Shining Force RPG 2 session 19
===== SESSION START =====
The Shining Force exits Blyght... Seeing as though the town is now one giant
grave... Sasha leaving for other adventures, the Shining Force moves on trying to find
a new town to rest and replenish their now utterly spent energy...
* Reisha trudges onward...
* Jess looks around for some sort of weapon to defend herself, as her magic is still
* Tiernan rubs his eyes, silently walking along...
* Kodah plods along, not looking overly enthusiastic
* Indigo wanders about dazedly.
* David stalks ahead in front of the group, eyes narrowed and AmeShi clenched in
hand...he has been silent since the stake incident...
Why...did...why did Sashie leave?
I don't know...
And you just realized this now, Indi? ^^
But maybe she's going to find her dream now...
we all have to make our own way in life, Indi. Looks like she is going hers
* David keeps an eye out for danger...
* Tiernan holds his head. "My head hurts..."
and here I can't even cast. If we get attacked, I can do absolutely nothing.
* Zoie puts her hand on Tiernan's shoulder.
I fear for her. The curse will get her.
* Indigo looks tired, drained.
Indigo, Sasha is a resilient woman. She'll find her own way, with or without
that damn curse. Trust me.
Tier: focus on the road ahead not the pain.
* David just continues to trudge ahead, walking slightly ahead of everyone else as if
to avoid them...
* Jess latches onto Darin. "What's on your mind, sir knight?"
The northern coast slowly shows signs of life...
When it does...I fear she'll be blasted to dust or something. No one of our
family has ever successfully defied the curse.
* Tiernan focuses on the road, his vision going in and out of focus...like he has a
* Darin shakes his head softly...
Curse smurse... Anyone can be big if they want to...
* David clenches his sword harder and tenses slightly...
That Sasha's got the spirit, I'll give her that. ^^
* Zoie reaches in her pouch and pulls out an herb and hands it to Tiernan "chew on
* Reisha smiles wryly.
What is it?
Just chew it... it'll help the pain.
It's not that, it's just... I've heard stories about relatives of mine who
tried to defy the curse. They usually met grisly, ugly ends.
* Tiernan puts it in his mouth and chews, wincing a bit on the bitter flavor...
* Reisha then looks to David.
* Indigo stumbles on.
* David is pale and his eyes burn with a dark fire...he continues to stalk ahead,
though tensed and ready for anything...
Hmm...That's funny...It didn't help...
That's funny it should have.
* Reisha draws closer to him. "David... you all right...?"
It's okay...I just need to lay down and sleep! ^_^
Guess your body doesn't react the same to the herbs
you look distant, Darin. Is everything OK?
* Darin looks at Jess at his side... seemingly in thought.
* Kodah keeps to himself, feeling very angry and confused
What's on your mind, Darin? You were looking like something was bothering you.
* David slows a little to look at Rei, warring emotions in his eyes... pain and
* Indigo stumbles badly, leaning on her staff.
* Reisha lets her look soften a bit.
...Ow...it really, really hurts...
* Tiernan holds his head.
Hey... ease up, David. We're out of the kitchen now... no cooked heroes this
Yeah...but who says that's what's wrong.
I hate to use spells...unless absolutely necessary Tier, but you are in a lot of
pain so I shall.
* Reisha flashes him a genuine smile. :)
* Darin shakes his head... to clear it... "I'm... I'm OK, Jess... really..."
No...No please save it...
* David 's eyes brighten a little...
Well, I know what's wrong... you think too much. ^^
All right, Darin. But if something's bothering you, please tell me.
No you need to have this done.
If we get into a fight...you'll need your magic. I'll be okay.
* David tilts his head... "I think too much, mmm?"
* Zoie closes her eyes and chants to herself. When she is done chanting, a blue light
Let Mitula cure your wounds and comfort your weariness! Heal!
* Reisha winks her left eye demurely. "Yep... that's gotta be it."
