Shining Force RPG 2 session 18
===== SESSION START =====
A day has passed... This is the presumed morning after the Shining Force's
capture... They are in a cell of horridly small proportions... Two guards wait by the
door, playing a game of cards...
* Tiernan is asleep, his head resting on Dal's leg.
* Jess stays as close to Darin as she can get.
* David sits leaned against a wall while sitting on the floor....he is, of course,
right next to Rei. ^^;
* Dal sighs and watches Tyr sleep, the only thing he can do aside from totally going
* Reisha is leaning against the wall near David, brooding as she awakens and recalls
her situation. "Damn it.. damn it.. damn it.."
* David looks at Rei, eyes still half shadowed from the day before... "What?"
* Jess closes her eyes. "Why did I have to start casting? I got you all into this."
* Sasha sleeps peacefully.
Yeah, right Jess. Who's the leader here, huh? HUH? Me.
* David glares at Jess.
So be quiet.
No, it's me... I shouldn'tve tried to get David's money back.
you're also not the one they recognized as a magician, David.
* Darin holds Jess close.. "Its ok, Jess, you didn't know."
* Zoie sits on the floor and meditates
* Tiernan mumbles in his sleep, sounding frightened.
* David growls and seemingly gets the same look as yesterday... "It was my fault. I am
the leader. It was my fault. And I'll get us out of here."
* David 's eyes are narrowed and he looks psycho.. -_-
* Dal doesn't press the situation further, seeing David looks rather ticked/psycho. ^^;
* Tiernan curls up tighter into a ball, which isn't much tighter since he had to curl
up into a ball anyway to fit in the cell.
* The guard laughs loudly and starts to cough. "DAMN this flu season."
* Darin just continues to hold Jess close.
* David stands and approaches the bars... "Hey. You. With the cough."
Stop ...Gerad.....stop it....stop it....
* Dal looks at Tyr, concerned...
* Jess hides the locket in her shirt.
* The guard turns around... "Yeah you... The blonde freak with a bad temper."
* Sasha sleeps!
* Reisha cocks her head to the guard at that comment.
Dal...get...get...NO! Stop....everyone....get up... Gerad.. stop...
hurting.... stop it...
* Dal shakes Tyr awake gently... "Tyr..."
* David bristles but seemingly keeps cool. "Anyone ever tell you you look like the
rotted behind of a centaur?"
It's a nightmare, don't worry...
* Tiernan opens his eyes.
* Tiernan sits up, rubbing his eyes.
* The guard gets up. "OH YEAH?? OH FUCKING YEAH?? Hah! Who cares? :P"
Yeah, for now... are you okay?
I...I think so....
Mmm. Just what I thought. You don't have the balls. What is it these days with
guards anyway? ^_-
Did your mommy bite them off?
* Darin looks at Jess.. then blinks at David..
* The guard turns to the gaming table and dumps his cards on the table... "Full house."
* Reisha joins David by the bars. "Nah.. that'd be too good for him.." :P
* Dal winces and prepares himself for the ritualistic "shit's gonna happen".
* Tiernan crawls to the bars, watching the two guards play cards.
What are you two doing?
* Johei paces
* Jess looks at Darin. "I can't let them recognize me. Hassan isn't far to the west of
my actual home."
The other guard chuckles... "Ahh freaks... Gotta love em. 4 kings, By the
* David leans against the bars now and looks over at Rei..
What are you two doing?
Please answer me.
* Darin hugs Jess close. "It's ok.. "
Tyr, shh... they're bad... and they're playing cards. Once we get out of this,
I'll teach you how to play...
Uhh... We're playing a game of poker.
Piss off, kid.
Piss...oh that must be another bad word.
* Tiernan hmms.
I won't let anything happen to you while I live, Jess.. I promise you that.
* Tiernan sticks up his middle finger. "^_^ Did I do this right, everyone?"
Was this the appropriate time to do it?
The guard chuckles... "Yeh.. Bad word."
* Dal sweatdrops. ^^;
* Jess eyes the guard's cards, trying her best to summon up enough fire power to ignite
* Tiernan crawls back to Dal.
* Darin blinks at Tier when he realizes what he did.
