Shining Force RPG 2 session 11
===== SESSION START =====
The Shining Force walks through the choking desert sands... The heat batters
down on the poor souls, as they have been walking for what seems to be hours...
if it got any hotter, I think we'd all melt.
* Sasha looks all hot and sweaty again, no thanks to this desert.
I agree, Jess...
* Sasha looks at Tiernan
* Dal sighs and wipes his brow with his shirt...
I'm gonna dry up at this rate... ^^;
* Tiernan slowly trudges along, half his body weight on Sasha, half on his staff. Sweat
is dripping down his pale face, and sticking to his hair, which is sorta hanging
messily around his face.
How do you feel about all this heat?
* Tiernan thinks...
* Zoie walks along at a steady pace. and says nothing
* David trudges along, his eyes dark and thoughtful..
tell me about it.
You...know when you...were asking...me...if...I was thirsty...?...I think I
* Indigo walks next to her daughter and Tiernan.
* Kodah peels off his shirt as he walks, not enjoying this at all
Sasha. What are we doing in the desert again? I forgot.
* Reisha is trying not think of the heat, despite the matted appaearance of her blonde
hair and clothing. ^^
anyone have a bucket? I can conjure up some ice.
But...I'll keep walking...because you asked...me to.
* David 's shirt is soaked and his impressive muscles are visable through the wet
material but he hardly notices, obviously caught up in his thoughts..
which...isn't a bad idea...hold on, folks. I have an idea.
* Sasha looks at Indigo.
You're 34 years old!!
You shouldn't be losing your memory already!
* Tiernan blinks at Sasha's outburst O_o
* Darin looks at Jess.. "What do you have up your sleeves?"
A little lizard scuttles between Sasha's feet and runs quickly away...
* Reisha can't help but hold her glance a moment on David..
* Sasha sighs and looks about ready to collapse "Sorry, I'm just really really sweaty,
and tired, and edgy...
* Kodah tries to keep moving, knowing that if he stops moving, he might not be able to
* Zoie pulls her hood over her head a bit more to keep the heat off
Oh, well, I wasn't here. I was away on one of my trips and just returned to
find you trudging in the desert. I can't help it it seems.
* Jess begins chanting softly to herself.
* David keeps his gaze to the ground..
* Sasha sighs "It's okay, it's not your fault"
* Jess gestures to all her friends as ice cubes appear in front of everyone. "Take
these, you'll be able to cool down some."
* Dal closes his eyes and quietly keeps trudging along, trying not to imagine mirages
or anything of the sort.
* Kodah accepts the ice cube with a nod
* Indigo takes an ice cube, her rainbow-colored robe shimmering.
* Sasha undoes the pin in her hair and lets her silver hair fall behind her shoulders.
* Dal takes one, presses it to his forehead, and sighs as it promptly melts.
* David doesn't notice the ice cube and it falls to the sand :p
* Tiernan blinks and nearly drops the cube. "It's cold!" O_o
you OK, Tyr?
...Yes. I'm fine....
* Darin blinks.. "Jess, you're a Saint!" He takes a cube and sets on the back of his
neck, and it melts quickly.
* Tiernan looks at the melting ice cube with a bit of confusion ^_^;
It's supposed to be Tyr, it's supposed to cool you down.
* Jess grabs hers and slides it across her forehead. "Talk about welcome."
* Kodah applies the ice to his face, chest and arms, knowing it won;t last long
Thank Mitula for Ice magic...
But only my hand feels cooler...
* Sasha takes her ice cube and slides it down her....ummmm.....
* Indigo follows Jess's lead and notes something.
Rub it across your face Tiernan.
* Zoie sucks on the cube to get hte water out of it
Sasha, I never realized you have silver hair.
* David just keeps walking, seemingly off in his own world..
* Tiernan does so, the ice cube quickly melting.
Hey, Darin, how did we get in this mess?
* Jess smiles...
I have no idea...
let's just hope we don't run into any monsters or Gandar soldiers out here.
This heat has just exhausted me.
