Shining Force RPG 2 session 7
===== SESSION START =====
The shining force are peacefully sleeping in their rooms... Everything is
calm... Too calm....
* Dal snores in his pillow.
* Darin snores lightly
Silence reigns supreme...
* Reisha is enjoying the soft bed...but she looks a little distrubed in her sleep.
===== In Jeyer's room =====
Jeyer lies peacefully in his bed, exhausted by the overcasting of his spells.
* Maika stands over Jeyer's bed, brandishing a dagger...
* Jess is still wide awake, thinking to herself and not noticing the eerie silence around
Sleep well, old one.... Because this will be your eternal sleep..... *raises
the dagger over Jeyer's heart
Sleep well, old one.... Because this will be your eternal sleep..... *raises the
dagger over Jeyer's heart and strikes down quickly*
As the dagger's tip touches Jeyer, it bursts in white flames, illuminating the
* Maika leaps back as his dagger and Jeyer start to burn in white flames
* Reisha feels a small ray of light poke through her eyelids...
... *shnore... shnort...* ... uhn...?
* Jess turns her head toward Jeyer's room. "Hmmm?"
* David groans and rolls over. :P
* Jess goes and wakes up Darin. "Come on, Darin. Wake up."
* Maika panics, drops his dagger and leaps out of the window!
* Darin turns over, facing away from the light, ignoring Jess
OK, dammit, I'll check it out myself.
* Jess walks over to Jeyer's room.
* Jeyer lies in his bed, covered in white flames... The light is blinding...
* Dal falls back asleep. ^^;
* David is still asleep ^^;
* Jess covers her eyes. "What in the name of Mitula?"
* Reisha rubs her eyes groggedly at the light. 1"Ergh...Is it morning already...?"
The light slowly diminishes... Jeyer is still out cold...
* Reisha stumbles around her room, getting dressed and lumbering out into the hallway...
something's not right.....
* Jess walks back out, running into Reisha. "Couldn't sleep? or did the light wake you?"
* Dal groans at the annoying light... "Dammit..." He gets dressed and checks out the
* Jeyer seems to fade into a ghost like form as the flames dissapear...
* Reisha is still rubbing her eyes. 1"No...I decided to get a midnight snack...what do
you think?" ^^
* Reisha looks over int he direction of Jeyer...
Hey, watch the sarcasm, will ya?
* Jess turns her head in Jeyer's direction. O_o
* Narrator watches the sarcasm
What the heck..? o_O
I think the sarcasm is just fine.
* Narrator returns to telling his story
* Jeyer lies in his bed as if nothing ever happened...
* Dal blinks when he sees Jeyer... "Hunh?"
The light is fully dispersed... The flames are no more.
I'll get Darin. Rei, would you mind waking David?
* Reisha scratches her somewhat mussed blond hair. 1"Ok...just what happened down here?" ^^
* Reisha nods.
* Jess walks back into Darin's room.
* Reisha head to David's room, banging on the door.
* Jess starts shaking Darin. "Hey, wake up. We have a bit of a crisis here."
* David lies in his room, blankets down to his waist.....no shirt on...his well defined
muscles plainly in view...he snores loudly and turns over. :P
Wake up, Davey boy! We got an emergency here! :P
What the hell happened?
Darin, wake up.....
* Darin blinks and turns over.. his words blurred by sleep "Is nota school day mommy..."
* Reisha bangs louder.
Ok..you asked for it....
* David blinks and yelps, coming awake!
* David falls out of bed :P
Don't make me get medieval on your buttocks..wake up already! :P
* Reisha kicks the door in. ^^
* Jess points to the air above Darin as a couple of small ice shards appear. A fireball
melts them and water pours down upon Darin. chilling inferno......
* David lies on the floor nude O_o
REI?! Ah! Out! Get out!
* Reisha blinks...
I'm naked!! O_o;
* David leaps back under his blankets :P
* Darin screams and jumps out of bed, nothing but a pair of shorts on (and they're half
falling off, and now soaked)
* Reisha about faces and slams the door, cheeks burning!
* David slips some pants on and crawls out of bed :P
* David walks out to Rei
Whats going on?
* Reisha is still blushing a bit. ^^
What on earth was THAT for?
* Dal sighs as he waits for *someone* to tell him what happened before he falls back
* Darin looks down...... "Uhhhmmmm..."
to get you to wake up, that's what...
Well..something happened with jeyer downstairs...
* Reisha doesn't look David in the eye though. ^^
Now, get dressed. We have a bit of a crisis situation here.
* Jess walks out and back over to Jeyer's room.
* David is not wearing a shirt and nods, walking to Jeyer's room
* Darin grabs clothes and pulls them on (remembering to get a new pair of shorts :P (don't
ask from where)) and dresses
Now, what's going on here?
