Shining Force RPG 2 session 23
===== Session start! =====
The Shining Force, after having left Dal behind in a cave in, attempt to
escape the volcano... But something turns terribly wrong with Tiernan...
* Tiernan is on the ground, his body stiff and twitching violently.
* Kodah kneels by Tyr's side, making sure he doesn't accidentally swallow his tongue.
* Amy looks down filled with sorrow at Tyr.
* Tiernan's eyes open slightly and you can see they're rolled up into his head...
I'm out of my league here...
Be... all right.
* Kodah grabs a stick and places it between Tyr's teeth, so he can't bite off his own
I think we all are, Darin, but we've got to keep going...
* Jeyer looks on, not as much worried as annoyed...
* David kneels on the other side of Tyr and tries to snap him out of it... "Hey...Tyr!
Snap outta it, kid!"
* Tiernan continues to twitch, accidentally biting into his lip. Blood runs down his
* Amy kneels beside Tiernan.
* Jess points to Tiernan as she chants softly. "Goddess Mitula, let your tender mercy
shine down upon him...HEAL!"
* Kodah turns Tyr over onto his side, and waits.
* Johei trots in circles around Tiernan.
== Jess casts Heal lv. 1 on Tiernan... his wounds heal, but he stays in his
state of shock, although appeased...
* Tiernan finally stops twitching, his breathing shallow.
...maybe he's okay now?
* Amy tries to blink back her tears. "Tiernan, please... be all right"
He might... He might not. We must move him to the town.
We've gotta get him to a healer of some sort. The town should have someone
there who can help.
I hope so...
We're close to the exit... Someone grab him and follow me... I'll scout ahead.
* Jeyer dashes away silently.
* Kodah gently lifts Tyr off the ground, glaring at Jeyer as he goes
* David follows Jeyer, moving swiftly...
* Jess starts for the exit.
* Amy stands up slowly, sniffing slightly.
* Amy quietly follows Jess as usual.
* Tiernan moans softly, almost sounding like a whimper of a hurt or lost child, but
* Kodah follows the group, trying not to jostle Tyr
Do you want me to help you, sir Kodah?
If you could that would be appreciated.
* Jeyer looks towards the exit, moving effortlessly through the shadows...
You can set him on my back... I can carry him easily! ^_^
Good point, but I'll stay close to him if you don't mind.
Okay! Let's follow Gerber!
* Kodah eases Tyr onto Johei's back, "And could you drop the 'Sir'? It doesn;t suit
Okay, sir Kodah. ^_^
* David creeps up behind Jeyer... "See anything interesting?"
* Darin stays close to Jess...
* Jeyer turns the corner and stares out, then whispers back, "The road seems clear."
* Tiernan's face is pale and sweaty...he breathes rapidly and shallowly...
Then let's get moving.
* Jess leaves the cave.
* David nods and creeps ahead..
* Jeyer runs around the mountain path and keeps scouting, attempting to discern any
* Kodah casts Cure on Tyr, hoping to ease his suffering slightly
== The cure spell appeases Tiernan momentarily...
* David drags Reisha along ;)
* Johei pads behind, keeping his sword out and ready just in case.
* Tiernan looks still for a moment...then, several moments later, he goes back into a
shallow breathing pattern...
* Kodah notes this, and wonders.
* Jeyer turns the corner and gasps, running back quickly
What is it Jeyer?
* Jeyer motions for silence as he slowly peeks around the corner
* David blinks and draws AmeShi quietly..
* Jess draws her rapier.
* Darin rests his hand on the hilt of his blade..
* Johei tiptoes with his four feet, trying to keep Tiernan in place and his sword ready
at the same time.
* Jeyer looks back at the Shining Force and points around the corner whispering,
* Kodah hisses.
* David narrows his eyes and hisses softly... "Attack? Or not?
Is it a demon?
He's after Kodah...
He should be able to sense my presence soon.
A demon lord!
* Jeyer looks at the Shining Force and shakes his head... "I might be able to make him
He works for Mitula, Johei.
* David nods. "Leave is good..."
* Tiernan whimpers.
A... good demon is chasing you?
Please try Jeyer, I am not in the mood for him just now.
* Jeyer turns the corner and starts talking to Gerad.
The Shining Force can hear people talking but none of the words are
We'll fill you in later Johei, just be quiet for now
If you say so, sir Kodah. ^_^
. . .
* Jess waits, Rapier in hand.
