Shining Force RPG 2 session 24
===== Session Start! =====
The shining Force walks back to town after defeating Gerad (yet again). The
team, who is worried about Tiernan's reaction to losing Dal trek down to the small
tribal village at the bottom of the volcano.
* Indigo reappears in a bright burst of white light.
Hi everyone! :D
* Kodah stays by Tyr's side, trying to discern the cause of his suffering.
* David falls over at Indi's abrupt appearance. :P
* Jess walks along, wondering just what in the hell it is about Gerad's appearing
everywhere before they do.
* Reisha jumps as she is right next to Indigo's poofing-in spot. "Indy... give me a
warning next time! Sheesh..."
So, what do I miss?
The SFRPG runs in to a Vandal! Oops... Wrong game. *erases the Vandal*
Only a fight with Gerad.
* Tiernan has stopped moaning...but remains in the same unconscious state.
* David rubs his head and grunts. "Freakin' bursts of light..."
I can't, since I never know when or where I'll do that.
* Kodah facefaults!
The Centaur that's trying to kill Kodah, Indi.
* David hops back up and cracks his back, resuming the trek.
EXCUSE ME?! O_o
* Kodah tries to repress his sudden irritation.
Oh, never heard of him. Not the nice horsey who I ride on, that knight?
* Reisha fixes her hair. "That hay-for-brains centaur with an attitude... not Johei."
Tiernan falls off Johei.
* David chuckles lowly. "Hay-for-brains..."
So, who won?
* Kodah acks, and tries to get Tyr back on Johei's back
We're alive aren't we?
* Reisha sighs.
We won. :P Sort of.
* Tiernan doesn't move or react at all.
Oh, good. The last thing I remember is we were going to Arc Valley to tame
Dark Dragon. You guys didn't want to take the shortcut through Zeon's dimension.
* David crosses his well-muscled arms, grinning faintly.
* Jess holds onto Darin as they continue the journey.
(Icily) No Indigo, we'd rather not.
* Tiernan breathes heavily.
I still don't understand. It should be safe, and if not, we can always ask
Grandma to take away from there.
Besides, Tyr is in no condition to do any serious traveling.
The poor kid...
Especially through Zeon's back yard...of all places.
* David nods a little, eyes flickering in their color as he brushes some of his sandy
blonde hair away from his forehead. "Lets just get to where we're going, hmm?"
It wasn't so scary. Well, we were too busy conquering evil to be scared as I
The town comes into range... It seems to be a colony of dwarven origins.
* Darin nods, keeping a protective arm around Jess.
Looks like a dwarf town.
* David stretches and yawns... "While the kid rests, we could get some much needed
Very much needed, David.
* Kodah works on keeping Tyr from sliding off Johei's back again.
* Reisha runs her eyes over David's sturdy frame. "That's a good plan by me..."
* Darin nods... "Sounds good to me too."
* Tiernan 's face is pale and sweaty...he continues to breathe in an irregular
Maybe they have some interesting artifacts or clues in this place too...
wouldn't hurt to look around.
* Indigo strolls along.
* David flexes his hands a little and grins. "I think I'll go run some errands before
Hey, what happened to Tyr?
We're not sure.
* Indigo glows blue.
Neptune, Elemental of Water, unleash your refreshing rains on Tiernan to
Oh gods. ^^;
* Kodah gets drenched in the process of Tyr getting dunked.
* Tiernan gets drenched. He doesn't awaken...but he does shiver. A lot.
. . . . . . .
== Neptune is summoned. Rain batters down on Tiernan with full force.
Tiernan takes 2 damage.
Indigo... will you knock it off...? You're going to kill him...!
* David grahs and rubs his forehead. ^^;
* Reisha calls some electrical energy to her hands.
* Jess shakes her head...
It should wake him up! ^_^
* Kodah rummages around in his pack for a dry blanket.
* Tiernan doesn't wake up, wench. :p
If you don't kill him first, you twit!
Maybe I ougtta give you a wake up call instead... *grumble* :/
* David bursts out into soft laughter but quickly stifles it. ^^;
Indigo...I'm going to say this only once. If you do something like that
again...I will kill you. Understand?
* Indigo frowns, calling off Neptune.
Oh, you always say that Kodah. ^_^ Remember the time I flooded the river?