* Tiernan struggles onward...looking near collapse but not saying a word...
When we get to a town... I'm gonna need a nice long hot bath after all this.
* Darin throws his hair back, and brushes his damp bangs back from his face..
Do you have to mention heat dear?
if we even find a town, Sasha. We're out in the middle of nowhere.
I see nothing but sand. Are we still going in the right direction?
What...if we don't....
I expect to be well paid for all this!
* David stumbles slightly but catches himself...
* Darin blinks at Jess... "That's very true.. how do we know where we are, or where
we're going? It all looks the same.."
Don't worry Tyr... we will
are we? if we came from that way *points* and need to get to twon which is that
way *points* then how can we be going in the wrong direciton?
maybe I can modify my magic to make a cooling aura....
Darin feels nausea hit him...
Darin? Are you OK?
* Darin stops short.. "Yeah.. I... just.."
* Tiernan looks at Darin curiously.
I don't know... I can't tell where I'm going in this mess...
* Darin blinks to clear his eyes.. trying to get them to focus properly.
* Jess looks over at Darin...
* Tiernan stumbles.
* Sasha stops for a second and pulls off her boots, letting the small breeze
cool her bare legs.
* Darin feels a wave of dizziness hit him and he stumbles to one knee..
* Jess begins chanting again. "Mercury, spirit of water and ice, bring forth your
cooling power. Rejuvinate my friend!" She gestures toward Darin.
* Tiernan falls on his knees.
* Dal shakes his head... "We have to get back to town, *now*... We're dropping like
flies." He looks around, feeling helpless...
* Sasha falls along with Tyr "Come on, you can do it."
* Kodah watches the situation quietly
* Indigo falls to her knees.
Hold on. I'll drown the desert!
* David stops walking and looks at the others. "What are you guys? Weaklings? C'mon."
* Tiernan 's face is no longer pale, but very flushed. "I...I'll ....try..."
* Jess is exhausted...she can't move, stand, speak, or cast anymore.
* Darin tries to get back up.
* Tiernan struggles to stand, using the ordinate cane as his support.
* Jess drops to one knee...
* Indigo glows blue.
* Dal holds his head, feeling dizzy, and collapses...
Hang on tight!
* Sasha helps him up her wet hair matted across her face.
* Tiernan doesn't make it, crumpling quietly in a heap.
Neptune, Elemental of Water, I summon you! *her voice grows parched* Drown
this desert in water!
* Jess falls flat of her face....
* Sasha kneels besides Tyr "Hey now, don't do this again!"
* David stays standing but looks ready to pass out.. "No! Indigo! Negate that!"
* Kodah watches as the group falls, one after the other
Neptune is summoned...
...I'm....trying...I...I'm so warm...
Oh by the breasts of Mitula!
My head...won't stop spinning
Neptune appears, but slowly fades away, his powers useless in this barren place...
* Indigo glares at David.
* Zoie walks over to Tiernan
* Darin looks at Jess... and barely whispers.. "Jess...."
* Sasha throws a desert rock at David "Shaddup about the goddess' breasts!"
* Tiernan is looking like he has a very bad case of heatstroke...
* Jess is unconscious....exhausted from the trip through the desert.
* David gets hit with it and grunts.
Yes! That is sacrilege David!
* Darin pulls himself to his knees and moves over to Jess.
* Kodah looks up at the sky, wondering why the universe seems to hate him so
* David collapses suddenly, out cold..
You must learn respect for the goddess.
* Tiernan struggles to keep awake.
* Kodah mutters something unpleasant under his breath
* Darin weakly takes Jess's hand in his own.
You....were trying...to find help...
* Indigo lies down, trying one last time and glowing light-blue.
Atlas...E..Elemental of Air....blow away...the desert.
* Tiernan's eyes are glassy as he looks up at the barren sky. "My....fault.."
* Indigo collapses.
It's okay Tyr, it's....not....your fault...
* Dal passes out..
* Zoie sits on the ground dehydrated but not close to passign out yet
* Tiernan finally passes out
* Jess is unconscious....no longer able to move...