* Reisha walks down the stairs behind David...
you know that strange light? It was coming from here....from Jeyer.
how? what happened?
.oO( Now that's a side of David I haven't seen before...eesh.. ^^ )
that, I don't know. Wish I did.
by the way, Darin. Sorry about the water. It's the only way I could get you to
* Narrator walks in wearing nothing but whipped cream and socks.
It's ok... I know I'm a heavy sleeper...
* Narrator walks out.
* David blinks and wanders into Jeyer's room
Jeyer seems to move ever so slightly...
* Jess grabs Darin's arm, looking over at Jeyer, kinda in between frightened and curious.
* David idly taps on Jeyer's head
* Darin gasps and puts a protective arm around Jess.
* Reisha stands there..
David's hand passes through Jeyer's head.
Is..he a ghost? o_O
* Darin blinks.....but stays silent
* David pokes Jeyer's head again
David's hand passes through Jeyer's head
* Jeyer says nothing, seeming to be sleeping.
* Jess looks up at Darin. "Something tells me this guy is not quite human."
What gave you that idea....?
that light, and the fact that when I walked in here, he was engulfed in white
Do you think somebody tried to kill him?
Honesly, Reisha, I don't know...
Maybe it was a defensive spell or something...
* Reisha tries to touch Jeyer as well.
Reisha's hand passes through Jeyer also.
Queen Lara talked to me of Jeyer before, when I was very little. I just can't
remember what she ws telling me.
Okay... so if it's a defensive spell, then something must've attacked him, or
a likely assumption...
And there's a bounty on our heads...
How would they know we're here, though?
But that was us...jeyer wasn't in the poster. :/
* David thinks
* David tries to punch Jeyer.
we were disguised when we came in here.
David's fist glides through Jeyer
Someone got a knife?
Unless someone saw the spell being cast on us and decided to get rid of the more
* Reisha pulls one out of her cloak. 1"Why do you need one?"
* David takes it. "I want to try something."
* David tries to stab Jeyer.
As the dagger touches Jeyer, it engulfs itself in white flames that also
* Dal ums.
The light is blinding...
* David flinches and closes his eyes
* Reisha shields her eyes...
* Jess shields her eyes with her robe's sleeve.
* Narrator runs in with his whipped cream clothes and a cherry on the tip of his penis
* Narrator runs out
I'll try to extinguish the flames...
I guess it is a spell of some sort to get that reaction.
* Jess points to the air above Jeyer. Small ice darts form and a fireball melts them,
forming w stream of water that descends upon Jeyer..
Maybe it takes away some of his lifeforce..
* Reisha tries to take the dagger away from David, before it burns beyond hope. ^^
The flames absorb the magically created water.
Maybe...but I never saw magic like this before...this guy sure is some Wizard!
Wizard? I was told he was a Ninja in Baine's Clan.
The flames slowly dissipate, leaving Jeyer as before, like nothing ever
The innkeeper rushes in, wide eyed... "What the!? O_o"
* The innkeeper points at David... "Who are you..? And.. You??" points at Reisha...
Uhh...I'm Reisha Granstream. ^^;
o_o;; Wait a minute... You're the fugitives that Gandar's looking for!
* Jess keeps her back to the innkeeper, still latched onto Darin for dear life.
* Dal sighs.
* Darin's heart leaps into his throat
* David hits the innkeeper in the side of the head!!
* Reisha rolls ehr eyes. "Oh great..."
Scrawny little bunch, arent'cha...
* The innkeeper falls unconscious. X_x
* David wipes his hands.
we'd better get out of here.
I'd say so, Jess
Let's get out of here before this guy comes to.
What of Jeyer?
That's a good question....
he'll be OK as long as he's in that ghostlike form.
I agree with Jess...but unlike him, we can't just make ourselves ghosts...
we can escape out the window, Rei.
* David shakes his head
* Reisha grabs some rope from behind the counter and ties up the innkeeper for good
* Jeyer seems to solidify somewhat...
Light peeks in through the window...
* Darin blinks and looks at Jeyer
Let's get Jeyer and get out of here...and get me an asprin while we're at it,
I've got a headache. :P
* Reisha holds her head, and gestures out the door. ^^
Darin, David, grab Jeyer....
* David grabs Jeyer
* Darin goes over to Jeyer, and lifts him by one arm
Now, can we get the hell outta here?
* Dal nod-nods.
OK....which way do we go? The window?
who cares, lets just get out of here
* Jess takes a flying leap out the window...using her magic to create an ice ramp for the
rest of hte party to exit by.
* Reisha checks if the doorway is clear...
...hey, I'm not arguing with that!
* Darin looks at David, and heads for the window
* Reisha hops down the ramp. ^^
The alley by the inn is empty, save for a few rats and alley cats...