* Kodah places a hand on Tyr's forehead, hoping he'll stay quiet.
* Tiernan 's skin feels cold and clammy to the touch...
* Tiernan also doesn't stop moaning. ^_^;;
A sudden warrior's scream can be heard and the sound of metal colliding with
metal rings through the air...
... Uh oh...
That doesn't sound promising.
No, it doesn't.
We have to go help!
You stay here, Johei.
Hold it, just be patient Johei.
Someone yells the word, "Katon!" as a great fireball crashes down from the
* David peers out around the corner first, making sure...
Jeyer and Gerad are fighting fiercely.
Okay. Lets go.
* Tiernan whimpers again on Johei's back, as if to say. "Stay!"
* Kodah pulls Tyr from Johei's back.
Defensive around Tyr. Don't let him get hurt.
* Tiernan lets out a cry.
* David nods to Kodah and runs out...
* Jess gets into position.
David! Do we go and help... er... Cheyer?
== Jeyer can attack.
* Kodah takes position in front of Tyr
== Jeyer lashes out at Gerad with Kazen'rah...
== Gerad takes 168 damage.
* David stands in front of the team, twirling AmeShi...
* Jeyer rolls back into a defensive stance.
== Gerad can attack.
== Gerad summons a holy barrier
== Gerad gains 50 defense
* Jeyer glares at Gerad... "Nice trick... Holy barrier won't defend you against
== Jeyer can attack.
== Jeyer lowers himself impossibly low to the ground and disappears....
== The Shining Force enter the battle.
== Kodah can attack
An evil centaur!
* Gerad looks in his usual trance during battle.
* Kodah raises both his hands, calling forth-curling vortices of energy from the earth
and sky to envelop his allies!
* Jess readies her rapier.
* Johei lifts his sword's blade to a horizontal position, tensing his body to charge
the evil creature.
== Kodah casts Boost lv 2. The speed encircles the Shining Force, raising
defense and speed by 11 and 10.
* Kodah drops into a defensive posture, intent on keeping Gerad away from Tyr.
* David flips forward to where Jeyer disappeared and crouches defensively in front of
the team, as if to protect them...
* Tiernan lies out on the ground, his wings open wide, and still.
== Johei can attack
* Johei dashes with all the speed he can muster to Gerad, thrusting his sword into his
midsection with the combined strength of his arms and the charge!
== Johei lashes out at Gerad... Gerad not bothering to raise any shield or
defense takes a hit to the midsection... The blow seemed absorbed by an invisible
shield partially... 23 damage!
He's protected by some sort of barrier!
Then let's break it.
You're now seeing the problem I had with him for so long
== Reisha can attack.
Don't worry! We'll beat him together! I'm sure Mitula will grant us victory! =D
== Reisha takes a defensive stance
== David can attack.
* Jess readies herself.
* David rushes Gerad, slashing sideways with the flaming blade of AmeShi and then
freezing, jerking the blade upwards over Gerad's upper body...he flips back to his
== David's attack hits the magical aura, removing some of the force of the
blow... Nonetheless, Gerad reels back from the hit... 27 damage!
== Darin can attack.
* Darin rushes forward slashing into Gerad!
== Darin's blade absorbs the barrier and glides through, slashing Gerad for
21 damage! The sword flares...
== Darin takes 21 damage!
...Oh ... no...
* Darin winces..."He... he's not evil... I can't attack him..."
== Jess can attack.
Then bring him out of that trance.
* Jess says a silent prayer to Mitula as a healing light surrounds Darin. "HEAL 1!"
He's not evil? But then, why is he attacking us?
Thank you, Jess...
* Jess nods.
* Kodah almost looks indignant, "NOT evil? I'm sorry but I can't swallow that!"
== Jess casts Heal Lv. 1 on Darin... Darin recovers 14 HP
* Darin glares at Kodah... "If he was evil, the Blade of Truth would not have attacked
Now, Darin. Just sit back and let us deal with him, or you can have your blade
bring him out of that trance like you did last time.
I intend to, Jess...
* Kodah growls something under his breath.
* Darin picks up his blade and closes his eyes... concentrating...
* Tiernan moans softly from the back, the first time he's done so in a while.
===== Monster Count: Gerad =====
== Kodah can attack.
* Kodah draws up an inky black film from the ground that clings to his body, growling
* Kodah rears back and releases a guttural shout! As he does, the ground beneath his
enemies heaves, as it is transformed into a blizzard of demons and devils! They
viciously claw and bite anything in their way as they travel up into the sky and
dissipate in a cacophony of howls!