* Tiernan stops for a moment, seeing if his headache goes away.
== Zoie casts Heal lv. 1 on Tiernan... The spell force heals Tyr, but
backfires and fizzles away...
* Kodah raises an eye at Tyr and Zoie, wondering what they're going on about
* Tiernan blinks...
Think too much, and you'll drown in all those "what ifs" and "I should'ves"...
We need to find a town and fast. I think we can all use a rest after what we've
just been through.
What...? But your heal spells always work...
* Darin nods in agreement with Jess.
* David gets a little playfulness in his look now and reaches out to touch Rei's
shoulder. "If I drown in your presence, then I drown a happy man."
I'm tired too Tiernan
* Zoie falls to the ground.
Let me try.
* Tiernan helps Zoie to her feet.
Hey, what's going on over there?
Neptune, Elemental of Water, sprinkle Zoie to awaken her.
Thanks Tier... just a little dizzy.
* Reisha hangs an arm around him playfully as well. "Then get your life rafts ready...
I'm a damned ocean...hehe..." ^_^
* Reisha sombers up after that.
I think we're all spent Zoie. One reason we need to find a friendly town. Key
word being friendly.
== Neptune is summoned... A small cloud appears over Zoie's head and starts
to pour water on her...
So where are we going now, anyhow?
* Kodah glares at the cloud.
Can't we camp out for the night, everyone?
* Tiernan, standing next to Zoie, also gets wet O_o
* David is now smiling and nods to Rei... "I don't know, actually...I suppose we could
Now I have a headache -_-
* Zoie looks up... and glares over at Indigo... "I didn't need to be drenched."
* Tiernan stumbles back, shivering.
* Dal is asleep on his feet. ^^;
* Zoie puts her cloak over Tiernan
I know how to make camp! They taught me that! =D
...I don't even want to know. :/
Thank you Zoie...
They? They who?
I told Neptune to sprinkle you.
* Reisha runs a hand through her hair... "Last time we did that I was getting dirt out
of my clothes for days... ^^;
I need to sit down...
The masters that taught me the code of the knight, of course! ^_^
And other places too, I suppose hmm? ^_-
* David grins a little and then looks back to the group. "Okay, we set up camp!"
* Tiernan holds his head again, looking a bit washed out.
* Reisha snickers. "Now where is your mind at, Mr. Leader?" ;)
And after years and years.... I've learned to kill demons with one blow! Swish!
Like that! =D
* Indigo collapses.
* Dal nearly dies of relief. "Good. I need sleep after all that mess..."
* Darin nods... and looks at Jess.
* Jess sits down. "Great. We can use a rest."
And Tier, I want to talk to you...later, alone.
* Zoie sits down kneeling basically and closes her eyes.
...Me? Okay David...
* David raises an eyebrow at Rei but lets that go unanswered ^_-
* Darin sits next to Jess.
Can I sleep for a little while?
Sure, Tier...get some rest, you all deserve it.
I'll keep guard around the camp...
* Johei hmms and looks around.
* Dal lies down on the ground and falls asleep in almost a second, snoring away.
* Jess lies down, dozing quickly into sleep.
* Tiernan practically collapses on the ground.
* Darin nods at David, smiling slightly, and curls himself around Jess protectively.
* Kodah sits down on a nearby rock and stares at the sky for a while, as if looking for
* David nods and saunters off a little to lean against a large stone...he leans his
sword to the ground and looks around..
We need trees to make an outer perimeter, and... we need to set up a watch
Who's got an axe? =D
* Zoie falls over not able to keep her balance even kneeling anymore
Johei...go to sleep. ^_-
* Reisha tries reaching for her bedroll that is stored away, and unfurls it. "Well...
they say the night air is good for you complexion.." ^^
* Tiernan's face looks a bit pale, but he's sleeping peacefully enough. ^_^
But the defenses! The defenses! If we don't make an outer perimeter, the other
army might catch us off guard during the night!