* David follows
The main street lies a few steps away...
The morning sun starts to rise...
* Reisha checks if the coast is clear...
* Dal sighs as he realizes he didn't get much sleep. ^^;
* Jess melts the ice ramp when everyone is finally outside.
WE'd better get out before sunrise...then we're dead meat. ^^
I don't think we should head that way, once the main street is light, we're as
good as dead.
which way, then?
* Jess scans the entire area around them....
The back of the inn seems to lead to another alleyway
We'll have to find a way to keep in the shadows as much as we can until we're out
then someone lead the way....
* Reisha points. "That alley looks good..it might lead to the gate..."
excellent idea, Reisha.
* Dal just plain follows.
* Reisha heads down it, playing leader for once. ^_^
* Jess follows Reisha.
Most of these towns, have the border walls, if we can keep in its shadow, we might
The back alley splits up in two ways... One leading on the side of a bakery and
the other leading by residential buildings...
Hmmm...which way is the city gate...
* Reisha looks down both avenues.
* Darin shifts his grip on Jeyer
if we go into the residential district, it's a good chance we're going to be spotted.
Right...and the bakery probably isn't open yet.
* Reisha heads bakery-side.
* Darin nods. "Until the shops open, we should be safe going that way."
* Jess follows...
The Shining Force is now escaping from Gandar... The group are at back of the
buildings, finding their way through the alleyways, trying to get to the front gate (or
any gate for that matter.)
* Jess looks around, apparently in deep thought.
* Indigo reappears suddenly from whereever she was.
Hello everyone, what's going on?
Shhh.....not so loud..we don't want any of Gandar's goons to find us.
* Dal wonders how the hell he'll get out of *this* mess.
* David nods and thinks..
Gandar? Who's that?
* Sasha wonders why she even JOIN this helpless group.
I'm sorry, I was away for a time, on another spiritual plane.
You all right?
I'm fine, Darin. Just never been wanted by the authorities before..
Okay...so what now?
We need a plan.
Heh.. that's wonderful.. I used to BE the authorities before this..
You're guess is as good as mine at this point David..
* Indigo looks around.
well, first off, we need to find a way out of this city...
Should we go to the main gate?
we're sitting ducks here.
They'd stop us at the main gates.
I have an idea.
I'll make an exit for us. The ship is still here, right?
I don't know, Indigo. I have no idea where we are..
and as far as MAKING an exit goes, I could blow a hole in the wall with my fire
* Jeyer mumbles and opens his eyes..
Jess, do that and you'll wake the dead
* Indigo nods.
It'd have to be in a deserted part of the city...
Wh.. Wha..? Where are we..?
Dao, Elemental of Earth, create an earthquake to level the walls!
like there's a deserted part of THIS city?
* Dal sweats. "You never know..." ^^;
* Indigo points to the city walls, glowing brown.
* Jeyer blinks. "Why are you people moving me in my regeneration session..?"
... mind you, blowing a hole in the wall would have been more subtle than what
== Dao appears before the Shining Force.
* Dal points to Indy...
Oh no.. I think this is a bad idea.....
same here, Darin...
== Dao digs his arms deep into the ground and pulls up quickly. A massive
shockwave moves through the ground towards the wall.
* Dal groans. "We're hopeless."
* Indigo nods.
Good, good, good....
== the shockwave hits the wall full force, leveling everything at a 10 feet
* Jess loses her footing and falls right into Darin's arms.
Um. Isn't that a *little* too... argh.
Jess.. you all right?
* Indigo nods to Dao to return.
Now for the distraction...
* Darin looks around...
* Indigo raises her arms and glows blue.
leave that to me, Indi..
Neptune, Elemental of Water, deluge the city in a tidal wave!
* Indigo blinks and turns to her.
mercury, celestial spirit if ice and water, create a sheet of ice to cover our
* Sasha shrugs "I don't care who does the distraction, I don't care even if there IS one,
let's just go!"
Perhaps I should have summoned the Elemental of Plagues....
* Jess waves her arm to the skies as a sheet of ice not only blocks the alleyways, but
creates a solid sheet on the ground behind the party so that no one can follow then.
The whole area is sealed off, letting the Shining Force make there escapes.
Great.. now lets get OUT of here!
* Dal gives up and goes along with the rest. ^^;
Alarms sound in the distance...
* David makes his gallant escape :P
* Jess cuts a high trail out of there.
* Indigo walks out calmly.
* Sasha follows everyone
* Darin follows everyone out
Oh...about the guards.....
Indi, tey can't follow...those ice walls will make sure of that...
Perhaps a visit from Pio will deal with them. We don't want them following us...
Oh, okay, and the tidal wave will keep them busy too....
The Shining Force heads off as far as they can from Gandar... To the north, the
ocean can be spotted...