Can we just not kill each other!
* Kodah drapes the blanket over Tyr, snarling under his breath and shivering slightly.
Lara told me of the time you almost killed the king of Granseal too, Indi.
Please David? Can a zap her a little? Pretty please? ;)
* Darin grumbles under his breath.
* David raises a handsome eyebrow at Reisha and grins. "As tempting as that is...no..."
I vaguely remember that. My dark side took over and I used a tidal wave
Anyway... ^_- Indigo...next time ask me if you can summon anything, okay?
* Reisha calls off the impending spell. "Fine... fine..."
* Tiernan shivers despite the blanket draped over him.
And if you don't, I'll let Rei fry your booty.
* Reisha grins. :)
* Indigo giggles.
We need to get Tyr somewhere he can dry off and get some clean clothes.
Pneumonia isn't what he needs now.
Well, that depends, but I'll try to remember!
Let me warm him up!
* Indigo glows orange.
* Reisha covers Indy's mouth.
I don't think that's such a good idea Indigo.
* Indigo starts a muffled summons of Apollo and stops.
* Kodah turns towards Indigo and snarls hatefully, exposing his fangs and his black,
* David sighs... ^^;
*The words come out* "Apollo, Elemental of Fire...."
* David walks over and slugs Indigo in the stomach.
* Reisha shocks Indy, not really caring anymore. ^^
Indi, don't make me stick this rapier right through your ass.
* Zoie walks over to Indy... "One more word out of you and..."
* Indigo doubles over, her breath flying out.
Indigo...darling...this is my group.
You will obey my orders.
Do you understand?
* David narrows his eyes.
I'm an elementalist...it's...my... *wheeze*
* Darin looks at Jess... then at Indi.
A large clasp of thunder falls down on Indigo.
Oh...you're like your... *wheeze* mother... *pant*
* Indigo looks up.
* Reisha blinks.
* Jeyer walks on, grunting...
Atlas, quit that!
Hey... I didn't do it... *whistling* ^^
* Jess walks on toward town.
* Kodah tries to calm down, turning his attention back to getting Tyr to town.
* Tiernan remains unconscious and shivering.
* David gets closer to Indigo... "I mean it...behave. Treat me as your leader."
* Indigo blinks.
A dwarf spots the team coming towards down and stops his smithy work to prod
I have been.
* Indigo gives David a confused look.
No. You haven't.
* Kodah notes the dwarf, "We have an injured friend. Is there an Inn close by good
* Jeyer turns around and looks at Indigo... "You know for a legendary sorceress of the
Shining Force... You... Ahh nevermind."
Very much like your mother. Kara always seemed annoyed by me, ever since we
met, and I never figured out why. It could have been my insanity at the time, but...
* Reisha points to the dwarf. "Hey... David... munchkins at twelve o clock.."
* Indigo shrugs helplessly.
* Jeyer turns around and looks at the Dwarf...
* Jess looks at Darin. "Why are we doomed to have to put up with that nutball
* Indigo blushes.
Legendary Sorceress...I like that...
Aye, lad... An inn a cou-- MUNCHKIN?!
* Darin shrugs at Jess.
* Reisha stares down at the dwarf, flipping her hair to the side. "Well, you're no
* Kodah gives Rei the icy stare of 'shut-the-hell-up'
* The dwarf glares at Reisha. "Why ye be callin' me a munchkin, ye half bit wizard?"
* Zoie rolls her eyes and continues onward.
* Indigo looks at the Dwarf.
* Tiernan falls off the horse yet again.
Half-bit? Why I oughtta...
* Reisha bites her lip.
Calm down, Rei.
Mr. Dwarf sir... ^^;
* Darin glares at Rei...
* Kodah gives up and decides to carry Tyr to the Inn.
Don't call her a half bit wizard...and don't mind her quick tongue...she's
Strong willed. ;P
* Indigo notices the dwarf and gives it the same look she gave her toy doll, an "awww-
* The dwarf snorts loudly. "Oughtta what? Fry me with ye little parlor tricks?? BAH! Ye
wizards are all alike." He then turns around and points to the inn. "There be yer inn.
Tell da fine woman at da counter Smithy Darius sent ya."
Excuse Indigo...she's a...what would you call Indigo? Nut?"