* David watches Rei, some emotion flickering through his eyes...
* Kodah gives up watching the skies and watches Tyr sleep instead
Now David... you see something that will beat the crap out of you, call me
first this time, all right? :)
Johei! There are no other armies! Go! Sleep! I'll build a fire!
Yes ma'am. ^_-
Right away ^_-
... you're right. o_o;
I can go cut up some trees to make a fire then!
Oh goddess... okay okay...if you insist...be careful. And don't go too far
* Kodah wraps his cloak around himself to keep out the chill
Don't worry! No demon stands a chance against the powers of good. =)
* Tiernan begins to shiver slightly, since he's sopping wet :p
Yeah...no chance at all
* Johei trots over to a tree and starts hacking away at it with his sword.
* Reisha sighs, and lies down for the night.
* Jess can be heard murmuring something in her sleep...it's barely audible and no one
can make out what she's saying.
* David rolls his eyes and laughs softly before glancing at Kodah. "Kodah...go to
sleep. That's an order from the Shining Force leader or something. Go. Sleep. Rest."
Hack, slash, hack, slash, like butter! Timbeerrr! ^_^»
Zzzzzzzz... *SHNORR*... I wish I could score... Zzzzzzz...
* Kodah slides a glance at David, "Sleep huh? Would it surprise you to know that I'm
* David stretches, his muscles twitching under his tunic... "No, Kodah...but you do
need rest like everyone else...if not sleep, then just relax for once."
I am resting.
* Johei looks at his tree.
Good boy. ;)
* David rubs his hands together, feeling a chill run through him...
I need fire...
* Jess continues to murmur incoherently.
* Johei looks around...
* Tiernan wakes up, shivering.
I need fire.
What's up Tyr?
* Johei nods.
* David settles his gaze on Tier. "Yeah?"
* Jess gets up in a cold sweat. "Not again."
* Darin murmurs in his sleep... curling closer to Jess.
I...I don't know.
My head feels full. :/
But anyway...David...did you want to talk to me?
I... need... fire... hmm...
I know! Indigo can light it! ^_^
Then chop some wood, Johei. I'll make the darn fire.
* David looks thoughtful, considering his words...
I am, after all, a magician.
* Reisha tries to get to sleep with all that darn chopping.. :p
Could you walk with me a bit?
* Johei proudly shows Jess the tree he chopped down. ^_^
* Tiernan stands up, slowly walking towards David.
^_^ Where do you want to go?
* Jess chants softly. "Mars, light this tree a blaze and bring us it's soothing
warmth." She points toward the tree with her right hand.
* David nods and smiles, standing...he trots away from the group at Tyr's side...
"Anywhere...just away for a few minutes... I need to discuss stuff with you..."
* Kodah watches Tyr and David walk off, then returns to his glum musings
* Johei jumps away from the tree! O_o
David...what's going on...you seem...sad lately :/
* Jess lies back down with Darin. "What is with that dream? Why now?"
* David chuckles softly. "Personal problems. You know my head is full just like yours.
In fact, that's what I need to talk to you about..."
Let's go talk near the sea. ^^ I like the sea...it's...um...well...it's nice
Okay...go ahead. ^_^ I'll listen.
* Darin blinks awake... suddenly noticing Jess' movements.
* Tiernan fluffs his wings.
* Johei walks around the camp restlessly.
* David nods and heads towards the nearest exit to the sea... "Well...okay...one of
these times when you wake up...maybe tomorrow...I might not be there...and I want you
to take care of the group.."
* Indigo snores.
what I'm asking is that...well, you lead the group...I want you to be the
* Dal snores louder. ;)
In my absence.
Where are you going?
Outer perimeter... defense... hmm... bush...
Nowhere...I'm just saying...if one day I'm gone just suddenly....
You'll be back...right?
Sure...but I hope that never happens! ^_^
* Jess tries to get back to sleep. She closes her eyes and dozes right off.