This is impossible... we should be saving the world from the bad demons and we
were trapped by thieves. =/
* David crosses his arms almost protectively across his chest..
== Jess' magic powers are drained. The spell fails.
This shouldn't happen to heroes, should it? =/
Sorry....people are blinking at me again. I must have done it wrong.
Hey! Uglies! You know it's me you want, so why're keeping these other freaks
* David 's look darkens further...
.oO(Great. My magic is my only defense. Without it..I'm...)
* The guard turns around. "Are you kidding me, Dal? PLEASE. Stop trying to play good
little hero and sit the fuck down."
Tyr, I was blinking because of the .. courage .. you had to do that to them.
You know these freaks of nature, Dal?
No, seriously, they're incompetent putzes. They're not worth hanging onto.
We have to get out of here...
What if we explain that we're all heroes and that we have stuff to do..?
Maybe they would let us out! =D
* Jess looks at Darin. "You'll really need to protect me now Sir Darin. I cannot use my
* Dal whispers to Rei. "Yeah, unfortunately."
* David walks further into the cell, slumping down into a corner and watching the
others from there.
Incompetent? They're the Shining Force... Are you dumb? Did your magic turn
your brain to mush??"
Nah, you just haven't seen them in action. Trust me, they suck... Listen, I have
a deal for you...
Deal? I'm listenin'.
You let these freaks out, I go to Hassan freely.
No trouble, no shit happening.
* Reisha watches Dal, hanging on his words.
HAH! Pathetic deal. I get nothing out of this. Forget it, shrimp.
Hey, I can fight well. =/
* Dal hopes that Tyr won't pick up his swearing. ^^;
* Darin hugs Jess closer and whispers "Don't worry.. they'll have to kill me before
they'll touch a hair on your head."
Ergh... if only I could blast this bunch of pathetic pigs... -_-
* Sasha mutters and wakes up slowlyh
my sentiments exactly, Reisha.
* Reisha tries casting bolt...
* Dal chuckles. "You didn't let me finish... you know I was damn good back when I was
in the guild. What makes you think that that legendary horde of gold I was keeping is
gone? You could have it all."
Ugh... what the hell happened?
You got shocked....
And I used my magic to save you....
All. Of. It.
You weren't breathing....
Mmm..... thank's Tyr,
Horde? Hah. I want proof, kid.
We're in a cell. :/
I don't know why either.
Well hell, I can't damn show you when I'm locked up with nowhere to go. Let the
freaks out first, then I'll show ya.
Hmph, I'll get us outta here.
You know what? I'm almost tempted to... But I'll get my ass killed by the
* Jess looks around. "It's because they tried to rob David, Tyr. I started to cast a
spell and they recognized me as a magician. That's why we're here."
Oh....but it's not David's fault or anyone's!
* David twitches and hunches lower into the corner..
David is a good leader!
* Dal reaches in his pocket and pulls out a ruby, and throws it at the guard. "More
where that came from, fellah."
I believe in him...he'll get us out!
And even if he can't...I still believe in him...because he wants to change
I shouldn't have started that spell.
* The guard catches it... "You got guts, freak... I'll give you that..."
C'mon... it's worth to take a *little* risk for this kind of loot...
* Dal winks. ;)
* David says nothing, just looking down.
* The guard moves to the door to open it...
* Darin sighs at Jess softly..unknowing what more to say.. or what more to do other
than hold her.
* Reisha grabs some of the bars, and starts pulling in futility. :P
* Dal whispers softly to the others... "Get ready..."
* Reisha turns her head.
* Jess nods.
A voice from the door makes itself heard. "FOOL! He has NOTHING. Step away
from the door. NOW."
Ow! :( He's got a loud voice.
The man jumps back as though pushed...
How did I know that was going to happen?
What was that?
A richly decorated man walks in and glares at Dal... "tsk tsk, boy... I
thought I taught you to be more... Persuasive."
. o O (Fuck.)
* Zoie looks up
* Tiernan crawls up to the bars, looking at the newcomer. "Who are you?"
* Zoie stands up
* Jess looks at the man. "Who is this one?"
Are you here to take us out?
* Dal glares at the man. "Piss off, you son of a bitch."