* David grimaces. ^^:
* Kodah hurries to the Inn, before the entire team gets chased up a tree so the dwarves
can set fire to it.
* Darin looks at the Dwarf. "Thank you sir."
* Jess follows Kodah.
* Reisha folds her arms, trying to keep cool. "You're pushing it..."
I'm Indigo Mysteria, legendary sorceress of the Shining Force. ^_^
* Darin turns and heads to the Inn.
* David grabs Rei by the elbow and tugs her to the inn. ^^;;;
* Indigo smiles at the new title, then heads off with the others.
Come along... ^^; Leave the short...munchkin...alone. ;)
* Reisha gets tugged. o_o
* The dwarf flashes a grin at Reisha and whispers, "Aye, m'lady... Aye."
Titles... who needs them anyhow, just a way of making someone even more
* Kodah mutters some unpleasant things under his breath.
A munchkin. You know, I got this book from the Spellbook of the Month club,
about this two-bit wizard in a place called Oz. There were a lot of munchkins...
* Jess whispers to Zoie, "Or a way to make a two-bit nutcase summoner more annoying."
* Reisha mutters under her breath...
* David whistles ^^;
* Kodah nudges the door to the Inn open, and looks for the Innkeeper.
there is something to be said for modesty...
A small, stocky woman wipes the counter. "Aye?"
* Tiernan is dirty, wet, pale, sweaty, and unconscious.
* Reisha stops herself before she makes another munchkin comment. ^^
I need to rent one of your rooms good sir. My friend is ill
* David pokes Rei in the stomach good-naturedly. "Forget him. He's too short to have
much brain matter. Now, you go get a room and stuff...and no fighting!"
* Indigo smiles to the innkeeper.
* Jess nudges David. "One of us should find the town healer."
I'll do it. ^_^
I'll cook dinner.
I have to run some errands anyway... ^^;
* Darin puts his arm back around Jess.
I never get to have any fun anymore... fine, David. Let's get Tyr inside. I
promise no more funny stuff.
O_o Rei...I didn't mean it like that...
* The dwarven female smiles back. "May aye help ye folks? Ye not seem ta be from around
* Jess wraps her arm around Darin's waist.
We're not. Our friend is ill and we need rooms.
* Reisha puts a hand firmly on the counter. "Sure can... we need a room. Our friend's
in bad shape..."
Yeah, we come from a long way away.
No ma'am, I need a room for my friend. He's quite ill.
Oh, and don't use water on him.
* Indigo whispers to the Innkeep.
They get mad if you do.
* Reisha hisses at Indy.
Smithy Darius sent us, madam.
* The innkeeper nods and blinks at Indigo... "A--Aye... 20 gold pieces." and pulls out
a couple of keys.
* David sighs softly and rolls his shoulders... "I'll go get the healer..."
* David slips away...
* Tiernan shivers in Kodah's arms.
* Jess looks around as she nudges Darin. "Now I know why they say that dwarves are well
known for their craftsmanship. Look at the decor around here."
* Reisha wanted to ask David something, but lets it drop as he disappears.
* Indigo hands her 20 gold pieces.
* The innkeeper smirks. "Darius... Always getting me business. Aye. thank ye."
* Kodah hefts Tyr up a bit, and takes the one of the keys from the Innkeeper.
* The innkeeper pockets the 20 gold pieces and hands the keys to the party.
* Darin nods to Jess, then whispers something in her ear.
* Jess whispers back into Darin's ear.
* Reisha takes the key, looking at it a minute.
* Kodah carries Tyr to one of the rooms and fumbles to get the door open.
The Munchkin? Does he sing for you?
* Darin chuckles and takes the key.
* Tiernan 's clothes are sopping wet and dripping all over the floor. Thanks Indy. :P
* Reisha goes to help Kodah.
Help me get these wet clothes off him Reisha, please
He'll freeze if we don't.
* Jess goes with Darin to their room.
* Kodah goes to get some dry blankets from one of the beds, checking to see if there's
a fireplace in the room.
* Reisha starts taking off the sopping wet trenchcoat and scarf, before working on the
I can't believe the nerve of that Indigo...
* Indigo smiles, going up to the others, humming "We're off to see the Wizard..."
* Tiernan remains unresponsive.
