury this person in the morning.
* Chamolo looks sad, almost a bit let down.
* Indigo shrugs dismissively.
Now there's the problem... WHO did this?
I'll believe her too, but look at all the evidence.
A crowd starts to build and moves towards the Shining
* Indigo looks up.
* Baine notices the crowd..
* Flamestrike examines the corpse to see the source of the blood.
Hello noble people of Yeel. Your heroes and heroines are
busy at present, please return later.
Wee...people coming to visit..
* Indigo waves tiredly.
Oh my god! Someone killed the elder's son!!
* Erin considers kicking Indigo... *
The Elder's son?
* Indigo blinks.
* Baine chews her bottom lip..
* Chamolo stares at Indigo. "Quiet."
The people rush over to the scene!
Please remain calm. We're presently trying to know
WHO did it.
Well, time to bury him I guess or whatever, time to summon
* Baine still has some blood on her hands..
Where is the Elder?
* Indigo begins to summons Dao to bury the body.
Summon anything Indigo and I'll feed you an arrow!
THAT NINJA WOMAN KILLED THE ELDER'S SON!
* Chamolo claps his hands in prayer for the departed soul.
Dao, Elemental of the Earth, return this man to your stony
* Baine flinches..
* Indigo slumps over.
Uhmmm... I don't think so
Where's this elder?
* Lara slowly shakes her head..."This doesn't look good at all."
Baine, please unsheath your AmeShi
The mob's getting wrestless...
* Erin is tired, and her patience is beginning to run out... *
* Baine looks by the body..
the elder suddenly walks through the crowd to his son...
* Chamolo stops praying, and realises the situation. "Oh drat..."
Wait. The wounds are DEFINITELY made by a Katana...
but not by AmeShi...
AmeShi is over by the body...uhm..
Well, okay Dao, bury the body. I would be elaborate but
I'm so very tired.
if it's made by a Katana but not AmeShi....then, who did it?
* Indigo gestures to the body.
I don't know... but SOMEONE will pay for this
* The elder kneels next to his dead son...
You will disperse the summons, Indigo. Now.
* Baine is pale and is starting to shake
Do not burry him here..
Too late, he's on the material plane and I don't know how
to send elementals back once they're here.
* The elder gets up and stares at the Shining Force...
Then please send him back, Miss Indigo. You can do that.
* Indigo is sounding half-sleep.
Simply tell him to buzz off
If you can summon gods, you can send him back.
I want your group out of here.. NOW..
* Chamolo rolls his eyes, though ^_^
We saved your people.
* Baine looks down..
I'll leave...you guys stay..
* Erin snaps. * Well next time think before you act! You don't bury
someone late at night in the middle of a bloody town.
* Indigo sways tiredly.
* Chamolo pulls Indigo along, muttering sadly.
No, Miss Baine. Let the elder grieve for his son. Let him
All of you... Out of Yeel THIS MINUTE!
I wouldn't, Dao would. He's the elemental of the earth
* Indigo turns to Dao.
The mob of people shout their approval!
Didn't I give you an order?
* Chamolo tugs Indigo along.
* Baine murmurs...
* Lara starts to walk out of town.
* Baine picks up AmeShi and gently sheathes it..
* Baine follows the group..
Dao dissapears back into the earth...
Fine... let's go... I'm tired and I don't feel like
fighting... they're innocent... it'll be better if we go...
* Indigo looks upset.
Hey! How DARE he disappear on me! I am the sorceress, you
have to do what I say Dao!
* Flamestrike begins to breath heavily.
* Chamolo sighs sadly.
* Indigo collapses back against Chamolo.
* Baine stays a bit beind the group, looking at the ground.
A group of men carry the body over to the morgue, with
the Elder at his side... The other villagers see to it that the
Shining force leaves the village...
Well, I'll talk to him about that later. Dao is so efficent
at burying things...
oh well...could be worse.
at least we don't have the Cypress army after us.
Shining force... stop... me...
* Chamolo let's go of Indigo...hoping she's calmed down.
I don't get it. Elementals don't turn on those who summon
them, and I summoned Dao. He is supposed to be mine to command...
* Baine hauls out the burnt remains of Jeyer's mask and fingers it
What is it, Strike?
* Flamestrike clutches his head with his talons
the Shining Force heads out of Yeel... They head towards
the closest city to them... Roft...
What is it, FlameStrike?
