Shining Force RPG 2 session 12
===== SESSION START =====
The night settles in nicely... The moon shines faintly over the city,
casting the city in an eerie glow...
A few odd people stay awake, their thoughts keeping them from sleep...
* Tiernan struggles outside to the balcony, almost looking as if he's limping. He plops
down and looks up at the moon.
* Tiernan sighs softly to himself.
The moon shines a big fake smile, as if it's laughing at Tyr...
* Tiernan blinks.
....Even the moon thinks I'm strange....
Everyone hates me so...why...? What did I do....?
* Tiernan buries his head into his lap.
* Zoie walks in
* Zoie walks out in to the balcony
* Tiernan looks up.
* Tiernan 's voice sounds strained for some strange reason or another.
Did you come here to laugh too...?
why would I be laughing?
People hate me because I am not like them...
so? that doesn't give me the right to laugh at you
Really? I thought...I thought everyone hated me because of my wings...
Everyone in town whispered about me...or shrank away from me...I didn't even
I don't know you that well, why would I hate you becuase you didn't look as I
I don't know...that's what I want to know...
Even Sasha ran off....
I thought she was my..."friend..."
I don't know what to do....ugh...
* Tiernan clutches his stomach.
just be yourself, people can't fault you for that, and if they laugh without
getting to know you, it's their loss
But....why do they...
Maybe my wings are just evil....
maybe they are afraid of something different or maybe they are jealous
Jealous? What is...that?
people laugh for the oddest reasons, usually to hide other emotions
Jealous is, envious.. they wish they had them
They shouldn't...it just leave you....
* Tiernan thinks of the word Sasha used. "Heartbroken....yes..."
* Kodah looms in the doorway leading to the balcony, listening
* Tiernan looks behind him. "Kodah..."
* Tiernan winces in pain.
* Kodah nods to Tiernan as he's noticed
Why don't you...come out here...
* Tiernan says this very innocently.
* Kodah steps into the moonlight, his face betraying the bitterness he feels
Why do you look like that...?
Is something wrong?
* Zoie looks at Kodah
* Kodah shrugs, "Nothing of any weight really"
You look so...
* Tiernan blinks, trying to think of the emotion.
I don't know...you just don't look right...
Unhappy is the word I think you're looking for
Unhappy? Yes...why do you look so unhappy?
* Kodah shrugs again, "Life is sometimes harsh, I'm learing to deal with that"
* Zoie asks Kodah why he is unhappy
Yes...I guess it is...
* Tiernan stands up. "Is there...anything...."
* Tiernan falters.
Why am I unhappy? Well...I've had a lot taken from me
Taken? Why would anyone take anything from you? :/
You seem like a nice person...
There are a lot of reasons. Unfortunately I don't know any of them
There are a lot of things I don't know e...
* Tiernan suddenly doubles up, and collapses! O_o
You okay there?
* Tiernan 's body shimmers for a moment, then his wings wink back into existance.
* Kodah watches
* Tiernan moans and sits up.
I couldn't hold it...
Now you'll laugh at me too!
Couldn't hold what?
Why are you trying to hide them?
Because they're evil. That's why people hate me...
Hrmph...you shouldn't worry about what other people think of you
You should be more worried about how you feel about yoursef
That's what Zoie said....
* Tiernan stops to think.
I didn't know if it was really true...
Thank you, Kodah...
No biggie really. In some ways I understand where you're coming from
Really? Like what?
I've had my share of people who feared me
Just because I was different
Why do they do this...? They don't even know me...but they fear me anyway! I
didn't want to make them afraid of me!
They fear you because they don't know any better...or someone told them to(said
with renewed bitterness)
Please don't be angry....
You sound so angry....
I'll leave you alone, if that's what you want...
I'm not angry at you...
* Tiernan stands up, flexing his wings a few times.
Ehhhehehe... Should I do the cut scene afterwards? ^_^
But....instead of being angry....
I just...have a lot of stuff hanging over my head
Maybe you should teach the people who don't know any better.
* Tiernan thinks about this for a moment, smiles, and walks out.
===== Cut scene! =====
I think he's confused and scared
The scene shifts to a dark alley... A lonesome man stands under a street
light, awaiting something... Or someone...
* Jeyer shifts impatiently.. "Where is he..?"
* Jeyer sighs and tightens the belt around his waist...
