Shining Force RPG 2 session 15
===== SESSION START =====
The Shining Force floats in an empty void... Feeling wind rush by,
chilling them to the bone... Other than the wind blowing, there is no way of telling
they are moving.
Where are we?
* Kodah shivers, looking very much put out by this experience
* Tiernan shivers violently.
* Darin looks around, shivering..."What is this place?"
* David shivers also... "Well....this could be worse...."
* Indigo shivers, her teeth chattering as she tries to cover herself with her hands.
Why is it, that whenever the Shinig Force comes around, I get plunked into
situations like this?
* Dal gulps... "This is... weird..."
Because we're heroes, and heroes always find strange things. ^_^
* David glances at Rei, who is still tugging him
...I want out...
Tyr? You gonna freak on us?
* Indigo looks about.
* Kodah rubs his arms, trying to keep warm
Uh...you know...get upset..
The last thing I remember is wandering through a demon-infested tower going
* Dal holds Tyr tight, trying to keep him warm.
* David shivers harder... "Aren't you...some kinda....fire bird, though...."
* Reisha is shivering, letting go of David as she chitters her teeth.
What.. t-the.. h-hell.. o_o
Little sparks of light can be seen appearing to the sides of the party.
* Tiernan brings his hands together and attempts to generate heat from them, not
knowing if magic will work in such a place.
* David blinks at Rei and wraps his arms around her, holding her against him to give
her some warmth...
* Indigo looks about, nodding at Tiernan.
== The magic is nullified.
I...hope thats-s....our way...out...
* Indigo sees the sparks.
Hi! We're the Shining Force, can you help us?
* Tiernan plops to the ground, dissapointed.
* Darin looks around, and stays close to Jess.
K--Kodah...what is that...?
* Reisha blinks at David. ^^
See, we were in this tower filled with demons and somehow we got trapped here.
I wish I could tell you Tyr, but I'm at a loss here
* David narrows his eyes, not noticing Rei's look as he peers at the light...
I'm here, don't worry...
* Tiernan nods to both Dal and Kodah...but still looks nervous :/
* Dal shivers violently, holding Tyr tight. "Where the hell are we?"
I...I don't know!
The sparks make a small humming noise, showing no signs of sentient thought.
We went through that portal...maybe we're stuck....
* Kodah watches the sparks warily
* Dal looks back to see if the portal's still there.
* Indigo grabs for a spark.
* Tiernan clings to Dal, trying to generate warmth. Apparently, being a Phoenix isn't
helping regulate his body temperature or anything ^_^;;
* David shivers harder against Rei but doesn't let go, not willing to let her suffer..
* Darin continues to cling to Jess, shivering violently...
The spark fades through Indigo's hand and follows on to his path...
Can you give us back our clothes and weapons and magic? We'll go away and
leave you alone. We have a horsey to ride on if you want to. He's a knight. ^_^
D-David.. u-um.. y-you don't .. h-have to.. hug that.. c-close.. ^^
.....uhh....uhh....just....just trying to...help...
* Indigo feels her teeth clatter.
Indigo...I have clothes on...
* Reisha holds onto david. "Think of.. y-yourself.. k-knuckledhead.." ^^
* Kodah chatters his teeth, not at all pleased
I...I don't...like being....c-cold....
* Indigo puts on her best Mom voice.
I don't...like being....hot e-e-either....
* Reisha trys throwing some random bolts of power out into the void..
Young sparks, you let us go right now or you'll be sorry!
* Dal shivers... "Tyr... try to communicate with the sparks..."
* David flashes Rei a warm look despite his violent shivering and then glances at the
I...w-w-w-w-want to be in th-e-e m-m-i-d-dle.
== the magic is nullified.
* Tiernan looks straight at the sparks.
P-P-Please! W-we're lost! H-Help us!
T-there has...to be...a point to...all...this!
* Reisha blinks. "Y..you mean.. that's not my m..m..magic"
The sparks emit a louder humming noise... cries of a multitude of people can
We're c-cold...and w-we're hungry...and that's n-not a good co--co-
* Darin eyes the sparks.. and wonders if his blade would have an effect on shedding
some light on this...