* Kodah begins to loose strength in his limbs
* Darin closes his eyes, and rests his cheek against Jess's hand in his own.
* Sasha breathes heavily "I.....I.....don't want to die.....not here....
A small lizard scuttles over to Zoie and jumps on her leg
* Zoie looks at the lizard
* Kodah sags a bit, wondering what he should do
* Darin 's last thoughts before blacking out run through his mind. "At least I'm with
The lizard looks up at her, sticks out his tongue as a lizard would usually
do and turns to the horizon, looking on...
go that way eh lizard?
* Sasha can barely stand anymore "This...really...really...sucks"
The lizard hops off Zoie's leg and scuttles a few feet forward.
* Zoie stands and follows the lizard
Hey.... Zoie where do you think you're....going?
The lizard scuttles further, seeing as how he is being followed...
following the lizard, animals usually have better senses than we do
* Kodah watches Zoie for a moment, then looks at the sluggish group
* Indigo is unconcious on the sands, still glowing light-blue from her summons of
* Sasha gets up groggily and starts walking slowly after Zoie
* Tiernan lies peacefully on the sands, a stark contrast from when you first met him.
Instead of being pale, he is now flushed.
The lizard scuttles over to a dune and climbs to its top, then halts and
* Zoie follows up the due and looks in the directionthe lizard is
* Sasha continues walking over to Zoie and the lizard.
* Kodah grunts, and walks over to Jess and Darin. He grabs them by the scruff and drags
them after Zoie
* Zoie motines for Sasha to stay back a bit
* Sasha sits into the sand "Gladly..."
* Zoie looks again in the direction the Lizard is
A structure can be spotted not far from that position...
* Zoie looks at the lizard and thanks it
The lizard digs his way under the sand and dissapears...
* Zoie motions for Sasha to come
* Zoie points twords the structure
* Sasha gets up again and walks over to Zoie.
* Kodah sets Jess and Darin down, and waits for Zoie to do whatever she's planning
* Zoie just keeps motioning to the structure whatever it is..
looks like the lizard had a plan
It's a sign from heaven...or we're extremely lucky
The structure seems to be a shrine of some sorts... Collumns hold up an old
stone roof... Greenery can be spotted at its sides...
you just need to know how to read things
* Kodah shields his eyes from the sun and looks out towards the structure
* Sasha walks over to Tyr, picks him up and slowly carries him to the shrine.
The shrine opens up, leading to an oasis... The air seems oddly cool for a
* Sasha breathes a sigh of relief and lays down Tyr and her boots beside him and goes
off exploring for some sort of spring....
* Kodah reaches down and grabs Jess and Darin, and drags them to the shrine
* Jess starts to cough as she awakens. "Where are we now?"
* Kodah drops off Jess and Darin and goes back for the others
The shrine opens up in the back, depicting a lucious paradise... A watering
hole can be spotted a few feet away.
* Tiernan moans softly and clutches some sand in his hands, trying to awaken...
* Jess shakes Darin. "Wake up."
* Darin continues to lay unconcious.
OK...you asked for it. One Jessica Sorenson wake-up call coming up.
* Kodah carries Dal and Indigo to the shrine, and drops them off as well
* Sasha walks over to the water hole and cups her hands into the water and splashes it
onto her face. breathing a sigh of relief.
* Jess points to the air above Darin as small ice shards appear. A fireball melts the
ice, making water, which falls onto Darin.
* Indigo stirs in the cool air of the tower and slowly comes to.
* Darin continues to lie motionless, though is now soaked with colder water.
Darin, wake up!
* Indigo wakes up.
* Sasha walks over looking quite refreshed and carries Tyr over to the spring.
Where are we?
someone help me wake him up.
* Sasha splashes some water onto Tyr's face.
* Tiernan blinks and comes to.
....We're still alive?
* Jess gets down right at Darin's ear. "WAKE UP!"
* Sasha nods and kneels besides Tyr
* Tiernan sighs and shakes some sand from his wings.
* Jess shakes Darin gently. "Come on, Darin. You can do it...wake up."