You're a good leader...and friend...I'd miss you a lot :/
...I don't know if people like me...Sasha left...if you left...then it must
* Darin curls himself back around Jess.
* David tilts his head to look at the sky... "No...Its not you..."
But please don't go anytime soon. Never...if you can help it ^_^
* David nods... "Could you do me another favor?"
* David seems lost for words. ^^;
I...I need you to...protect Rei..
I mean...if I leave...I mean..
Oh! Of course! I try to protect everyone anyway...
You're the only friends I have....
* Johei settles down underneath a tree, unhooking somewhat his armor for comfort.
* David smiles at Tyr, eyes warm... "Tyr, you're a great friend."
Really? ^_^ So are you!
* David chuckles and puts a hand on Tyr's shoulder. "And I want you to try and get more
rest...because you seem ill lately.."
...I know. I don't know why either. :/
I hope I get better soon. I don't want to be a burden...
I know...but you aren't a burden....just get some rest. ^_^
Okay David. ^_^ You too. I'm gonna go back to bed....
* David nods. ^_^
Night David. ^_^
Good night, Tyr. :)
* Tiernan begins to walk back to his bedroll, waves, then continues...but he's holding
his head again as he lays down...
* David goes back to his rock...
* Jess appears restless.
* Reisha is sleeping peacefully... but her face seems awash with emotion.
* David leans against the rock...
* Narrator kicks everyone until they pass out.
* David stands up when everyone is asleep and approaches Rei briefly, leaning down to
kiss her forehead softly...he straightens to look down at her..
* Reisha seems to calm down as David kisses her...
* David murmurs... "I'm sorry as well..."
* David leans down to his bedroll and grabs his pack...he shoulders it and looks
* David takes a deep breath and trudges off into the darkness...
The Shining Force sleeps peacefully but for one member... David leaves the
Shining Force for unknown reasons while his companions sleep.... The night passes and
the morning sun peaks over the horizon....
* Tiernan sleeps like a dead weight...
* Jess awakens, after a restless night of trying to sleep.
* Kodah is already awake, resting in one of the nearby (non-burning) trees
* Tiernan wakes up slowly, blearily...
* Jess walks over to the sea and washes her face with the waters. "Why did that have to
come to me last night?"
* Darin slowly opens his eyes.
* Reisha does the whole morning thing, waking up. ^^
My headache's gone...but...I feel groggy...
* Darin looks around ... spots Jess, and walks over to her..
* Dal still snores.
* Reisha yawns, stretching.
Morning Tyr. I don't mean to be rude but you don't look much better than
* Johei is up and about, pacing around the camp.
My headache went away...but I still feel sleepy...
* Jess looks down at her reflection.
How are you, Kodah? ^_^
Dunno, last I saw of him he was heading off with you
* Reisha looks at Tiernan. "Didn't he go off with you last night or something..?"
...You mean you haven't seen him since?
Last I saw...he was by that rock...and I went back to bed...
* Dal snores... "Nnnn... yeah, gimme some... mm..."
* Tiernan runs off O_o
* Jess stands up and looks at the picture in her locket. "Where's your advice when I
need it?" she asks as she walks back to camp.
Maybe he went to eat something? I'm hungry!
* Reisha blinks. "Tyr... wait up..." o_o
Tyr? Where are you going?
* Kodah hops down from the tree
* Tiernan looks around the campsite, calling David's name
* Reisha starts running after him...
David! Where are you?!
You mean YOU don't know??
Oh no...I should have known...
* Indigo still snores.
I'm so stupid!
Did David leave during the night? Did he pull a Sasha on us?
Darin, do you find anything...I don't know...wrong with me at times?
Did David get eaten by the demons? O_o
He must have...
He told me...In case he ever left...that I should become the leader of the
Shining Force...and to take care of Reisha...
Why on earth would he...?