* Flamestrike yells
* Indigo leans against Chamolo.
* Chamolo blinks.
Stop me... i'm raging... again...
raging? This is a first for me..how do you calm a raging
* Indigo looks up.
I don't... know why... it's... happening now
Knock him out... *snickers*
* Lara places her left hand to the inside of her right fist. "Sword
of my soul,"she exclaims,"APPEAR!" Lara then pulls her hand from
her fist as the mystic blade appears in her right hand.
Your destiny is to control the beserker rage. You will
learn to harness it even as I learned to harness my sorcery.
Why is this happening to him?
* Lara baps FlameStrike with the hilt of the Soulsword.
The last thing I think we want to do is hit...
* Flamestrike hardly notices
Because it is his destiny. He must learn to channel it.
* Baine remains silent, not even noticing the group. :P
I'm open to suggestion here.
* Flamestrike 's veins are clearly visible on his skin.
* Chamolo still doesn't really know what's going on...
Oh, let me....
Does he do this often?
beats me. This is a first for me.
*Grrrrrroowlllllll* I... must... calm... down...
* Indigo summons Dao again to drop a big rock on FS's head to knock
Beyond me... Despite a lifetime with my nose in a book, I
still know so little...
* Flamestrike takes the rock in his hands before it falls on his
head and keeps it in them
* Indigo blinks.
* Flamestrike slowly, calmly drops it...
No no! Let's try this again!
* Indigo orders Dao to drop another rock on FS.
Now, stand still!
Breathe in, out...in...out....
give him another rock...maybe he'll start juggling them.
* Flamestrike takes it too... and then drops it with great pain...
* Flamestrike appears to calm down a bit
* Vankarin groans... Great... This is the Shining Force..
* Flamestrike is still shaking...
Okay, Dao, try again and FlameStrike, don't catch it this
* Baine runs a finger along the material of Jeyer's mask
* Chamolo looks really, really....really confused.
* Flamestrike dodges it this time
Indigo, will you get a clue. That is not gonna work/
* Erin paws at the ground... *
Indigo, shut up you idiotic skyte. Stop that.
* Flamestrike 's facial expression slowly changes back to normal...
Can we move along people????
*Hanf* *Hanf* Uhnnn...
No FlameStrike, stand still, or I'll have to summon
Neptune to hit you with her tidal wave.
I don't think it necessary, Indigo. Let's get moving.
Great... send him into a rage again, why don't you?
* Baine pulls her mask up and stuffs Jeyer's mask in her tunic.
* Chamolo considers knocking Indigo out, for her own health.
* Indigo blinks.
* Flamestrike blinks
* Lara starts walking again toward Roft.
* Indigo falls asleep on Chamolo's shoulder.
Why did THIS happen NOW?
Careful you don't become infected, Cham.
Maybe you're upset about Jeyer's death...
* Flamestrike starts walking too, apologizing about a hundred times
* Chamolo blinks at Baine.
* Baine flashes a small grin at Cham and motions to the ditz on his
* Erin replies all the while that she certainly didn't need
apologizing to. *
* Chamolo smiles a bit at Baine.
* Lara keeps count of how many times FS apologizes to Erin. "104
times...I think that's enough, Flamestrike."
* Indigo snores loudly.
* Chamolo blinks.
Can I kill her, pretty please?
* Chamolo just hefts her over his shoulder and let's her sleep ^_^
No, you can't Baine
* Baine grumbles.
* Vankarin sighs, ignores the Shining force and moves along with
Yogurt at his side...
* Indigo half-mumbles the spell to summon Neptune.
But let's not wake her up...shall we?
Yo, old dude and furry rat! Wait up.
Good plan... I've had too much of her for one day as it
You people are all crazy... :P
* Lara whispers to Erin. "I've had enough of her for a lifetime."
* Erin giggles. *
*mumble* Neptune, Elemental of the Water, *mumble mumble*
To Vankarin: Hey wise old gramps, whaddaya think
* Chamolo stuffs an old sock in Indigo's mouth.
* Baine chuckles
* Lara snickers a bit. "Thank you, Chamolo."
Socks... silly things... ^_^
Where did you get that? Or do I need to know?
Uhmmmm... That was pretty evil... but works well :)
* Chamolo shrugs. "Well...I had nothing else..."
* Indigo continues the chant around the sock.
I don't think I WANT to know.