* Indigo staggers to the spring and splashes water on her face, then takes a deep
You're going to need some better clothes than those you know.
* Darin coughs.. and slowly opens his eyes..."J... Jess?"
* Tiernan 's robes are long sleeved O_o
* Jess gets right down into Darin's face. "That's me."
What can you take off?
* David sits quietly by the water, washing sand off his face
* Dal looks around dazely... "Must be a mirage..." He passes out. ^^;
* Indigo looks at Tiernan.
By the way. Who are you?
Oh...Tiernan....you...can call me Tyr....if you'd like...
Mom, I'm probably going to need your help....
Jess... are we dead?
Sure, and what do you need dear?
Your clothes, what can you take off to feel a bit cooler?
If we are, then this must be heaven. But no. We're very much alive.
Gimmie a second mom...
* Darin tries to pull himself to his knees
* Indigo goes to Sasha.
I think....the robe...is...one....piece...
Are you wearing anything under that?
...I don't know....I haven't...checked...
* Sasha coughs
* Jess looks right at Darin. She then grabs him into her arms, not wanting to let go.
"Do you know how worried I was that you might have died?"
* Tiernan blinks at Sasha's reaction.
Can you check?
* Tiernan looks down his robe O_o
* Dal wakes up again... "Water...?" He crawls to the pool...
All I'm wearing is...underwear...I think.
* Kodah stis down next to the water, feeling rather tired
Hmmm... okay then I guess that'll do...
* Dal dunks his head in the pool...
Mom, can you do some sewing to Tyr's robe to make him feel a bit more cooler?
* Sasha turns to Tyr "This'll be a temporary fix, at least until we can get to town"
I think so. I sewed all of your clothes for you as a kid.
* Kodah takes a drink from the oasis and goes back to his musings
* Tiernan takes off his robe O_o
* Indigo goes to Tyr.
* Jess is still latched onto Darin, not far from tears.
Kodah catches a glimpse of his reflection in the water and notices it being
* Tiernan stands up.
* David gazes into the water..
* Sasha blinks at Tyr's half naked body and turns a dark shade of red before turning
...Why is your face turning red?
* Kodah watches his reflection change, wondering what the deal is
* Dal takes his head out of the water... "Ah... feels good..."
David sees his reflection... It depicts him wearing a mask...
* Indigo takes out a ruler and begins to measure him.
N-n-nothing, I just--err--feel a bit hot that's all.
* David blinks and runs a finger down his cheek..
Kodah's reflection depicts one of a devil with firey horns and twisted
* Tiernan looks at his reflection to see why Sasha is doing that strange thing with her
* Dal looks in the pool...
* Zoie loks in the pool
Tiernan shows no relf
Now...how big is your waist?
Tiernan has no reflection...
* Kodah steps away from the pool, his expression darkening
* David growls at his reflection.
Zoie's reflection is also non existant...
gee that's odd
* Sasha looks at her reflection.
* Indigo sighs and begins to measure Tiernan's waist.
* Tiernan jumps! O_o
* Jess checks out her reflection for a moment...just to check her hair.
This has got to be a trick.
* David speaks for the first time :p
* Darin looks at Jess...
* Indigo begins to measure his inseam and height.
Dal's face in his reflection shows fear beyond measure...
* Dal looks away...
* Tiernan looks at Indigo with a bit of confusion, but just let's her finish.
* Darin walks over to Jess.. and looks in at her reflection at her. "You look fine,
Jess." He then looks to see how bad he looks.
you look fine, Darin.
There you go.
Jess' reflection shows her eyes... Blood red... Evil...
Hand me his robe dearie.
* Darin looks at Jess....
* Indigo turns to Sasha and looks in the water.
* Jess stands up, her face going pale.
Darin's reflection is one of a child... Childish features...
that can't be....
* Darin blinks....
* Sasha doesn't turn to face Tyr, just hands the robe outward to her mother's hands.
* Darin backs away...
Indigo's reflection returns as if it were smashed... Destruction...
...Did I do something wrong...?
do you think......