* Zoie glares intently at the man
* Reisha looks at the man, obviously loaded. "Who the hell are you?"
Are you going to hurt Dal? I won't let you if you are!
The man grins... "Oh come now, Dal... Is that a way to treat your mentor?"
* Darin glares at the newcomer.
* David stands slowly but just remains silent, eyes narrowed at the man.
My name is Bryann of Hassan... I am the guildmaster of Hassan's thieve's guild
and ruler of Blyght.
Fuck off. Just because I have magic and more balls than you could ever have
doesn't make me cannon fodder.
* Dal O_O;
Please don't hurt him!
Why do you do this to him? Just because he knows magic? Magic can help
Yeah.. what do you got against magic.. :P
What does this town have against magicians?
* Darin tries to keep Jess somewhat hidden by shadows..
Oh come now... Since when have you been so insulting in nature?
Ever since you put a 100,000 gold bounty on my ass. =p
* Bryann starts to growl.. "Magic is a plague on this earth. It MUST be dealt with. We
are the ONLY ones that actually see this."
I can't use magic. ^_^
As for your bounty, since you left, it has been raised to 1,000,000.
I refuse to take part in this... I will resist and die if neccessary.
magic? A Plague?
* Reisha smirks. "I think pompous guys like you are a plague of this Earth.. what's
your point?" :P
* David places his hands over Sasha's ears :P
It's not a plauge! It's people like you who are! People who kill innocents
without a thought! People like you!
Johei: There are those of us that can. Like Reisha, Zoie, Tiernan and myself
Look, they have nothing to do with this. Let'em go, and I'll let you kill me or
whatever the fuck you want me to do.
<< heh >>
Now what would be the fun in THAT?
Please, Dal... Spare me!
* David gently pushes his way to the front of the bars and loops his hands around them.
"You need a tic tac."
* Darin suddenly shivers.. and puts his pendant under his shirt.
. o O (No, spare *me*. =p)
* Jess gets a real frightened expression. .oO(Just what does he mean by "fun"?)
* Bryann turns to David and spits in his face... "Yes... I guess I do."
* Zoie sits back down on the floor and places her hands on her knees and closes her
Hey, punk bitch, let us go or I'll kick your stupid hairy red ass!
* Tiernan sighs and slumps against the bars, giving up hope.
* David licks the spit off and raises an eyebrow at Bryann. "Like a llama. So whats the
plan here, loser?"
* Reisha growls at the man after mocking David.
The plan, my fine freak boy, is to burn you at the stake. Marvelous, is it
* Jess looks at darin.
* Tiernan looks up. "NO!"
MM. couldn't you be more inventive? I'd like to die with some finesse.
* Darin gets a dark, fierce fire in his eyes.
You and what army!
* Tiernan crawls to Dal and puts his hands around him protectively. "I won't let you!
How creative. Did you read that in your little kiddy books?
No no no! I won't let you do that!
hmmm, burn like witches eh?
Give me my sword and I'll beat you in fair combat!
Tyr... shh, don't worry...
* Zoie stands up..
No, Dal... Actually. I thought it would be ironic to destroy you with a taste
of your own medicine...
No...I won't let you die...
don't burn him
* David eyes the man.
I dare you to, I don't think you have the guts
* Darin blinks.. "Zoie??"
Zoie, no... I'm the one he wants... =p
* Bryann smirks... "How endearing. The boy loves you, Dal. Oh! And the priest woman
also! Such a merry little bunch."
stay out of this Dal
I know what I'm doing
* Reisha tries reaching her hands outside of the bars. "I'll show you merry.. you..."
* Tiernan glares at the man, anger being seen on his face for, quite possibly, the
Yeah, 'cause I'm more likable than your ass-face could ever be. =p
ENOUGH. You shall all burn in the town square at sunset.
like I said you don't have the guts to try it
Just you try! As soon as I'm out of here, I'll teach you evil thieves a lesson!
I can't burn! ^_^
Have a nice... Last moment of life.
I'm a phoenix ^_^
* Reisha tries to summon up a bolt spell at Bryan, hands outstretched..
* Tiernan hopes that's the truth. ^_^;
* Bryann turns on his heels and leaves quickly.
life doesn't end at death... just remember that Hassan
* Dal clams Tyr's mouth shut. "Shh, it might be our only hope."