I think you people should move along... Cuz from what my
instincts tell me, Darksol awaits us north...
What is so odd about socks?
* Baine eyes darken.
We are moving, Sir Vankarin.
* Indigo has a nightmare and starts kicking and thrasing.
* Chamolo gets kicked in...in..well guess.
* Baine growls softly. "Sure you don't want me to put her out of
We could just set her down and leave her to the wolves...
* Chamolo gets a pained look, but still hangs on to Indigo
* Flamestrike looks at Chamolo and SUFFERS
OOOOOooowwwwwww... that must HURT!
Cham, hand her to me.
* Lara watches Chamolo's eyes go crossed. "That had to hurt."
Y--yes it did (He sounds like he's 10! O_o)
You...uh...rest or something. ^_^;
That would not be kind
* Yogurt sits on FlameStrike's shoulder and looks around at the
crazy people :P
* Flamestrike tries to use his healing powers to fix Chamcham's...
uhmm, you know
* Chamolo mumbles someting about not kicking private areas.
Toss her over my back... I can carry her... if we want to
bring her along...
* Chamolo sounds rather breathless.
Do we? :P
Yes... We do... :P
put her on Erin's back. We may need her, as annoying as she
No, i can't allow it. I'll carry her myself
* Baine offers Cham a drink of water from her backpack.. :P
* Chamolo puts her on Erins back. "Thank you, Miss Erin...I mean
Leave her be, FS... in case she wakes up or soemthing...
Much better. :)
But you'll be tired... Besides, it's not right that a
sorceress is carried by a goddess :)
The Shining force now approach the ruins of Galam...
* Chamolo can't help to roll his eyes at FS ^_^
* Baine makes gagging noises :P
Goddess? Ach... Flattery... I hate it...
* Lara just rolls her eyes.
Uhmmm... jump on the back part of your feet... that
* Vankarin groans... Uhm... Let's get through this area quickly..
* Chamolo looks a little sorry for FS. "No score, my friend. ^_^"
No, the other dragon with the huge boner...
* Baine rolls her eyes
I'm not flattering you. I'm somply saying what i
* Chamolo blinks. ^_^
Cham, jump with the back part of your feet
I didn't mean that. I think I'm actually joking.
* Vankarin takes a path to try and evade entering Galam...
* Chamolo blinks.
* Lara follows Vankarin.
* Chamolo shakes his head and follows Lara.
* Baine hums a old tune, sounding oddly sorrowful for a tough ninja
like herself. :P
*mumble* No no daddy, I no wanna summon Dao, I wanna make
a big flood, like a worldwide flood, and water all the gardens in
the world at once....
* Lara kinda hums a slow song to herself.
* Flamestrike mutters something about criminal flooders and their
connections to Gransealan mafia...
* Chamolo kepts quiet, thinking to himself.
* Baine slings her arms around Cham and Lara. "So....did I ever
tell you guys that you can call me Kara?"
Its my first name, you know.
*mumble* I'll make mommy proud. I'll order the the King of
the Gods to rid the world of evil.
Baine is my last name.
I don't beleive you did, Miss...Kara.
* Baine grins, looking oddly happy. ^_-
* Indigo is paying half-attention.
* Baine grins some more and continues to walk with her arms slinged
around Cham and Lara. ^_^
* Chamolo smiles, picking up the pace. "When do you think we'll
The Shining force finally exits the vincinity of the
. o O(I just hope she's not this way when we get to
Guardiana. Those people have been rumored to read minds.)
Roft....hmm....hopefully soon.. I wouldn't mind some stew..
* Vankarin breathes a sigh of relief...
* Indigo rolls over, punching her pillow (the side of FS's head).
* Flamestrike hardly notices
*mumble* Hard pillow, make softy.
* Flamestrike wonders about flying into the air and dropping Indigo
* Indigo tries to fluff the "pillow".
* Flamestrike hardly notices the feeble attempts
From my calculations, we should get to Roft quite soon...
I'm sure we can even see the walls from this point...
Dao, Elemental of the Earth, fluff my pillow for me...
Wonderful. My feet are beginning to swell..
* Baine chuckles.
Not used to travelling?
* Vankarin pulls out his big, badass sword :P
* Indigo summons Dao without any purpose just to shake things up
(like city walls). ^_^
Wanna have a seat, Chamolo?
* Vankarin glides a whetstone over it while he walks...
* Flamestrike extends a arm to Chamolo