Sounds of horse hoofs can be heard in the distance...
* Jeyer turns to the sound, seeing a carriage hauled by 2 horses go by...
... Calm down, Jeyer..
Suddenly, behind Jeyer, a voice makes itself heard, "You summoned me?"
* Jeyer leaps and turns around quickly!
!!... Dammit, Gerad.. Don't scare me like that.
A thousand pardons, sir Jeyer. Now. What did you want with me?
* Jeyer leans on something invisible, but it manages to hold him up.
I propose... An alliance.
An... Alliance? For what purpose?
I know you're looking for Kodah. I have... "Issues" with him. And he is now
travelling with powerful allies.
* Gerad strokes his chin... "Hmm. Then they shall fall for allying themselves with such
* Jeyer shakes his head.. "You're stubborn, aren't you. How about this then."
* Jeyer stands up and gathers energy in his hands... Suddenly, a small sphere appears
between his hands.
Impressive... What is it?
* Jeyer groans.. "It is a tracking beacon... I tagged Kodah in my last encounter with
* Gerad suddenly looks excited and reaches out for the sphere...
* Jeyer pulls back and dispells the sphere... "Ah ah ah... Now now. You really believe
I would give this up that easily?"
* Gerad looks irritated. "What do you want of me?"
I... Simply want to journey with you to hunt down Kodah... And to be there when
you suck the life out of him..
Such taste for vengeance... I cannot ally myself with such a being. I shall
find Kodah on my own terms. Good day, sir Jeyer.
* Gerad turns around and walks away...
* Jeyer curses and whispers under his breath.. "You'll regret this move, Centaur...
Just you wait."
* Jeyer casts teleportation and poofs out of existance.
===== End cut scene! =====
The sun once again arises over the horizon... A new day is born...
* Tiernan lies curled up in his bed, still sleeping.
* Reisha doesn't see the sun, more like the pillow, as she snores away. :)
* Kodah is up early, and waits in the lobby for everyone
* David leans against his windowsill, staring outside and lost in his thoughts..
* Jess is nowhere near the inn, staying behind Darin at the shrine.
* Zoie having fallen asleep on the balcony awakens
== Darin returns to full strength.
* Tiernan murmers something in his sleep, and cootly extends his wings a couple of
* Tiernan awakens by falling out of bed! O_o
* Reisha blinks several times and the sunbeams shine right in ehr eyes.. "Damn it..
morning.. want sleep more.."
Yes. I think ow was correct.
* Tiernan rubs his now sore back and stands up.
* Reisha shakes her grogginess off and gets ready... ^^
* Tiernan went to bed in his clothes, therefore, just walks out to the lobby looking
for everyone else.
Are we going to get my new clothes soon?
* Reisha staggers out of her room, scratching her head and mumbling something abotu
If you like
* Tiernan smiles....right! ^_^
* David continues to just drift in his thoughts, eyes dark..
The innkeeper works on making breakfast in the back.
* Tiernan hears something growl. O_o
* Tiernan looks down.
* Kodah raises an eyebrow at Tyr
I think I'm possessed. My stomach is growling at me...
Let me guess, you don't know what that noise means, do you?
* Tiernan looks worried.
No! What does that mean?
* Zoie walks inside
It means you're hungry
* Jess wanders into the room, hanging onto a fully healed Darin.
* Reisha flumps on the door to David's room, falling inside rather ungracefully. ^^
.. I hate mornings.. x_X
* David spins and leaps on the person in his room, grabbing his sword from his bed in
the same motion and positioning the flaming blade at their throat!
That's it, let's see if we can get you some breakfast
* Darin looks around, wincing from a slight headache..
Morning, people. How are you all doing this morning?
* Jess hangs onto Darin for dear life.
As well as can be expected
* Reisha wakes up! o_O
* Darin looks down at Jess... "You ok?"
* David growls, eyes dark and suddenly realizes just who he's pointing the sword at.
* Kodah leads Tyr to the breakfast table
* Tiernan follows. ^_^
* Jess smiles. "I am now that you're ok, Darin."
It's me Rei..! Calm down there Davey.. ^^;
* David erks and tosses the sword back onto the bed... "Uh...uh...morning,
Rei....sorry....uhm... I'll be down in a second.."
* Darin smiles nervously...