It's not fair! They can't do this stuff!
* David leans his forehead on the bars.
* Tiernan 's mouth is clamped
* Darin looks at Jess...praying that Zoie does know what she's doing.. and pulls Jess
I mean... we have to have a chance! They're not fighting fairly!
* Jess looks at Darin.
They never do. =p
* Reisha follows David's example. "It's no use.."
* Tiernan 's mouth is still clamped shut ^_^;;
But they can't do that! =/
* Dal takes his hand off Tyr's mouth. ^^;
* David slides a hand over to Rei's and squeezes it gently.
Dal....but if I live....what about you?
nobody is going to die...
Tiernan, if our magic gets restored by sunset, I can create water using my
Why would it be?
... look, none of you are gonna die... 'cause we're gonna escape... somehow.
for some odd reason, inside this cell, we can't use magic. I wonder how they
sealed magic if they don't use it.
* Zoie sits down again and closes her eyes and starts to talk softly to herself
* Reisha tenses her hand as David's touch them, sighing gloomily. "This is not
You know you people really need to lighten up!
We're going to make it, trust me on this.
* Dal punches the nearest wall. "Sure, we will."
We're the Shining Force after all.
I don't even have my daggers...
Zoie said that none of us are going to die.. I say we trust her word.
The guards yawn... "Let's bail for a few... There's no way they can escape
And we can beat up these people when we get out!
We can't be defeated by being burned, come on its rediculous.
and every kingdom in the world except for Granseal and Guardiana.
* Tiernan coughs.
* Reisha checks her cape's hidden pockets just to make sure.
and every kingdom in the world except for Granseal and Guardiana is after us for
some odd reason. :P
Yeh... I'm hungry... Let's go fetch some grub.
* The guards leave.
weapons are but an extention of your soul... think of it that way, why should a
dagger make you any more or less couragous or willing to fight this.
Hey! Bring me a piece!
Zoie.. what am I supposed to do with no weapons and no magic..?
Dal.....is the world a bad place?
* David's eyes get a sudden gleam to them as he gets an idea... "Dal..." He whispers
lowly, almost inaudibly....his tone is oddly vacant..
A small spider scuttles into the cell...
my sentiments exactly, Reisha. My magic is my only defense. I don't even have
Tyr, it isn't. There's just some bad people in it.
Reisha: why should you need them? if you believe in yourself anythign is
Could you pick the lock on this cell?
I've been in worser situations than this....
* Darin eyes the spider...
If you had the right instrument?
Can't think of anything right now.
I could if I had my lockpicks. =p
* Reisha remains silent at that...
* Zoie puts her hand out near the spider and waits for it to walk onto it
......Rei? Are you still wearing the hairclip?
«ooc: The spider humps Zoie »
* Sasha pulls out a bobby pin that keeps her hair in a bun
Will this work?
The spider crawls on Zoie's hand and stops there.
* Sasha hands it to Dal.
* Darin looks at Zoie... and the spider..
* Dal takes the pin and tries to pick the lock...
* Zoie moves her hand closer to herself and looks at the spider
* Reisha turns to david. "yeah.. are you going to try it as a pick again?"
so little fella.. come to say hello?
Gimme that other one, too... two picks always work better...
I wish I had my notepad....
* Jess looks around wondering what's going on.
I could draw...drawing makes me feel better...
The spider looks back... His eyes staring coldly at Zoie...
* Reisha remoevs it from her hair and chucks it at Dal. "Go for it.. not like I can
lose anything else.."
* David looks at Dal and then to Rei, suddenly wrapping his arms around her waist
protectively. "Hey. We'll get out of this. You're not dying on my shift."
that's ok fella I didn't expect you could answer
C'mon, damn you... friggin' rusted lock...
* Dal takes the pick and keeps working...
* Tiernan waits.
The lock clicks...
al right, Dal!
* Reisha runs her eyes over David. "Where have I heard that before..?" ^^
* Dal hands back the hairpins. "Let's get the hell out of here..."
The spider leaps off Zoie's hand and starts to change shape...
* Darin smiles
* David winks at Rei and squeezes her before releasing her. "Lets roll."