* Darin looks at Jess... then looks back into the water to make sure he wasn't
* David reaches out to touch the relfection..
* Tiernan sits down on the ground and curls his wings around his body.
* Jess looks back down at her reflection.
* Indigo gasps and drops the robe.
Sasha's reflection returns an image of her face, casted in gold and gems...
The face looks extremely sad...
* Kodah watches Indigo and Tyr with an expressionaless fae
N-no, it's just t-that--I--errr---well you're kinda bare....
that can't be my reflection.
* Sasha looks at her reflection for a moment....
* Indigo picks up the robe and begins to loosen it.
It's a portrait of our future selves, or what we don't believe we want to be...
* David turns to look at Tier. "So she's being modest. Women shouldn't gawk at men, men
shouldn't gawk at women...well, not in plain view."
I have a bad feeling about this pool...
So why am I not there...?
I didn't know that....Sorry Sasha....
Perhaps you no longer exist in the future.
(m) Or perhaps there's some truth behind the reflections
* Tiernan looks at Indigo. "W---what?"
* Sasha stands up and looks back at Tiernan, the color of her face returned to normal
"It's okay...I'm sorry I reacted that way, I shouldn't have done that.."
Well, let's see. Sasha I understand I think.
* Darin shakes his head.. and sits back on his heels..
* Jess' face is still pale. "How could I look like THAT?"
She's a mercernary, or at least, until we get home she is, and so perhaps she
gains lots of money and finds it doesn't bring her happiness.
I'm no coward.
* Sasha whaps her mother over the head "SHHH!!"
* Tiernan just watches Sasha
What dear? It is the truth.
* Indigo turns to Tyr.
* Sasha looks at Tiernan "Err ummm... forget you saw that!"
* Darin puts his hand on Jess' shoulder..
I'll explain later.
You're confusing him. :P
You see, Sasha is a Mysteria. By birth that means she's a sorceress, but she's
going through a rebellious phase and thinks that being a mercernary is better. We all
go through that, but then the curse takes hold and we settle into lives as sorceresses
sooner or later.
* Kodah kicks at a small stone
* Tiernan sighs. "People keep saying that...."
* Sasha looks to her mother "Are you finished with sewing that robe?"
* Indigo calmly sews, not showing her reaction to the water's image.
I am not a butcher...that image was wrong. It was a fear. This thing focuses on
My little Sashie ran away from home shortly after her father died. I suppose
Crest's death brought about her rebellious phase. But the curse will take hold sooner
or later, never fear. ^_^
* Sasha gets a sweat drop
Yes, the Mysteria family curse. Every woman of our family has been a sorceress
for over 1100 years. We have no say in that, it's just the way it is.
No say....but....shouldn't people have a say...?
There is a reason for the curse, but I'm not sure you'd believe it.
Why did it show my eyes like that? Such an arua of evil...
I don't know, Jess... Why would it show me so childlike?
* David crosses his arms..
That's why mother called it a curse. We've never had any say. We are
sorceresses, we have no choice.
* Sasha mumbles "I need a bath..."
...It's not nice :/
* Jess once again grabs ahold of Darin, burying her face in his chest. "Darin...."
* Tiernan yawns and blinks in surprise O_o
...O_o W--what was that? O_o
* Indigo hands him the robe.
* Darin holds Jess close and smoothes her hair..
* Tiernan puts it on quickly.
* Kodah watches the evening sky for a long while
No, but we have no say in the matter. Sasha will realize that, in time.
* Dal stays away from the stupid pool...
* Indigo leans against the wall.
* Zoie continues to stare blankly into the pool hoping for some sort of clue as to it's
And her daughter will be a sorceress too. It is the way it has always been and
always will be, unless the curse is broken somehow.
It's called a yawn.
Oh...so it's normal?
It usually means your tired.
Sometimes though you can yawn for no reason
* Jess closes her eyes, tears starting to stream down her face. That reflection has
really scared the hell out of her.
* Tiernan stands up, looking around.
* Darin rocks Jess softly.. "It's ok, Jess.."