* Kodah prods the innkeeper for some breakfast stuff
* Reisha nods. ".. and here I thought I was a monster in the morning.."
* David clears his throat and packs up his things.
* Tiernan sits down, looking at the silverware with a bit of quiet confusement
* Reisha flips her hair behind her and walks out. "....I'll talk after I get some
* Kodah shows Tyr how to properly eat breakfast
* David stops and looks at where Rei was, sighing.. "Damnit. Can I do nothing right?"
* Jess looks at her robes for a second and then whispers to Darin. "I think they said
something last night about shopping today. If I don't get rid of these robes soon, you
won't want to see the results of one more battle. These things are pathetic now."
* Zoie sits down alone ans sips tea
* David suddenly gets really pissed off and puts a hole in the wall with his foot.
* Reisha runs downstairs and assulats the nearest employee for a cup.
* David ahems and walks downstairs to meet the group.
* Tiernan tries to put a bit of egg on the fork like Kodah is doing
* Tiernan blinks as the egg falls into his lap.
I don't think I can do this :/
* David mutters.. "Morning everyone."
* Jess simply gets a cup of coffee and a danish. "This'll be it for me."
* Darin looks at Jess.. "It doesn't look that bad, love.."
* David slumps into a chair by Tiernan and Kodah.
The innkeeper puts a pot of coffee on the counter and backs away slowly..
Keep trying, you'll get it
Good Morning David..
* Tiernan looks at the innkeeper.
* Reisha manages a sly smile to the Innkeeper and takes the cup. ;)
There are a lot of people who don't know any better, aren't there? :/
* David taps his fingers on the desk, looking dark..
The innkeeper sweatdrops and goes back to the kitchen. ^^;;
* Kodah nods to Tyr
* Reisha sits down by everyone, and single-mindedly drinks. ^^
* Tiernan tries to put the eggs on his fork again.
she must have really been tired. *Points to Rei.*
* Kodah teaches Tyr how to spear eggs with a fork
* Zoie continues to sip her tea
* Reisha slams the cup down for effect. "Damn right." ^^
* Tiernan does so. ^_^
That's much easier!
* David mutters..
I'm going outside. I'll meet you all there.
* David stands and walks outside.
* Tiernan spears all of his food onto the fork so it's absolutely crammed O_o
Um...hold it Tyr
What did I do wrong?
* Reisha looks a little better after a few minutes.
One thing to remember, never eat anything biger than your mouth
Becuase it can be bad for you
* Jess sips at her coffee as she reads an article.
* Tiernan pushes some of the food off his fork
Hey, Darin, can I ask you a quick question?
* Reisha glances at David. "Sory if I kinda startled you there... I'm a mess before my
morning cup." ^^
* Tiernan puts the food in his mouth and chews. ^_^
This is good! ^_^
* Reisha blinks and realizes he's gone... :/
* Kodah resumes eating quietly
* Darin nods at Jess
Thank you Kodah.
Why did your sword attack you like that, Darin?
* Darin pales...
It's been eating away at me all night, just wondering.
* Tiernan eats his meal quietly.
Say, anybody see where David went?
* Zoie starts to scribble in her little book as she sips her tea
The Blade of Truth can not be wielded against anything that is not evil..
threat or no threat... It holds me to an oath I swore long ago.....
* Darin trails off and stares off into space, seemingly lost in thought
* Tiernan finishes his meal.
* Reisha winks to Jess, swiping a bagel in her mouth and heading outside. ^^
That was really good. My stomach feels better now.
Sounds of metal clashing against metal can be heard not far away...
* Darin mutters under his breath... "Kalla, where ever you are... I still worry...."
* Jess takes Darin's hand in hers. "It's OK. I was just curious. What's wrong?"
Kodah...in my room, there was a big...tub.....what was that?
I thought it might have been the place to sleep but I wasn't sure...
* Darin blinks.. hearing the noise.. "What's that?"
Its a tub. You use it to clean yourself
I haven't ...what is that noise?
* Jess runs outside.
* Darin gets up and follow Jess
* Tiernan gets up and follows everyone else.
* Zoie gets up and walks outside
* Kodah lags behind the others, feeling caution would be a good idea
A man can be seen thrown to the floor by another man... It seemed to have
* Reisha gets outside, munching on the bagel, and ntoices the sound..
Hey! Stop that! You're hurting him! :/
that's this fight about?