* David freezes and looks towards the spider.
* Darin looks back over at Zoie.. and the .. spider?
The body reforms into Jeyer...
* Reisha affixes it back in it's golden home, and is about to take a step out when
suddenly she spots Jeyer.
I wouldn't try to escape if I were you.. *sends a quick glare at Kodah..*
Not him again..
look, if we don't get out of here, we're as good as dead.
And why is that, Sir Jeyer?
What?! Thanks, but I'd rather not be extra-crispy. =p
O_o Who are you?
He's Jeyer, a major pain in the neck.
* Jeyer snickers... "You wanna try escaping? Fine... Open that wooden door over there
* David blocks the cell door's path so it can't be closed again without someone moving
* Sasha pockets the bobby pin and walks on out of the cell and stretches
* Johei trots outside, looking for a weapon
and what would you suggest we do? Just wait to get barbecued?
* Tiernan follows everyone else, blinking at Jeyer...a lot O_o
No weapons can be spotted.
* Zoie stays
Just what are you trying to pull, Jeyer?
* David looks wary and opens the other door, the way out..
I don't think I want these thieves feasting on barbecued Jessica Sorenson
What am I trying to pull? I'm trying to help your ungreatful asses like I
always do. If you don't want my help and want to try to escape, fine. I'll leave.
* Darin stays..
* Jeyer starts to cast a teleportation spell.
wait. Let's hear his plan.
Oh now you wanna trust good ol' Jeyer? How sweet...
* Dal hangs onto Jeyer.
* Reisha takes a few steps out of the cell, cautiously. "Somehow I know we're not going
to like this... "
I am always open to suggestions, Jeyer.
Why are you so angry, Mister Jeyer....I see.....something....wrong...in your
eyes.....it scares me...
fools, remember who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows.
As the door opens, David spots around 20 other locked gates, all more
complicated than the other... After a little investigation, tons of trap holes can be
* Dal peeks.
What is your plan, Jeyer?
* Jeyer glances at Tyr and snickers..
This is all so complicated..
Ninjas of Hassan, Thieves of Hassan...jeez.
What's out there, David? Welcoming party?
Why are you laughing at me like that?
Lots of fun. Mainly, locks. Traps. A lot of each.
That doesn't sound reassuring.. ^^
* Jeyer turns around and looks at the party... "Now. Stay in the cell. And learn to
trust me. I'll get you people out of here.. As much as I hate saving Kodah also..
You hate Kodah? Why?
* David smirks and closes the door, wandering back into the cell.
Just wait until sunset..
He's my friend....
* Dal looks skeptical.
trust is not something that you can ask freely, you must earn it
* Jeyer growls softly as he hears Tyr speak..
How do these guys get out?
What's wrong with you?
* Reisha heads back to the cell, begrudingly. "I guess we have no choice here.."
* David leans against the wall, eyeing Jeyer and recalling the stories his mother told
Zoie.. I have been helping this party since.. Agh. Trust me or not. It's your
loss. I'll be waiting with my plan at sunset.. Until then..
I am not going back into that cell.
* Tiernan takes a step towards Jeyer, looking concered, and not knowing Jeyer is a
pigheaded bastard :p
Why do you hate Kodah....? He's a good man.
I've compassion for strangers, an affinity for danger, won't you be my
* Jeyer glances at Kodah, Tyr then gazes at David for a few second before teleporting
away without an answer to Tyr's question..
* Darin stays where he is, near Zoie, still holding Jess.
* Tiernan sighs. "He's got so much...much...anger..."
He has his reasons.
* Tiernan steps back into the cell with everyone else.
That guy is a load of trouble..
We trust him.
* Sasha mutters and heads back into the cell.
* David closes the cell door.
* Dal sighs.
* Reisha folds her arms, back to the cell bars.
I am going to stay put, if I burn I burn, what's the worst that can happen, I'l
die and my soul will come back and haunt them for eternity.
* David sits down again, leaning back onto the wall.....he gazes up at the ceiling..
* Tiernan coughs a bit and sinks down against a wall.
* Reisha tries sparking a few more magicks again..
How are you, Tyr?
* Dal sits down next to Tyr...