* Indigo shivers.
The cries begin to raise in intensity slowly...
* Tiernan shudders and puts his hands to his ears, as if the voices have more of an
impact on him.
* Indigo frowns and puts her hands on her hips, trying to ignore the cold.
* David 's lips turn slightly blue, his grip loosening slightly....
"Unnh......gr...eat.....now we have...sound...effects...I can't feel my....hands."
* Reisha looks around shievring more and more with each passing minute..
Screaming won't do you any good. You let us go or we'll send you to your room!
* Dal closes his eyes... "So cold..."
G-get a grip.. D-David.. damn.. I don't t-think I-I can f-feel mine e-either
* Darin shivers... as his lips begin to turn blue. He tightens his arms around Jess.
A voice can be heard faintly, burried under the cries... "Follow... Path....
Chosen...." The rest is inaudible.
* Indigo covers her ears, shivering with cold but catching the last part.
....w-what p-path! I d-don't see any!
P...Path? ... C..Chos...sen?
* Indigo nods to David and follows the spark.
* Reisha follows David, not able to do much else
The sparks are condensed, leaving a small black corridor for the force to
* Kodah tries following the path, what else is there to do?
* Indigo follows the path.
* Dal gently pushes Tyr forward...
* David barrels forward, determined to make it..
* Tiernan can barely walk, shivering so hard :/
* Darin follows the path as well as he can, his feet and fingers numb..
T-Thi..s is the l-last t-t-time I book a random f-flight..
A bright light can be seen further along... The force's movement is now more
than apparent as they are propulsed towards the light like a runaway freight train.
I--I think...I--unders-stand..what K-Kodah...m-meant.....n-now...
rr.....we...can make it...
* Reisha suddenly gets jerked towards the light. "W-woah.." O_O
* Tiernan cries out as he's pulled toward the light
* Indigo giggles gleefully as she's pulled toward the light.
* Kodah hisses
* Dal tried to hold back his lunch...
* Darin blinks as he lurches forward.
* David grunts but doesn't complain... "Beats...freezing to...death.."
* Tiernan closes his eyes and cries out endlessly at the horrid senstation!
The cries slowly silence themselves as the sparks fade away...
* David shudders, letting his eyes close..
* Tiernan stops screaming and drops to the floor, shaking.
This is wonderful! I have to get one of these for the Crystal Tower!
The light covers the whole party and in an instant, everyone is
standing/sitting/lying down on black stone steps...
* David groans, lying on his back on the steps..
* Tiernan lies down on the stairs, still shivering.
* Reisha falls right on her rump onto the stone staircase.
Damn it..! o_o
* Indigo relaxes, lying face-down on the stairs and trying to get over the cold.
* Jess falls flat of her ass. "That really hurt:
* Darin continues to shiver, and looks around for Jess..
I'm right here, Darin.
* Dal groans... "Are... we.. there... yet...?"
* David shivers violently still, curling up...
Good... I didn't want to lose you back there.
but where is here?
* Reisha tries to shake off the cold, and rouse David.
* Indigo smiles.
This is bliss.
No time.. to sleep on the job.. mister..
* Tiernan curls his wings around his body so tightly that he's a ball.
* Kodah shivers
* Reisha sits down, rubbing her arms. "N-no.. kidding.."
The view from this vantage point in the tower depicts that many islands are
scattered north... The southern part shows the endless blue wonder of the sea. A town
can be spotted to the east.
I want one of those for my Crystal Tower. Let's find the wizard who made that
so I can ask how I get one. I mean, I've paid all my dues to the Sorcerers' Guild and
I've been a loyal consumer of the Spellbook of the Month club for years and I still
don't have my very own portal.
* Indigo pouts.
Town... warm... let's go...
* Jess closes her eyes as she silently chants. "Mars, spirit of fire, bring forth your
warming touch to end our cold."
Where are we?
* Darin continues to shiver
== Jess casts Blaze successfully...
* Indigo stands up.
Can we go to the hot springs?
I think so
You okay Tyr?
* David sits up slowly....and blinks.. "Ugh....where....?"
* Tiernan opens one eye, but he doens't look any less tense.