.oO(Probably a drunken brawl.)
Looks like *munch* somebody's got problems. ^^
sad... people resorting to violince to solve a problem
* David growls and glares down at the man, rage in his eyes...
You bloody idiot. Get outta here.
The man on the ground cowers and tries to crawl away!
too true, Zoie..but they're probably drunk. You know how easily drunks get into
* David kicks the man hard as he tries to crawl
* Reisha blinks and goes up to David...
Guards stand at an arm's length from David...
* Tiernan looks on in shock.
The man yelps!
I don't think he's drunk *points at David*
* Darin just stares...
What the heck's going on.. why're you kicking this guy?
no joke..what's on his mind?
* Reisha tries to seperate David and the Man.
The man gets up and runs to his training partners...
* David glares at the guards... "He was...he was in my way."
No idea, Tyr.
And you beat him just for that? Seriously..
The guards clutch the hilt of their swords... "Please move along, or we will
be forced to arrest you."
So you hurt people who are in your way? Is that how it works...?
* Reisha stands there, hands on her hips.
* Kodah raises an eyebrow at David
* David twitches and growls at the guards before moving on...
* Jess grabs David. "Come on....Rei, give me a hand here, OK?"
You really got up on the wrong side of bed this morning, didn't you? :/
The guards glare at David before dispersing the crowd that built up...
So it is okay to hurt others....?
* Tiernan looks very lost and confused.
* Reisha assists Jess in carting David a ways away. ^^
No, Tyr... It's just ok when Narrators hurt their players. :P
Who said that? O_o
What has gotten into you, David? You just don't go attacking people who don't
attack you first.
* David blinks and his arms twitch at the girls touches, his reflexes trying to kick
in.. "Someone explain to Tiernan whats right and not."
I wouldn't copy David's methods if I were you Tyr
* Darin shakes his head to clear it... and goes over to where Jess, Rei and David are.
* David glances at Jess, his gaze haunted.. "N..nothing."
Why not? Isn't he the leader?
Just because he's a leader doesn't mean he's a good role model
* Zoie stands to the side
* David clears his throat and rolls his shoulders. "Okay. Okay. Lets just go. Wait,
where are we going? Whats the plan?"
So he's a bad person?
No..that can't be right...
but a person can let his emotions get the better of him...which at times is not
a very good idea.
Oh...I think I understand...
* Reisha looks into David's eyes a minute... "Relax, David... save it for the bad
Can I....get my clothes...please?
If you wish
* David blinks, his eyes still dark.. "Bad guys...right...okay... yeah...uhm. Sure,
I'm sorry I'm such a bother to everyone...asking so many questions
* Reisha snaps a finger. "Right.. shopping's a good plan." :)
Don't worry about it Tyr
while we're at it, I'm going to find myself a better outfit too. These robes
are really becoming a mess.
I'll stick to these clothes...
Okay...if you say so.
I need more whipped cream undies... Err. *goes back to narrating.*
Who said that?!
* David glances at Rei and then rubs his forehead, feeling ill.
I remember where that store was...
But...the man there didn't like my wings...so...I think I should hide
* Reisha puts a hand on his shoulder. "man.. I think you needed that coffee more than
* Tiernan closes his eyes and clasps his hands together as if praying. With a faint
rustle, his wings burst into a shower of feathers and faerie fire. Then as subtle as a
whisper, it all vanishes.
cool trick, Tyr.
Really? You like it?
* David untenses at the touch.. "Coffee....coffee wouldn't have helped... I'm okay."
* Tiernan tries to find his way back to the tailor shop
Anyway...lead the way, oh Tiernan of the frozen and studly.
* Jess latches onto Darin. "What do you think, Sir Darin?"
I'm not cold...and my body isn't made of studs.
* Reisha giggles...
The tailor shop lies two blocks down.
* David laughs. "It was a joke."
* Darin blushes slightly.. and shrugs...
you look pretty lost in deep thought, I was just wondering.
* Darin is still a little wrapped in his thoughts...
Makes you laugh...other people laugh..
Tiernan.. you've still got a lot to learn.. ^^
* Tiernan finds the Tailor Shop ^_^
* David smiles for the first time today and patpats Tier's head.
* Darin looks at Jess.. "I'm sorry..."
see, you were pretty zoned out. What's up?
* Tiernan is pat patted.