Can I please set her ass on fire?
* Kodah sets down the blankets and goes to start a fire.
How is he?
Reisha, as soon as you get those wet clothes off of him, wrap him up in those
* Reisha smiles inwardly a little as she finishes taking off the clothes and thrown a
couple of blankets around the phoenix-boy.
* David returns shortly with the healer, carrying a small bundle in his hand...
I really do feel sorry for him... :/
I wish Sasha were here. She could comfort him.
Should we check on Tyr before turning in, Darin?
* Kodah manages to get a fire started and then goes to help wrap up Tyr
* Darin nods... "I am worried about him..."
Then let's go.
He's a phoenix, right? So if we set him on fire, won't he come back to life
* David clears his throat, stepping into Tyr's room... "The healer is here."
Indigo... just shut up. You're not helping. :P
* Jess makes room for David and the healer.
Thanks David, bring him in please
* David motions and the healer comes in. :P
Him or her...whoever...blarg.
Suddenly, Jeyer burps.
Excuse yourself Jeyer.
Err. Pardon me.
* Reisha sits at the bedside, turning to face David and the healer type person.. :)
* Indigo looks at him with the stern look of a mother.
* Jeyer then heads for his room and faints à la maiden.
* Kodah stands away from Tyr to let the healer work.
* David looks at Rei and offers her the bundle... "Uhm, here."
* Indigo looks at the healer.
* Reisha takes it, looking confused. "Huh?"
* Indigo smiles.
Hi Miss! Please heal my friend.
Ohh... right... just didn't expect it at a time like this...
* Reisha peeks inside the bundle a little. "Hmm..."
I know... I figured it was better than sneaking into your room... ^^; You might
think I was some sort of freak...
* Reisha starts giggling. "Not as big of a freak as Indigo... hehe.."
* The woman healer, taller than the rest of the townspeople walks in... Surprisingly,
she's a fully sized human. "Aye... What seems ta be da problem?"
I wonder what it is...
We don't know, Madam.
* Reisha pulls away the wrappings, and gazes at the armband in her hands.
I summoned Neptune to wake him up, but it didn't work. I think fire would
* David fidgets a little. ^^;
* Reisha blinks.
He started seizing, then this...we think he's in shock.
This is... beautiful...
* Reisha stands up.
* The healer glares at Indigo, her hands on her hips. "Nay, miss. Nay."
* David blinks a little... ^^;
* Reisha pokes David in the stomach...
* David oofs. O_o
But he's a phoenix. According to legend, if a phoenix is burned they return to
Hey, how did you know blue was my favorite color? Somebody rat me out? ;)
Uhm...no.... ^^; It was either that or red...lucky guess...? ^^;
* Reisha slips it on her left arm.
Lucky... for you.
* Narrator shoves a raisin up David's nose. "BE WORRIED ABOUT TYR, YOU ROMANTIC PUTZ!"
* Reisha goes up to him and kisses his lips... :)
* Jess looks to Darin. "I'm really getting tired. Haven't rested well since we saw Dark
Dragon and all. I think I'll just turn in now."
* The healer inspects Tiernan with the little information she has...
* David blinks and kisses Rei back briefly, grinning and blushing. ^^;
* Darin looks at Jess.... and nods... "Now that I know he's in good hands... I'll join
* Indigo pats Tiernan on the head, then walks out.
I'll be in the kitchen!
* Kodah waits for the healer to do her thing, figuring that she knows what she's doing.
* Tiernan suddenly spasms after Indigo touches him, his hand twitching.
* Jess nods and wraps an arm around Darin's waist, going to their room.
But... what's the leader doing off buying jewelry in a time of crisis, hmm?
* David eh hehs and glances at Tyr uncomfortably. "Uhmm...well...er....you see...hey
look, he's twitching!"
* Tiernan's eyes twitch and he moans softly...
* Indigo blinks, feeling the twitch.
* Reisha turns. "Oh... he is..." ^^
* Indigo goes back and touches him again.
* David coughs and thwaps Indi! ^^;
But he responded, and don't hit your elders!
* The healer winces... "He seems in some catatonic state... Aye... This is bad." The
healer starts applying her hands at two pressure points on Tiernan's head, sending
healing waves through him.