* Dal 's last snore is cut off, and he wakes up... "Nnnnmm?"
He seemed sad...
He... he did...?
He left you in charge huh?
I don't know how to be a leader...not really.
* Tiernan shakes his head. "I don't know what to do...."
we'll help you, Tyr.
* Reisha suddenly gets flushed. "That... that stupid..."
Well, now's a good time to start flexing those leadership muscles. What's our
* Reisha fumes. "Running away at a time like this!"
* Dal looks around blearily. "... What's going on?"
I'm sure he had a good reason to, Reisha...
* Zoie is still on the ground seemingly asleep, twitching every so often
We should go find the nearest town. David might be there...
Okay then, lets get everyone up and collected and then we'll move out on your
* Tiernan gulps, hoping he did the right thing...
I'm scared I'll make a mistake...
If he is... I'm giving him a piece of my mind...
David wouldn't have offered you leadership if he didn't think you could handle
He couldn't have gotten far.
* Dal wakes himself up, and shakes his head... "Tyr, you'll do fine..."
He believed in you, now you have to believe in yourself
* Reisha starts off, not even waiting for Tyr to move.
You think so?
I know so.
* Jess gathers her bedroll and stuff.
Please stay here!
That's right... as our new leader, you have to tell us to kill the demons and
everything now. ^_^
* Kodah gathers up his meager belongings and preps himself for travel
* Tiernan looks at Johei. O_o
* Tiernan begins to make meeping sounds! O_o
* Indigo still snores away.
* Reisha stops. "Well don't just sit there... you're the leader!" ^^
Tyr, shhh... it's gonna be okay...
* Dal hugs Tyr.
* Jess ices Indigo awake.
We should start waking people up!
* Tiernan hugs Dal, then looks at Rei. "As soon as everyone's awake..."
Can someone wake Zoie and Indi up?
* Kodah goes to wake Zoie up, since Jess is handling Indi.
* Johei pokes Zoie.
OK...time to get up, Indigo.
* Indigo mumbles and slowly blinks her eyes open.
Wakey wakey Zoie. Time to go
* Reisha taps her foot impatiently...
* Jess points to the air above indigo, calling forth her chilling Inferno to create a
stream of water to wake Indigo up.
* Zoie doesn't move
* Indigo grumbles and wakes up.
Hiiii! Miss Zoie! We have to move quickly!
* Tiernan looks at the ground, terrified of being a leader...he doesn't know how!
* Reisha mutters to herself. .o(That fool.. I know why he ran off...)
* Zoie still makes no movement.
* Indigo looks about.
I suppose we could just carry her if she continues to be obstinate
Where'd Davie-boy go?
What if we sprinkled some water on her?
Hey Zoie, you awake yet?
I think it's supposed to wake people up.
* Kodah pokes Zoie a little
* Tiernan walks to Zoie, pulls out the staff the party found him with, and taps her
with it softly "Zoie? Wake up..."
Lets not douse her just yet. Give her a moment to come around
* Zoie twitches
* Tiernan taps her again.
Look! She moved!
Where'd he go?
* Jess gently starts to shake Zoie.
Where did who go?
David, I think....
* Kodah keeps glancing at Tyr, while waiting for Zoie to stir
Kara and Chamolo will be crushed if something happened to their son.
Oh! Tie- I mean... um... Lord Tiernan said he disappeared somewhere. ^_^
== Zoie suddenly starts to glow...
Lord T...O_o What? Zoie?!
* Dal blinks.
* Indigo looks at Zoie?
Is something wrong?
* Kodah steps away from Zoie
* Tiernan pokes Zoie with the staff again. O_o "Does she normally do this?"
Look! Zoie is glowing like a Christmas tree!
Holy Mitula mother of Goddess?
* Reisha gets knocked out of her anger at Zoie's aura...
Not that I've seen.
== Zoie glows brighter...
Is something wrong Zoie?
* Tiernan gets an idea...and pokes her again