* Reisha feels a little better seeing David smile.
Let's go shopping, shall we?
Just thinking about what happened... and..
yes, let's. Right, Rei?
* David bows and lets Rei go before him. "M'lady."
* Tiernan walks into the store.
* Jess digs in her pouch. "haven't had a chance to use this in a while. Guardiana
express. Never leave home without it."
* Reisha nods to Jess and takes the invitation. :)
But of course, sir David... ;)
* Reisha heads inside..
* David laughs and smiles, following Rei in..
* Jess follows David and Rei in.
Can... I help you?
Do you remember me from yesterday?
I asked if you could make me some new clothes...
* Jess looks over at Reisha. "Let's see what we can find, eh?"
* David leans against the counter, lazily eyeing the styles of clothing he can see..
* The Tailor looks at Tiernan.. "Oh right! Something's different... But.. Anyways. Yes!
Let me get your clothes..."
^_^; Oh. Okay.
* Reisha rubs her hands. "Oh yeah.." ^^
* Jess wanders around, looking at all the ladie's fashions. "This is going to be fun."
You can find something to show off that beautiful figure of yours, Rei.. ^_-
* Darin eyes a few things .. that would look fabulous on Jess....
* Reisha luaghs, posing a little. "Don't you know it!" :)
* Jess looks around. "I like this skirt, and this blouse...now about the shoes. What do
you think, Rei?"
* The railor returns with a pile of clothes and hands then to Tiernan. "Here you go...
There's a changing room to the back there..."
* Reisha hunts around for a nice new cape..
I think trash the shoes.. they're last season. :P
last season? ^_-
Thank you...I'll be right back.
* The tailor nods. "Can I help any of you?"
* Reisha fingers some Silk material.. "Ohh.. now this is my style..fit for a hero.."
* Tiernan carries his clothes into the dressing room, starts to take off his robe, then
remembers the 'no nakedness in plain view' rule and shuts the door.
* David tilts his head, watching Rei...
* Jess wanders into a fitting room with her outfit to try it on. "Perfect fit. I like
this look." Jess digs around and finds a magician's circlet that she had stored away.
"This'll look so great with this."
* Jess comes out of the fitting room to show off for Darin.
You got any black tunics, sir?
* Reisha looks to the tailor. "Hey, you have any Robes and capes in this? *points to a
deep blue fabric*
* Darin blinks at Jess.... and his jaw falls to the floor.
So, what do you think, Sir Darin?
Hmm... Dark shades are in the back there... *points to a rack next to the
robes* You should both find what you need there. ^_^
* Tiernan comes out of the dressing room. His robe is now gone. (obviously) He's
wearing a cream colored shirt which is loose, black pants, brown boots with a fur trim,
and a brown overcoat which has a small gold chain on his right shoulder. He's also
wearing a yellow and black scarf.
* David nods and heads back there, searching for a new tunic..
* Jess spins slowly for Darin to get a good look at her new look.
How...how does this look
. o O ( That skirt is so ... SHORT!!! But it shows her off so ...
beautifully... wow... )
Gotcha... c'mon, David.
Looks good Tyr
* Darin babbles at Jess.. before finally getting out a few coherant words.. "You look
* Reisha heads to the back, head bobbing up and down at all the styles..
Let me see something....
* Tiernan closes his eyes and opens his arms wide. Suddenly, a faint glimmer can be
seen coming from him as two small, pale red wings materialize on his back. With a faint
rustle of feathers, they fuse to his back, and become soild.
Oh! He did add the wingholes. ^_^
* Jess looks at the shoe rack. "These will be the perfect addition." She grabs a pair
of red heels and puts them on.
... Oh! Right... You were the kid with the wings... I Forgot. ^_^
* David hauls out a black tunic, grinning at the thinness but strength of the
^_^; That's okay sir.
Now, there we go...now what do you think, people?
* Reisha pulls out a few tunics in blue, tinged with gold at the frills and holds them
up to David. "What'cha think? Too guady?"
I think you should get yer ass in my trailer right now. :P
* Darin looks around for a new cape... "Do you happen do have anything in a dark gold
color? Or in red?"
it'll look perfect on you, Rei.
Who said that!?
* David tilts his head. "I think you'd look beautiful even if you were wearing a burlap
* David looks at the tunic in his hands and ponders it..
* Tiernan looks himself over in a mirror.