Yeah, and it'll probably drown every innocent person living here too.
* Indigo looks back.
Neptune hasn't dropped the wave yet.
well, they'll all be slipping and sliding for a while. Every street there is a
solid sheet of ice.
And the walls are smashed.
Neptune, Elemental of Water...what are you doing?
* Darin blinks at David..
== the wave crashes upon the town, unusually large. The guards can be seen
scrambling inside from the gates.
* Indigo smiles and nods. ^_^
There you go Neptune!
* Sasha looks around for a suitable boat
* Indigo goes to Sasha.
Dear, you seem unhappy, what's wrong?
* Indigo looks at her with motherly concern.
* Jess walks over behind Sasha. "See anything worth our while?"
Forested area can be seen to the south... A dirt road leading southward can
also be spotted.
A dirt road
* David applaudes with sarcasm
maybe that road will take us to a port of sorts.
No boats can be seen. The whole coast line is empty.
* Sasha glares at David "What is your problem?"
Or we could go back to Gandar and take a boat.
* Sasha heads along the dirt path "No boats around here, might as well explore the island"
Indi, why would we go back there after we just ESCAPED from that city?
You guys coming?
* Jess glares at Indigo..
It shouldn't take long. We just go in and demand a boat, threaten to wreck the
city again if they don't comply.
* Indigo hugs Sasha.
* Jess follows Sasha. "That woman's a nut...just like Queen Lara always told me."
* David follows Jess. :P
* Sasha pulls away from the hug "That's enough of that, we can do this later."
* Darin follows Jess
My mother is no nut.
she means well, but still a nut.
* Jeyer, not able to stay silent any longer, speaks up. "We have no idea how long we were
travelling, nor where Grans island is to this place."
a fruitcake maybe?
She is no nut, or fruitcake
* Indigo follows along.
* Jeyer grumbles.. "Never listen to the old people.. Buncha ingrates.."
No, I'm not. I'm quite sane and rational now. Back when I traveled with Lara, I
was insane and I had a split personality, but I overcame my madness.
*** Lucca is on IRC
You people don't talk much do you?
* Jeyer sighs.. "You people need to get your act together.."
not when there's alot on my mind...
* Sasha continues walking along
Is there a reason to?
To get out of here?? To find out WHY we were brought here?
Really, I thought mages had a lot more brains than most people.
I was speaking to Sasha, Jeyer..
So was I
* Jeyer sighs.. "Nonetheless, there is no way I am staying here with you people any
longer.. I need to get to the bottom of this. Thank you for freeing me, but this is where
we part ways..."
Sasha, has it ever occurred to you that I am thinking right now about our current
situation and how in the hell to get us OUT of here?
There's got to be another port town down this road somewhere...
* Jeyer looks at David and whispers, "'till we meet again, young David."
Gandar can't be the only port in this city.
* Sasha looks at Jess "You can't stand it when you're not the leader can you?"
* David nods to Jeyer..
== Jeyer casts a teleport spell and dissapears in a flash of light.
* Dal sighs and decides not to butt in the argument...
* Dal blinks.
* Jess glares at Sasha. "Why would I even want that job?"
Oh, bye Jeyer!
I remember him fondly.
I think I once kicked him in the groin....
* Darin backs off... not getting involved..
Well, y'see, most people who are the leaders think of ways to get out of messes,
you seem to be the only one thinking up a plan
At least she's trying to get us out of here and think of something, Sasha..
Perhaps....the dirt road.
Thank you, Darin...
Just go with the flow, how can you think up of a way to get out of a mess while
walking on a dirt road, there's nothing around.
At least she's trying.
There used to be something we would do I think....
* Indigo takes out a coin.
Heads or tails?
O_o Sorry! *goes back to narrating
* Dal shrugs. "Tails..."
* Sasha continues along "True, at least she IS trying, but there is nothing around, so
just relax, you can't alter a plan unless you know what to expect"
And you don't
* Sasha stretches her arms and sighs "Anyway..."
* Indigo follows along, enjoying the scenery.
The alarm goes off suddenly.
Oh well, nothing we can do now...hmmm?
* Darin blinks.. "What on earth??"
OH great...what now?
* Indigo whirls towards the alarm.
* Jess looks toward the alarm...
* Sasha draws her weapon in full alert "Now what?"
Probably those goons from Gandar.
* Indigo prepares to summon an elemental.
* Sasha scans the area for any of the bad guys
* Jess readies her magic. "Spirits of the elements let your power become my weapon."
* Dal sighs and draws his dagger. "Here we go again."
Everything in sight is calm.
A dust cloud can be spotted to the south... Nothing more.
An invisible enemy perhaps....
Except for that dust cloud
* Sasha places her sword back in its scabbard.