There, a fire to keep us warm.
I...I don't know...I...I...I couldn't move...and I was breathing so hard!
I...I think I was...scared...
* Darin moves closer to Jess's fire. "You are a wonderful person, Jess." He kisses her
That's quite possible
* Reisha looks out the window. "It looks like some island.."
* Jess blushes. "Flatterer."
* Tiernan is still lying down on the stairs.
I'll make some hot springs for us. ^_^
* Kodah walks over to Tyr and offers him a hand up
* Reisha directs David's glance out the window to the ocean, and then the archepelago
to the north.
* Tiernan gets up, abeit slowly.
Sure.. looks like it.
Where do you want the springs?
* Jess looks around. "What kind of place is this?"
* David nods. "Bring your swimsuit?"
You'll get used to fear in time Tyr. The important thing is not to let it
* Reisha laughs, some warmth returning to her cheeks. "Don't you wish.." ;)
* Tiernan calms down, his breathing becoming regular again.
I didn't like that place at all :/
* David smiles and turns to the group. "Everyone standing and okay?"
* Dal aghs and tries to warm up... "Yeah."
Dal! Are you all right?
so far so good, David. But I'm not sure for how long.
* Indigo glows brown.
Dao, create some holes in the ground!
* Dal mutters some curses softly so Tyr can't hear, and grumbles.. "Yeah, sorta..."
* Reisha squints eastwards. "hey.. that looks like a town.."
* Tiernan blinks. "Oh...Okay."
A town? Our next trip, then. Get it together people!
Lets go to the town the lovely Rei spotted ^_-
Hey.. where's there's a town.. there a nice warm bed.. ^^
* Indigo pouts.
I'm inclined to agree, David. We do need to get going.
Hey! I've got an idea!
I'm glad everyone's all right
Can we get out of this place?
I agree, let's get going
Okay, um, let's go...
* Darin nods..
* Reisha looks around for the way down out of this high-rise.
A spiral flight of steps exactly like the Midnight's eve tower can be
* Jess puts out the mystic fire and readies herself to leave.
I don't like it. :/ It's not as evil feeling as the first tower...but....it
* Indigo runs for the steps and down the tower.
* Tiernan stands by Dal and Kodah, and walks down the stairs, fluffing his wings a few
* Darin offers his arm to Jess.
* Kodah walks quietly
* Jess takes Darin's arm and walks on down the stairs.
* David walks slowly down the stairs, eyes flickering in their color..
* Dal starts going down the stairs...
* Indigo starts singing the smurf song again, skipping.
* Tiernan looks at Indigo. O_o
* Kodah gives Indigo the evil eye
* Reisha walks down the steps not far behind the leader, examining the walls for any
more uglies that want a beat down.
* Darin raises his eyebrow at Indi
That song is as bad as that strange one's voice...you know...the voice from
the heavens that says strange stuff to me... -_-
Lara said she was a psycho...looks like she was right.
* Indigo turns to Tiernan.
Tyr... This is your conscience speaking... Dildoes are fun icebreakers in
awkward situations. That is all.
Mitula's voice speaks to me too. It can be hard, huh?
* Kodah decides to let that slide, against his better judgement
Ah...I don't know. Once it said puberty was when you're really hairy and
horny. I didn't understand it!...SEE!? There! THERE!
* Reisha looks at Tyr, fixing her blonde hair a minute. "Man.. you certainly hear a lot
I don't even know what a 'dildo' is! :/
But let's just go.
* Reisha stifles a giggle.
Don't worry. You'll learn about puberty one day. ^_^
* Darin looks at Jess, shaking his head.
You must think I'm odd too, Kodah :/
Ah.. life's great mysteries... ;)
* David seems oddly happy, a smile on his face as he heads further..
The stairs take the team down to a room similar to the Midnight's eve... But
this time, the door is opened.
something wrong, Darin?
* Indigo resumes singing the smurf song, then switches to the Care Bear theme.
Not odd...you just make me think Tyr. That;'s all
I like this place already. Open doors.
* Jess shakes her head. "Lara was definately right. That woman is a psycho."
Oh? About what?