* Indigo wags a finger at David and rests her hand on Tyr's head.
* Narrator kicks David to unconsciousness
Come on Tyr, you'll make it.
* Reisha watches the healer, with an arm around David's waist, daintily squeezing the
stuffing out of him.
* Tiernan stops twitching slowly...
Tiny beads of sweat start forming on the healer's forehead... She seems to
be forcing her healing greatly...
* David blinks at the healer, a supportive arm around Rei....
Tyr, are you alive in there?
* Indigo closes her eyes, making the disembodied white-gloved hand appear over Tyr's
head and point downward at him before going to the kitchen.
* Kodah stands by, waiting to offer help if needed.
He'll be hungry when he wakes up!
* The healer pulls back, completely exhausted... Tiernan starts to stir...
* David mumbles... "I'm gonna shove that hand up her a....oh, look, Tyr is stirring!"
* Kodah swats the white hand away.
* Reisha whaps Indy in place of David, and goes back to watching.
* Tiernan opens his eyes partway, slowly...
Tyr? Can you hear me?
Hey, nice to see you back with us.
Hey... you with us, Tyr?
* Indigo starts some bacon and cheese toast in the kitchen, and some tea.
* Tiernan turns slowly to Kodah, blinking. "Where...is this...?"
Don't try to move yet Tyr. You've had a bit of a bad spell
It'll be okay, Tyr...rest for now...
* Tiernan looks around each person in the room, slowly...then he stops and looks down.
...It wasn't a dream...was it?
...No, it wasn't.
* The healer slowly gets back to her feet... "I... Couldn't heal him... Completely...
Aye, something was stopping me... Must be eye am tired..."
* Indigo calls upstairs.
How's he doing?
* Indigo continues her work with the bacon.
Dal...I should have stayed...
* Kodah looks at the healer, "Do you know what was resisting you?"
* The healer shakes her head... "Nay..."
No way we could leave you in that hell hole, Tyr...
* David nods in agreement with Rei.
...What happened?...Why am I in bed...?
I was looking at the cave...when everything became dark...
* Indigo wanders up, with a plate of cheese toast, bacon, and hot tea.
Here you go Tyr! ^_^
* Kodah raises an eyebrow at Indy.
* Tiernan winces, not quite ready for Indi's cheeriness O_o
Nurse Indigo will cheer you up! ^_^
* The healer ducks out...
* David groans and sweatdrops, letting his head rest on Rei's shoulder briefly before
returning to normal... "Indi! Back off, you fr00t!"
You had a seizure Tyr, and then you went into shock. We brought you to town so
that you could get healed.
What's a seizure...and shock?
* Indigo sets down the tray next to him.
Shock is like this....
* Indigo shakes violently.
* Tiernan meeps. O_o
A seizure is when your body starts to spasm and you can't stop it. Shock is
when you body starts closing blood vessels to protect itself from harm.
I did THAT?
I could demonstrate better...hold on.
* Reisha mutters. "What else could she shake loose in that head of hers..." ^^
* Indigo glows sky-blue.
Atlas, Elemental of Air, hit me with your lightning!
* Reisha puts a hand to her head.
* Kodah stands between Tyr and Indy.
Just chill Indy... we get the point.
* Tiernan eyes are wide. O_o
Cancel that Atlas.
* Kodah whews.
* Indigo watches her glow die.
* David whispers to Rei... "I wish she'd get a point."
...It happened again, Kodah...
* Kodah turns back to Tyr, "Hm?"
...I got sick again...
Anyways, you eat up now.
I know Tyr...I know
...I...I'm sorry Indigo...I'm not very hungry...
But it'll go cold. :(
Don't worry Tyr... stuff happens. Anybody can lose his or her cool under
Maybe I'll have some of that...that brown watery stuff...
* David smacks Indi.
Tea...yes...some of that... ^_^
* David leans down to steal a little bit of cheese from Tyr's plate.
* Indigo turns to the others.
* David chews on it.
Now go on...shoo...Nurse Indigo is on the case! ^_^
* Indigo spins into a nurse's uniform.
Is...is it wrong...to...be really scared of Indigo?
* David leans down to steal another piece...he offers it to Rei. "Here! Try it!"
Not really Tyr...not really.