Ahh!! What is that!?
It's...it's...the Snackwells Cookie man!
* Johei turns around wildly, trying to shield himself with his blade.
== Kodah casts Devil Magic lv. 1... The demons lash out violently at Gerad,
making him fall backwards. He quickly gets back on his feet, hurt beyond measure. 56
* Kodah looks satisfied, as the black film peels away from his body and sinks back into
Sir Kodah! What did you do?!
I'll tell you later, there's no time just now!
He summoned the powers of the All Mighty Sock God, Johei! :P
== Jeyer suddenly appears out from behind Gerad and raises Kazen'rah, its
flames flickering wildly around the slender edge... His eyes glow a deep shade of red
as an evil grin portrays on his lips... Then dives the blade in Gerad's back violently!
* Kodah raises an eyebrow at David
* David raises both eyebrows at Jeyer's move...
The.... mighty sock god...?
* Tiernan remains motionless.
== Gerad yowls in pain! 243 damage!
== Gerad's form flickers in and out of existence and beams away, leaving no
* David sheathes AmeShi...
* Jeyer stares blankly at his blade... Then drops it to the ground, disgusted at what
he just did.
* Kodah swallows his anger, and returns his attention to Tyr, dropping another Cure
spell on him.
* David walks towards Jeyer. "Sir Jeyer?"
* Jeyer turns his gaze upon David... "Sir...?"
Eh? What now?
* Johei stands around in the middle of the former battlefield, confused beyond measure.
* Tiernan doesn't react to Kodah's curing...
* David leans down and picks Jeyer's blade up...he hands it to Jeyer. "Here. Do not be
ashamed. He deserved no less."
* Kodah checks Tyr over again.
* Tiernan seems even more pale, cold, and sweaty than before...his breathing shallow...
* Jess attempts to ease Tyr with Heal 1 again.
* Jeyer takes his blade slowly and sheathes it... "I promised myself I wouldn't kill
like that... Never like that..."
We need to get him to a proper healer. Now, or we might lose him
I...can see why. It strikes a memory...but nevermind. We need to get Tyr to a
healer like Kodah said.
Then let's beat a hasty path to the next town.
Johei, I need you to carry him again.
* Jeyer nods and goes ahead to scout the town...
Eh... yes, Kodah!
* David flexes his hands and grabs Rei by the elbow, dragging her along. ^_^
* Johei trots over to where Tyr is lying.
* Kodah helps Tyr onto Johei's back again
* Reisha bites David's elbow!
* Tiernan whimpers, almost sounding like he's in pain.
* David enjoys it!
* Kodah heads after Jeyer when Tyr's in place
===== Cut scene! =====
The warped dimension ripples around, a solitary mound of soil floating
adrift in the desolate world... A centaur knight stands battered, barely able to stand,
staring up at the celestial form that lies over him...
Gerad...Again, you went into battle unprepared...
* Mitula waves her hands an a holy aura envelops Gerad, healing his many wounds.
I had precious little time to whisk you away from the fight...
I... I am sorry, my Goddess. *Feels vitality return to him and stands tall*
They ambushed me... Jeyer... That traitor... Is helping them.
Jeyer...I see. Then we must get rid of him before we can advance further. He
is a nuisance...
Then, we go after the accursed half-devil...
* Gerad nods. "Yes... But I need help... to do so. I do not think I can defeat Jeyer
alone... He is a powerful being."
* Mitula paces back and forth, thinking...
First, the problem is that you underestimate the Shining Force. They are
strong, and will be more powerful when you meet them next. You might have to change
your strategy...find out a new attack or power that they will never be able to prepare
for. When the time comes...I will assist you.
But for now, you must pick yourself up and carry on.
* Gerad nods. "I shall return to Guardiana to hone my skills with your blessing, my
* Mitula smiles. "Very well. I'm counting on you, my good knight..."
* Gerad nods and uses a teleportation spell, poofing out.
* Mitula smile turns sly, and she giggles. "It's all going according to plan..."
* Mitula waves her hands around her body and transforms into a blonde woman in a tight
black dress...She transforms into Celia...the woman last seen in Aisen...
But...It's going too slowly for my tastes...
Maybe it's time I created a bit more mischief...ha ha ha...
* Celia laughs and winks out of existence!
===== End cut scene! =====
==== Session end! =====