Not really Jess.. just.. Indi..
* David heads to the door...
* Indigo jumps into the door.
* Jess walks on out the door with Darin in tow.
I haven't felt this good since I was a child! ^_^
About who might be talking to you
I don't know. I don't like it. :/ He never explains things right.
* Reisha gingerly walks out the doors, recent events making ehr quickly forget the
Kodah...Dal...can I ask you something?
Try to ignore the voice. It sounds like its just trying to be strange for its own sake
Well...David said he's my friend...and Sasha is my friend. Are you both my
Tyr, I'd like to think that we're all friends here.
* Dal tousles Tyr's hair... "Of course we are..."
* Darin nods in agreement with Jess.
* Indigo turns and smiles.
I'm your friend.
That's great. ^_^
* Kodah nods to Tyr
I like friends. David was right. :)
As to the voices, are they good voices?
They are nice.
I don't know. :/
He says odd things to me. :/
I'd rather not talk about it :/
Hmmm....the voice that speaks to me is a really nice voice. What do your
Ignore the voice then
the voiecs? I don't know about that.
* Reisha sighs deeply. "Oh brother.." ^^;
He says that dildos are good icebreakers at parties
what's up, Rei?
Oh okay.....well, I can understand that. It's hard. People don't understand
Did he now?
I don't know what he means. :/
* David looks around, hair falling into his eyes..
Nor do I.
The outside of the tower depicts no wildlife or greenery... The whole island
seems completely flat...
* Indigo looks around.
O_o This is a wasteland if I've ever seen one.
Why's everything flat?
...this place seems.....sad.
Can the Earth be sad?
This...place is.. ....
I suppose it can
* Tiernan pats the ground, and flexes his wings. "Cheer up! ^_^"
It's still pretty desolate...
* Reisha puts a hand to her eyes. "Talk about flat..."
Well, if Dao is sad, the ground can be sad too....
* Jess closes her eyes and concentrates. "I can feel a very sad feeling from the
spirits of earth on this island. Even a dark presence. I don't like it one bit."
* Kodah looks around
Dao, Elemental of the Earth, I summon you!
== Dao is summoned.
...It's not cheering up. :/
Dao, talk to Tiernan there. He'll cheer you up!
Give it time Tyr. There's a lot of ground and only one of you
Lets just head to the town.
* Indigo points to Tiernan and moves Dao towards him.
* Reisha looks around for that town she spied earlier.
* Tiernan blinks at Dao O_o
Tiernan, meet Dao, the Elemental or Spirit of the Earth.
Hello Sir. ^_^
Dao, this is Tiernan. He's a phoenix.
* Tiernan waves to Dao happily ^_^
But I'm not sure...
Don't be shy now Dao! ^_^
Dao makes a weird grunting noise and dissipates back to his plain of
* Indigo slaps him on the back and moves off to let them talk.
* Tiernan 's face falls.
He didn't like me....
Dao, you apologize right now!
* Tiernan 's entire body seems to droop
Dao doesn't have much to say to anyone Tyr. Don't take it personally
Focus. C'mon. Town. You know you wanna go to the town. Do that Inn thang.
Okay Kodah....but still. :/
Neptune is more personable....
* Dal patpats Tyr. "Don't worry... I heard elementals aren't very sympathetic..."
* Tiernan walks along with David.
this place...there's something about this island..I don't know what it is.
* Indigo frowns and stomps towards town.
How come? :/ Everyone should be nice to others...like you are!
* Kodah walks after Tyr
* Reisha pats David on the back.
Yeah.. the Inn thing. :P
Zoie seems to have dissapeared from the party.
When you're nice to me...I feel good. I want everyone to feel that way too.
* Dal sweats... "Um... we can't always be nice to everyone... but ah... I'll always be
nice to you..."
well, maybe when we finish this mission, our fight will bring peace to everyone,
* Dal sweats more.
* Tiernan smiles. ^_^
* Reisha goes hunting for that town..
Well, I know you can't be nice all the time...but most of the time. :)
* David follows Rei, deciding everyone else are nuts
* Jess looks at Darin. "Is something wrong?"