* Reisha munches on the cheese idly. "How did I end up with these wackos..." ^^
No clue. ^_- But you like us cause we're insane.
* Kodah resents being called a wacko.
I'm not a wacko! Not anymore anyways!
* Reisha puts David's head in a headlock. :P
What's... a whacko?
* David squirms. O_o
A crazy person dear.
Like oh...that weirdo on the ship.
I wouldn't worry about it Tyr. What's important now is for you to get your
* Reisha gives him a noogie, laughing. ^_^
* Tiernan trails off...
* David gaahhs! "The hair! Watch the hair!"
* Reisha let's go.
Now eat your food before it gets cold dear.
* David coughs. "Wow...been working out?"
* Tiernan looks down. "Okay..."
Tyr! If you don't want it, I'll have it!
* Indigo sits on the edge of the bed.
Don't force yourself O_o
Hey, with people like you and Indy, life's one big exercise... in patience..
I'll tell you a bedtime story when you're all done.
* Kodah ruffles Tyr's hair a little, "Try not to worry right now Tyr. We're doing
everything we can to make things better."
You...you can have it David.
* Narrator starts snoring loudly
* David picks up the food
* Indigo smiles and makes a shooing gesture at the others.
* David looks at Rei invitingly.
Now go on children, go on. I'll tell you your bedtime story later. Now shoo.
* Kodah sits down across from Tyr, looking tired and stressed
* Reisha sticks her tongue out at Indy. "Yes mom..." :P
Why do you look so...sad Kodah?
* David sticks a piece of cheese in Rei's mouth and runs off ;)
* Indigo turns to the food.
* Reisha chases after him. "Mmmm...mmrrff!" :P
I'll have to make a new meal...
* Narrator drools on his sleeve and snorts.
* Indigo goes downstairs and gets some materials, then comes back up.
Now, I'll teach you how to cook!
Go on everyone! Shoo!
* Reisha spits the cheese out at him, thocking David in head. ^^
Hey...Kodah...? Where are my clothes...?
* David falls down, dropping cheese and the other food on himself. ^^;
Ow! Assault with cheese ;_;
* Reisha acks.
They are...being dried...
When did we get wet?
You big dummy...
* Reisha picks up the food off him...
* Indigo sits on the edge of the bed and fluffs Tyr's pillow.
(grumpy) That was Indigo's doing...
Now then...to cook something, you need fire.
* Tiernan erks as Indy fluffs his head instead. -_-
* David blushes and grunts, sitting up. "Its your fault! You hit me with cheese! That's
gotta be illegal!"
* Indigo glows orange.
* Indigo doesn't notice fluffing Tyr's head.
* Reisha busts out laughing, and grins. "Hey, I know every dirty trick in the book...
and I use 'em too!" :P
Ow. Ow... Ow. ;_;
Apollo, Elemental of Fire, create a cooking flame in here!
Indigo...that's not Tyr's pillow, that's his head!
Indigo, there's a freaking fire in the fireplace!!
* David smirks and sweeps Rei's legs out from under her, catching her as she lands on
top of him! "Hah! Dirty trick this!"
* David stuffs a piece of leftover cheese in Rei's mouth
* David hops up and runs off ;)
* Tiernan sighs.
* Reisha gets caught unawares, falling into David's arms. "Nice one."
Cancel that Apollo.
* Indigo stops glowing.
Now, first, you set your food in the fire...
* Indigo tosses food in the fire.
. . . .
* Narrator snorts and wakes up! "HUNH? NO I DIDN'T EAT THE LAST JELLY DONUT!!" and
passes out again.
Then you wait, but you can make the fire hotter!
I...I'd like...to...sleep awhile...
* David sits outside Tyr's door, watching Rei in amusement. ;)
Can I...be alone...? Please?
Well, okay, but I'll be right outside! ^_^
* Reisha looks at David expectantly. "Well?"
^_^ Okay Indigo...thank you.
* Kodah herds Indigo out of the room, "You can cook later Indigo, Tyr wants to sleep."
I'll come back in to tell you your bedtime story!
Well what? ;) Hey, I supplied the food... ;) You made me wear it!
* Kodah turns back to Tyr, "I'll be just outside if you need anything."
I have one from my Spellbook of the Month club, about Three Little Pigs...
* Tiernan looks down.