* Tiernan looks at Zoie and sits by her.
* Indigo smiles and hugs Sasha.
. o O (Why did tht show fear? Sure, if they find me, I'll be butchered like the
freak I am, but still...)
So you like him dear?
Oh, I wasn't much older than you when I met your father. You have an advantage
I didn't of course. You're sane. ^_^
* David sits back and relaxes his body..
Hey...are you okay?
* Tiernan stares at Zoie, waiting for a response
* Sasha looks at Indigo "No, I'm not falling for him, I'm just curious with him....
that's all. Nothing else!"
Darin, can I ask a favor of you?
* Tiernan looks at Zoie ^_^
* Zoie looks over at Tiernan and nods
What did you see in the pool?
* Tiernan looks at his non-exisitant reflection
Yes, love, anything..
I didn't see anything, it was quite odd
don't let me turn out like that reflection showed...please.
Is this bad...?
I don't think you could if you wanted to, Jess... I just don't think its in
* Tiernan sighs and looks into the pool, pulling his legs to his chest.
* Sasha looks around for a private spring or something around the shrine...
I hope you're right....
Sasha, dearest, you can talk to me. I'm your mother. ^_^
...I don't even remember what I look like...
* Tiernan closes his eyes.
* Darin stares at the pool.. . o O ( Me... younger.. child-like...? )
* David saunters over to Tier and places a hand on his shoulder. "Hey there."
* Tiernan opens his eyes and turns around. "Oh...Hello..."
The sun sets, leaving the oasis cold and dark...
Names David...you seem like you need a friend... here I am. ^_-
What....is a friend?
* Kodah slumps against the wall of the shrine, feeling tired and miserable
Someone to confide in...I'll uhm....protect you and stuff...you can talk to
hm. no reflection and the others had nasty ones
....Really? A friend sounds nice.
* David nods and grins. "If Sasha confuses you too much, just feel free to ask what you
Is Sasha a friend too?
* Jess finds herself getting tired and rests against the shrine. She quickly falls
No problem...and I think she is... or she's trying to be one. ^_^
* Zoie sits and meditates on the relevance of the pool's visions or lace thereof
The night is full, and COLD... The moon shines high up, reflecting a red
aura on the water...
* Tiernan shivers O_o
* Indigo shivers, curling into her robes.
* Tiernan pulls his wings over his body and stops shivering ^_^
* David blinks at the red aura..
* Jess wonders about the pool.
* Kodah curls up against the wall of the shrine, shivering in his sleep
* Dal is asleep in a corner, shivering in his sleep...
* Tiernan blinks and sticks a hand in the pool. "Is water supposed to be red...?"
* Sasha sleeps in a small corner of the shrine.
Darin, look at the water.
It's not usually red....
* Darin looks at the water... and shudders..
The water is cold and bites at Tyr.
* Tiernan meeps and pulls his hand out.
what is it, Tiernan?
The water feels like that ice cube...
Good night. And Sashie, be honest with yourself.
Then maybe this should have an effect.
* Indigo smiles and goes to sleep.
* Zoie runs her hand about a half inch over the waters surface
* Jess tosses a small fireball at the pond.
* Tiernan lays down and curls his wings around his body, falling asleep near the waters
Jess.... I don't know if that's wise...
it's not enough to make a difference...just a very small fireball.
... mn... not a coward, dammit... mm...
The Shining Force settles down, hoping to get a good night's rest...
===== Cut scene! =====
The moon settles over the sleeping Shining Force... A small figure, a few
inches high, flies overhead, looking down at the team...
* Zoie is still meditating
The fairy lands and sits down on a tree, observing the Shining Force.
It blinks once...
* Tiernan sleeps quietly, shivering every once in a while.
* Zoie looks up
Another fairy flies to her and sits down at her side.
*whispers* Who are they?
* Jess is asleep, her arm wrapped around Darin.
*whispers* I don't know... See that one with wings? *points*
* David is curled up, his hands twitching..
* Dal is snoring loudly...
* Sasha sleeps like a little girl child.