* Reisha glances sidelong at David. "Well at least I'm not the only sane one here.." ^^
* Kodah plods along quietly after the group
* David winks at Rei. "Never said I was sane. I just know when to follow a beautiful
* Jess follows rei and David.
The town is already noticeable in the distance... It seems to be alive with
populace at its outer edges.
^_^ I hope we get something good to eat. I'm hungry.
same here, Tyr. Same here.
* Reisha grins fiendishly for a minute. "Don't you know it!" :)
* Kodah tries to stifle the sound of his stomach growligng
* Dal 's mind goes "$Cha-ching!$" when he thinks of how much he can filch from all
* David brushes his hair out of his eyes, a spring in his step..
* Tiernan hums lightly under his breath
* Jess tries to shake the sudden feelings of dread in her mind. "What is it about this
place that gives me these feelings?" she thinks to herself.
So....anyone read any good books lately?
What's a book?
Only spellbooks, David. Been trying to learn how to cast healing magic.
* Darin looks at Jess.. "You ok?""
Well....hmm..you don't know what a book is....hold on..
It's a bunch of papers with stuff written on them bound together...
Well.. I haven't touched many books lately.. that dust in them is murder on my
* David slips a small pack off his back and rummages through it while walking...
Oh! That's right! You read off them.
Like that map we found! ^_^ But that's a big picture.
The town draws closer and closer... Children can be seen running around...
Parents scolding... A normal little town.
don't know, darin. This island. The elemental spirits seem to be shouting in
my mind. I can't quite place why, though.
* Tiernan flexes his wings happily.
* Darin hugs Jess.
* Kodah looks gloomily at the town
* David finds a nice big book
* David offers it to Tyr
Cheer up Kodah! You look as sad as the Earth :/
* Reisha has a stray thought about home for a second.. back in Anapest..
* Tiernan looks at the book
What is this about?
* Kodah gives Tyr a half-grin
* Tiernan blinks
History of the Dark Dragon. ^_^
* David closes the pack and reshoulders it..
The sunlight warms the Force as they head towards the town...
* Tiernan thumbs through it.
* David nods and casually slips an arm around Rei's waist...
Wow.. never thought you were the intellectual type, davey.. :P
Hey...I'm not just all muscle, you know...
* Jess just walks along silently, clinging to Darin.
* Reisha pokes his head playfully a few times and walks on with him.
* Darin walks silently alongside Jess, his arm around her waist.
..." However, fate was against them, and Darksol revived the demon named Dark
* Tiernan reads from the book to himself...
* David chuckles..
Tyr, was that the story of the last shining Force? Or the First?
I got that from the castle of Granseal....they let me take supplies...
However, the Shining Force defeated Darksol and Max, armed with the Chaos
Breaker, was able to reseal Dark Dragon... at a price.
Oh! The first! Hey! The Shining Force is us, isn't it? ^_^
that's what they say.
As the Shining Force arrives near the town, a woman spots them. Others
slowly turn around as she calls out her noticing of visitors from the west of the
Yep...apparently so. ^_-
Um, I guess...
That's the rumor
Here you can take everything and you bring a book along...
* Tiernan puts the book into his satchel.
* Reisha is cut short by the woman's calls.
* Dal blinks.
Looks like we've been spotted
* David smirks and eyes the woman..
Hello Miss! ^_^
talk about a flair for the obvious.
The townspeople gather to greet the Force...
The woman that spotted them is the first to speak.
* David lazily strokes Rei's side before letting his arm fall away and crossing both of
them over his chest..
* Jess smiles at the people.
* Tiernan wants to read that book again. :)
Welcome, strangers. ^_^ My my, aren't we lucky... We haven't gotten
any visitors in years. And now, we get three groups in one day. ^_^
Three? Who else came?
Three you say? ^^
* Tiernan fluffs his wings curiously, the orange and red shining brightly in the
.oO(this is all too strange. It's as if someone has been following us, and made
it here before we did.)
* The woman blinks.. "Why yes.. An odd, moody fellow wearing a weird robe showed up
this morning... And a horseman after that.... Odd fellow... *blinks* Much like this
one. *points to Johei*
and probably Jeyer too.